I just canceled my order

Before you commit to the EQS, do yourself a favor and watch the various Youtube reviews of it. For the reviews I've seen, it has been overwhelmingly knocked for its driving behavior. Software can be fixed with over the air updates, driving dynamics cannot.

Also, I would expect the EQS to be competition for an Air, not a Gravity. My Air, other than one recall that was dealt with smoothly and quickly, has been flawless for 15 months and 20K miles.
The EQS has (or at least had) both a sedan and SUV version.
 
Before you commit to the EQS, do yourself a favor and watch the various Youtube reviews of it. For the reviews I've seen, it has been overwhelmingly knocked for its driving behavior. Software can be fixed with over the air updates, driving dynamics cannot.

Also, I would expect the EQS to be competition for an Air, not a Gravity. My Air, other than one recall that was dealt with smoothly and quickly, has been flawless for 15 months and 20K miles.
maybe you are thinking of sedan EQS, not the SUV version?

reviewers I've read/watched seem to like both the EQE and EQS SUV's, and they have a decent charging curve. But they are engineered to be soft and comfortable, not driving machines like a BMW or Lucid.
 
I had the EQS as a loaner the other week. I did not like it at all. The navigation system doesn't incorporate the charging stations into the route! That is crazy! I searched forever to try to find how to do this, but I was unsuccessful. I did not like the experience at all. I was so happy to get my Gravity back today.
 
I had the EQS as a loaner the other week. I did not like it at all. The navigation system doesn't incorporate the charging stations into the route! That is crazy! I searched forever to try to find how to do this, but I was unsuccessful. I did not like the experience at all. I was so happy to get my Gravity back today.
weird, yeah it can. likely some option wasn't set properly before you planned a route. or maybe a subscription/data plan had lapsed.
 
maybe you are thinking of sedan EQS, not the SUV version?

reviewers I've read/watched seem to like both the EQE and EQS SUV's, and they have a decent charging curve. But they are engineered to be soft and comfortable, not driving machines like a BMW or Lucid.
Yes I was thinking of the sedan, had no idea the SUV had the same name. I can't think of any other car/SUV combo that have shared the same name before.
 
Did you look at the Rivian R1S?
 
Interesting how you would wait months for your gravity and once it’s been built and a major incoming software patch then cancel your order.
 
Yeah; unfortunately negativity gets amplified on the internet (garners more clicks than positivity), and people don’t generally show up to forums or fb groups if they love their stuff, because they’re usually out driving it or using it. If they hate it though… they seek out people to commiserate with.
I came here because I'm interested in buying a Gravity. While there are a lot of complaints in the forum, including some people explicitly saying they wouldn't buy again, I actually think the overall impression in the forum is quite positive. Sure, there's been a lot of gripes about early software (and some hardware) quality problems with the Gravity, but most people seem to feel that the vehicle is so amazing that they're willing to give Lucid time to address their complaints.

While I did ultimately decide that being an early adopter isn't the right personal choice, reading all the comments here has cemented my opinion that a Gravity is the best EV for me. I plan to wait until next summer for more of the rough edges to get addressed, and buy later next year.
 
I came here because I'm interested in buying a Gravity. While there are a lot of complaints in the forum, including some people explicitly saying they wouldn't buy again, I actually think the overall impression in the forum is quite positive. Sure, there's been a lot of gripes about early software (and some hardware) quality problems with the Gravity, but most people seem to feel that the vehicle is so amazing that they're willing to give Lucid time to address their complaints.

While I did ultimately decide that being an early adopter isn't the right personal choice, reading all the comments here has cemented my opinion that a Gravity is the best EV for me. I plan to wait until next summer for more of the rough edges to get addressed, and buy later next year.
And I fully respect your opinion, both about your read of the forum and of your desire, or lack thereof, to get the Gravity, now or later. :)

I'm glad we have different experiences. It's what makes conversations exciting.
 
I come here because I have an extremely unhealthy relationship with my Gravity, but am committed to working through it and seeing others here have equally unhealthy relationships with their Gravity and other forum members comforts me.

Stay classy.
 
I come here because I have an extremely unhealthy relationship with my Gravity, but am committed to working through it and seeing others here have equally unhealthy relationships with their Gravity and other forum members comforts me.

Stay classy.
Guilty of this too ... I tend to obsess over this car...in good and bad ways ..way more than I think is healthy...I bet most if not all people here are appreciative of small minute details in general...thinking engineers, accountants, finance people, scientists who obsess and enjoy the details...in a 300milw road trip through the weekend and the car has improved so much since the days of owning it since 2023...going to suck losing free EA charging in a few weeks...
 
We took possession of our Gravity GT on Dec 19th. Overall, the pros easily outweigh the cons. Except for one instance where we couldn't at first get the car to start (and which resolved itself), we've had only minor issues. And while the OP is apparently gone after 4 posts into Mercedes EQS-hell (even CR didn't really like the vehicle), it's interesting to note that in comparisons of three-row EVs, the Mercedes gets very little, if any, attention or even mention. Shorter range, slower charging, "frustrating controls" (CR's words), typical Mercedes boat type handling, "mostly comfortable" front seats, tight 3rd row seating.

I've met the CEO of Mercedes. Nice guy, been in automotive for a while, and at the time (about 12-18 months ago), seemed a real believer in EVs. He was touting the upcoming Mercedes CLA EV as a Tesla killer, but it appears that vehicle is still delayed (https://www.mbusa.com/en/future-vehicles/2026-mercedes-benz-cla-sedan ). At any rate, the EQS line of EVs is short-lived as he said Mercedes will re-engineer all of them to use the CLA technologies - but I wonder if now they'll simply let their big EVs wither away.

For the OP, he'll get a relatively bug-free experience in the EQS, but he won't be getting much in the way of updates for missing features and bugs. But, I can see where people used to Mercedes S-class SUVs/sedans would like it.
 
Yes I was thinking of the sedan, had no idea the SUV had the same name. I can't think of any other car/SUV combo that have shared the same name before.
Mustang 😜
 
I am always puzzled by these kinds of posts. I get the ops frustration; but if I am moving on from something, why waste my time writing a book about it? It would have made sense to me if he was seeking help. Anyway good luck!
Posts like this can help inform other potential customers of the typical Lucid experience. This level of detail is helpful for anyone who is considering purchasing a Lucid. Similar to OP, I have had an extremely negative experience with Lucid and their customer service team is essentially non-responsive and shows little interest in supporting their current customers.
 
Posts like this can help inform other potential customers of the typical Lucid experience. This level of detail is helpful for anyone who is considering purchasing a Lucid. Similar to OP, I have had an extremely negative experience with Lucid and their customer service team is essentially non-responsive and shows little interest in supporting their current customers.
Sorry, got to throw a flag here. Not doubting your experience, and that sucks, but it’s a gross generalization and many service centers are extremely responsive, engaged and helpful, based on forum posts. Tysons is excellent, for example. There are definitely broader issues with respect to obtaining parts, internal communications about issues, etc, but to say their “non-responsive” and don’t care about their customers is hyperbole.

Again, they’re not perfect. But they’re clearly trying and the Gravity, along with communications, have been improving consistently. At the pace we’d all like? No. But it’s a process and one in which all Lucid buyers should go in eyes open. Plenty of info out there about the challenges.
 
Sorry, got to throw a flag here. Not doubting your experience, and that sucks, but it’s a gross generalization and many service centers are extremely responsive, engaged and helpful, based on forum posts. Tysons is excellent, for example. There are definitely broader issues with respect to obtaining parts, internal communications about issues, etc, but to say their “non-responsive” and don’t care about their customers is hyperbole.

Again, they’re not perfect. But they’re clearly trying and the Gravity, along with communications, have been improving consistently. At the pace we’d all like? No. But it’s a process and one in which all Lucid buyers should go in eyes open. Plenty of info out there about the challenges.
I completely agree with this. I have not met a single Lucid employee that was not working extremely hard to do what is right for the customer. The broader issues like; internal communication, internal systems and limited employee empowerment sometimes limits what the customer facing employees can do.
 
I completely agree with this. I have not met a single Lucid employee that was not working extremely hard to do what is right for the customer. The broader issues like; internal communication, internal systems and limited employee empowerment sometimes limits what the customer facing employees can do.
Same. Couldn’t agree more.
 
I'm sure glad I'm not a so called "luxury buyer", or at least I'm thankful I don't have the overwhelming sense of entitlement that seems to accompany said buyers. I make durable goods purchases because the product is the best for my needs. I would have missed out on some great vehicles if I had unrealistic expectations about the process.
 
Back
Top