I don’t think the Touring with a Solid Roof will be delivered this year 😥

nautchilous

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I recently upgraded my Pure reservation to the Touring with the hopes of getting the car by the end of this year. I got an email from my assigned Lucid Sales Rep….This is what he sent me via email. Seem the GT will be the last trim that will be delivered Q4 2022. 😫..I guess my touting model will be a 2023 model. Hopefully the software issues I am reading on here will be resolved…

Hello Stephen,

I hope you're having a fantastic day and enjoying the start of your Texas summer. I'm reaching out with an exciting and timely opportunity that I thought you may want to take advantage of as one of our valued Lucid Air Touring reservation holders.

As you may know, on June 1, 2022, Lucid Motors Updated Pricing of Lucid Air across all trim levels: Grand Touring, Touring, and Pure. Reservations placed prior, were locked into the previous pricing model, regarding your reservation, pricing has not increased. That said, since the update was announced, we've had several of our reservation holders upgrade to Lucid Air Grand Touring in order to take advantage of some particular benefits.
  • 25% more range (from 406 to 516 miles of range), including massage seats for driver and passenger (only available on GT)
  • Quicker Delivery Time: With Grand Touring currently in production, we are projecting 5 months to manufacture your car (from the date of Finalizing Your Order)
  • Pre-Updated Reservations placed prior to June 1, 2022, qualify for the Pre-Updated Grand Touring Price of $139k, contingent upon upgrading the reservation by June 30, 2022. Upgraded reservations must be finalized within 30 days from the upgrade date. Upgraded reservations made after June 30, 2022 are subject to the Updated Pricing of $154k
If interested, the Upgrade Process is simple and must be performed no later than June 30th, 2022:
  1. Log into your account at www.lucidmotors.com, go to Design & Orders, click Reservation Details, then choose "UPGRADE RESERVATION" pricing will reflect the current pricing of $154k, continue to upgrade and follow step 2
  2. Once upgraded, email and notify your Sales Advisor, he/she will submit a pricing adjustment to reflect the Pre-Updated Pricing of $139k
  3. Once your pricing adjustment has been completed (typically 24 hours) you can then finalize your order or you can schedule a call with your Sales Advisor who will be happy to walk you through the step-by-step process of finalizing your order.
Note: Please be certain of your decision to upgrade to the Grand Touring, if you decide to adjust your reservation after the upgrade has been performed, your reservation will fall under the current Updated Pricing: Touring ($107,400) or Pure ($87,400).

Please let me know if you would like to discuss the Lucid Air further. For your convenience, you can schedule a call that best aligns with your availability.

Yes . Sounds the same to another poster that the GT deliveries will be continuing until the end of November. If that is the case, Touring deliveries would be in December at best.

Not necessarily. It could be like the GTs and Dreams where they started batching out Touring in whatever color was last for the GTs.

Not necessarily. It could be like the GTs and Dreams where they started batching out Touring in whatever color was last for the GTs.
Yes. They will probably do that, but IF a GT confirmed today is 5 months or the end of November, the first Touring confirmed "tomorrow" @ 5 months would be the beginning of December. I doubt they would start slotting Tourings ahead of GTs that have already been confirmed.

I’m still hoping for a Dec 31st delivery so I can take the tax credit for this year! 🙏

They’re still saying “2-5 months” which is a pipe dream.

They’re still saying “2-5 months” which is a pipe dream.
Well, two months is for sure.

At least they are not using 4 months as the long side anymore. I said on here back in Jan/Feb (when I was getting the inkling the 2-4 months would not be met) that the more realistic timing was 3-5 (boy was I optimistic in my youth!). It was later that Lucid finally started using 5 as the end date, but I think their goal has been and continues to be 2 months so they won't give up the ghost. At some point, perhaps. For now, they just need to clear their backlog and stop confirming more orders than they can reasonably deliver in 1-2 months. Otherwise the funnel keeps filling and that back end gets longer. It would be better for them to not confirm any Tourings until the production and QC is under control. It doesn't mean that the Tourings would be delivered later, it is just that the timelines can become more realistic when they confirm and the customers will be smore satisfied in the end.

I recently upgraded my Pure reservation to the Touring with the hopes of getting the car by the end of this year. I got an email from my assigned Lucid Sales Rep….This is what he sent me via email. Seem the GT will be the last trim that will be delivered Q4 2022. 😫..I guess my touting model will be a 2023 model. Hopefully the software issues I am reading on here will be resolved…

What if the Pure comes before your T?

A loaded Pure may be made before a low-end T, I don't know, but what if.

The only appeal of a low end T was delivery date would come sooner. But now that’s not true, it makes no sense to be in the Touring category.

Good question…I am going to cancel my Pure reservation and just go with the touring package..😉….The real leather seats, aircon seats, the faster charging, rear shade, the 21” wheels seem to be worth it in my opinion…Maybe they can just apply the $300 deposit to my Touring reservation bottom line.

Good question…I am going to cancel my Pure reservation and just go with the touring package..😉….The real leather seats, aircon seats, the faster charging, rear shade, the 21” wheels seem to be worth it in my opinion…Maybe they can just apply the $300 deposit to my Touring reservation bottom line.

How much faster is the charging? Do you know the specs for sure???

I thought that all deposits are fully refundable if you decide to cancel?

You can upgrade on the website and the $300 is applied.
Yes until confirmation.

Up until they send you the time to conform your order and they start the build. Once you confirm and move forward they keep it.

Do we know for sure that pure will come without ventilated seats? Not even an option? Definitely a let down if you are comparing to a model S.

Do we know for sure that pure will come without ventilated seats? Not even an option? Definitely a let down if you are comparing to a model S.
Nothing is for sure with the Pure, but several people heard from SAs and such that Touring gets ventilated, heated, but no massage, Pure gets heated, no ventilated, no massage. Not even as options. Can't be 100% sure until that shows up on the web site somewhere, or until Pures start getting confirmed.

Nothing is for sure with the Pure, but several people heard from SAs and such that Touring gets ventilated, heated, but no massage, Pure gets heated, no ventilated, no massage. Not even as options. Can't be 100% sure until that shows up on the web site somewhere, or until Pures start getting confirmed.
The variations make some sense, given the different leather / faux leather between GT, Touring, and Pure. They all get different seats, anyway, in other words.

That is why I was able to justify getting the GT because it has everything the Dream Has except the HP I think….

No option from what I heard, they want you to upgrade to get features like a glass roof, leather or interior choices, vented seats, massage seats, etc...

Back