• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hunting wild Lucid Airs

Have you spotted your first wild Air?

• Yup!

Votes: 185 59.5%
  • Maybe? Wasn't sure.

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Nope! Still looking!

Votes: 50 16.1%
  • I'm the wild Air you're hunting! (owner)

Votes: 73 23.5%

• Total voters
On Sunday 12/31/2023 I was at the Phoenix Zoo and this was parked across from me. I have seen several but this is the first one I have seen that wasn't moving hence the first picture I have taken of a Lucid in the wild::

Attachments

• IMG_1824.jpg
    IMG_1824.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 82
Does that mean your car is your worst nightmare, seeing as to how a zero day is for a peogrammer? 🤣
Quite the opposite. Zerodays gave me job security ;)

(I’ve been in security most of my life; vuln research/discovery, exploit dev, exploit weaponization; started Tinfoil Security in 2011 before selling it in Jan 2020 to Synopsys, but before Tinfoil I spent a while doing “spook” things for places unnamed)

Quite the opposite. Zerodays gave me job security ;)

(I’ve been in security most of my life; vuln research/discovery, exploit dev, exploit weaponization; started Tinfoil Security in 2011 before selling it in Jan 2020 to Synopsys, but before Tinfoil I spent a while doing “spook” things for places unnamed)
Ah, lets just hope the company you work for now doesnt come upon you liking zero days, or you might be in some trouble 🤣

Ah, lets just hope the company you work for now doesnt come upon you liking zero days, or you might be in some trouble 🤣
I’m very funemployed at the moment, thinking about what to start next. :) (that’s part of why I can be on here so often)

Also, any company that takes issue with me finding vulns in their software is not a company I would ever work for; especially if they take issue with me finding vulns in their software *as an internal asset*.

(NB: follow responsible disclosure policies, know who you’re dealing with, and be careful. Don’t get thrown in prison, and if you do, don't come @ me)

Last edited:
I’m very funemployed at the moment, thinking about what to start next. :) (that’s part of why I can be on here so often)

Also, any company that takes issue with me finding vulns in their software is not a company I would ever work for; especially if they take issue with me finding vulns in their software *as an internal asset*.

(NB: follow responsible disclosure policies, know who you’re dealing with, and be careful. Don’t get thrown in prison, and if you do, done come @ me)
Sounds like an adventurous life, which I respect!

I also assume you meant "don't," unless you want to bail me out..

Woah, if only the rest of us also had the ability to edit in more than the 49 seconds allowed now!
Let any of the mods know if you ever need to edit anything past the timeout and we can assist.

The reason the timeout exists is because we don’t want people changing their arguments or discussions and ruining the flow of conversation. Mods can override it to remove things that are offensive, for example.

Are you guys seeing more Lucid Air on the road these days or is it only me. I have seen 4 in the past 3 days Looks like Lucid is selling more cars after they cut their prices

Are you guys seeing more Lucid Air on the road these days or is it only me. I have seen 4 in the past 3 days Looks like Lucid is selling more cars after they cut their prices
Yes, I have started seeing more of them driving on the roads. But this week for the first time I saw two parked: one at the Phoenix Zoo on Sunday and one at the Talking Stick golf course.

Lately I've seen a Lucid Air pretty much every time I drive in the neighborhood. It's a nice change (South Bay, northern California).

I’m 90% sure the blurry one is me. Was the plate ZERODAY?
Okay that’s one of the coolest plates. I might steal this. From one cyber security nerd to another, love that! I know we’ve talked in the past about it but I work at PANW. I eat sleep and breath security at this point.

One of my peers has a Tesla with plates that read “MALW4RE” which I thought was cool too.

Okay that’s one of the coolest plates. I might steal this. From one cyber security nerd to another, love that! I know we’ve talked in the past about it but I work at PANW. I eat sleep and breath security at this point.
Wait, are you talking about Palo Alto networks? I made 4 figures from that stock!

You could do 0DAY, but I know that is not even close to how cool ZERODAY is.

Wait, are you talking about Palo Alto networks? I made 4 figures from that stock!

You could do 0DAY, but I know that is not even close to how cool ZERODAY is.
Yessir! I’ve been employed there for about 3.5 years. Was given a lot of stocks that I’ve been sitting on and typically get more every 6 months. My first batch was before the 3:1 split.

Yessir! I’ve been employed there for about 3.5 years. Was given a lot of stocks that I’ve been sitting on and typically get more every 6 months. My first batch was before the 3:1 split.
Ah, 3.5 years is close to how long I've had it for!
(10th birthday loan with interest lol)

Bunch of other Cybersecurity people on this forum... also, why every 6 months? Thats a very interesting bonus structure, and I like it!

Ah, 3.5 years is close to how long I've had it for!
(10th birthday loan with interest lol)

Bunch of other Cybersecurity people on this forum... also, why every 6 months? Thats a very interesting bonus structure, and I like it!

I think I started posting here after the age joke thing started lol aren’t you around my age actually? I know we are both gen z’ers.

Honestly it’s a great company. It’s every 6 months because we have mid year and annual reviews. Don’t want to toot my own horn but I’ve been fairly successful and getting merit raises which usually come with RSUs to boot.

I think I started posting here after the age joke thing started lol aren’t you around my age actually? I know we are both gen z’ers.

Honestly it’s a great company. It’s every 6 months because we have mid year and annual reviews. Don’t want to toot my own horn but I’ve been fairly successful and getting merit raises which usually come with RSUs to boot.
Not a joke, actually.

And those bonuses make sense then! What position/level, if you are comfortable sharing?

And maybe move to DMs to not hijack the thread lol

my first batch was in 2015, been holing since then

Back