How to invoke Apple CarPlay?

Silkrip

Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Received a couple of OTA updates for my Lucid Air GT, and saw some publicity about Apple CarPlay running on a Lucid. If it's true that the feature is now in the car, how do I activate it and use it? Yes, I have an iPhone, and I often use Apple CarPlay in my wife's Kia Niro EV, so I assume I have to plug my iPhone into the USB port, but I didn't see anything on the Lucid menus. Would really appreciate someone providing some guidance on this to an unsavvy owner. Thanks!

But if the car has something like that, why do I need to connect to a wi-fi for downloads
No, you do not have to connect to WiiFi for OTA updates (if that's what you were referring to). I have had my GT for more than 3 months now and have never paired the car with any Wifi network. All the OTA updates so far have been just fine - it uses the car's cellular connection.

No, you do not have to connect to WiiFi for OTA updates (if that's what you were referring to). I have had my GT for more than 3 months now and have never paired the car with any Wifi network. All the OTA updates so far have been just fine - it uses the car's cellular connection.
Correct. It’s faster over wifi, but not required.

It's faster over wifi if you have good home internet speed. I'm on wifi internet at 10mbps, so I choose to not use my home wifi for updates...
Yeah, fair. I have gigabit fiber so please, clog my pipes. :p

Living in the sticks has its disadvantages. But plenty of advantages too - like getting 2 free powerwalls from the state because we're on well water.
Starlink?

Back