I'm scheduled to close on new Touring. but I'm worried

I got the Touring and it’s been a great car, no regrets. I completely agree that the software updates have made a huge difference from earlier complaints.

In terms of the fob, I never tried to use it - went straight to my phone and have rarely had any issues (and only remote ones, not when at the car).

I’ve had a few minor issues that are completely outweighed by the overall car experience. My “fronk” catches about 1/3 of the time and I’m getting it fixed. Also, I have had a fair amount of issues with the Bluetooth not connecting properly. I figure those too will be solved by an update.

I considered the i4 and i5 and a Porsche but I’m glad I went with a Lucid. And my family is too!

I've had my Touring about three months now and I'm at a little over 3000 miles. I love this car more than any other car I've had. It's fun to drive, extremely comfortable for long trips, and it turns heads everywhere I go in it.

I've had zero issues with the key fob so far. The mobile key has been the one that's less consistent for me. Maybe because I have an Android phone?

No OTA issues. Not sure I've even heard of anyone having issues with these in my months here and researching the car before I bought it.

My only build quality problem was the frunk alignment. They brought me a loaner and hauled mine to a service center to fix it, then brought it back and swapped them out. I was very impressed with the service. It was Coldwater, Michigan that did the service and they're about 200 miles from me.

My biggest complaints with the car are minor things. I wish that I didn't have to go through several menus to get to my SiriusXM favorites. I wish you could cycle audio channels with the steering wheel controls. And that I could split the upper and lower screens between GPS and media. With how much I like everything else I can easily forgive a few minor things though.

I've had my Touring about three months now and I'm at a little over 3000 miles. I love this car more than any other car I've had. It's fun to drive, extremely comfortable for long trips, and it turns heads everywhere I go in it.

I've had zero issues with the key fob so far. The mobile key has been the one that's less consistent for me. Maybe because I have an Android phone?

No OTA issues. Not sure I've even heard of anyone having issues with these in my months here and researching the car before I bought it.

My only build quality problem was the frunk alignment. They brought me a loaner and hauled mine to a service center to fix it, then brought it back and swapped them out. I was very impressed with the service. It was Coldwater, Michigan that did the service and they're about 200 miles from me.

My biggest complaints with the car are minor things. I wish that I didn't have to go through several menus to get to my SiriusXM favorites. I wish you could cycle audio channels with the steering wheel controls. And that I could split the upper and lower screens between GPS and media. With how much I like everything else I can easily forgive a few minor things though.
Your favorites should be listed as logos on the Home Screen. Just tap one of the logos. They scroll left/right if you have more than will fit. No need to go through the SiriusXM menus.

Your favorites should be listed as logos on the Home Screen. Just tap one of the logos. They scroll left/right if you have more than will fit. No need to go through the SiriusXM menus.
There are so many choices on so many features in these cars. That is why a forum like this can be so helpful and members like ColonelBadger help others. What seems obvious to one person is not obvious to another.

to poke at the 25K down? are you sure you really want to do that? whats the MF? you maybe better off parking that in a high yield savings account and pulling from that to augment your payment.
My monthly lease payment is entirely covered by my HY Savings interest:)

The problem with putting money down on a lease is that you lose it in the event of an accident.

Let’s say you get into a crash with someone. Even if it’s their fault, if their insurance totals the car, you’re still out that $25k down payment. Sure, you get out of the lease, but the down payment disappears into thin air.

I like leasing, because I’m always attracted to the new and shiny. But I’d never put down a significant down payment for a lease. It’s a huge sum to drop with no equity in the car in return.

Back