How to invoke Apple CarPlay?

Silkrip

Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Received a couple of OTA updates for my Lucid Air GT, and saw some publicity about Apple CarPlay running on a Lucid. If it's true that the feature is now in the car, how do I activate it and use it? Yes, I have an iPhone, and I often use Apple CarPlay in my wife's Kia Niro EV, so I assume I have to plug my iPhone into the USB port, but I didn't see anything on the Lucid menus. Would really appreciate someone providing some guidance on this to an unsavvy owner. Thanks!

Received a couple of OTA updates for my Lucid Air GT, and saw some publicity about Apple CarPlay running on a Lucid. If it's true that the feature is now in the car, how do I activate it and use it? Yes, I have an iPhone, and I often use Apple CarPlay in my wife's Kia Niro EV, so I assume I have to plug my iPhone into the USB port, but I didn't see anything on the Lucid menus. Would really appreciate someone providing some guidance on this to an unsavvy owner. Thanks!
It’s not out yet, sorry!

If you say the name 3 times it may be summoned from the netherworld...Apple CarPlay....Apple CarPlay....Apple Carpla....nooooooo

For some unfathomable reason the USB ports in the Air will only charge a phone. They do not transfer information….

Okay, many thanks! Now to go buy some ruby slippers 🥴.
On an only slightly related note, I thought the center console front left slot provided an inductive charging facility for the iPhone, but my phone only seems to charge if I plug it in to the USB port. What am I missing (other than those critical ruby slippers)?
Thanks!

Okay, many thanks! Now to go buy some ruby slippers 🥴.
On an only slightly related note, I thought the center console front left slot provided an inductive charging facility for the iPhone, but my phone only seems to charge if I plug it in to the USB port. What am I missing (other than those critical ruby slippers)?
Thanks!
It’s a mess. Some report the phone only charges in the pocket if slid in upside down. Go figure….

On an only slightly related note, I thought the center console front left slot provided an inductive charging facility for the iPhone, but my phone only seems to charge if I plug it in to the USB port.
I have no problem charging my iPhone 13 Pro Max (with an Apple Leather Case) in that left inductive slot. The trick is that you need to slide it down until it just hits the camera bump. If it does not start charging, then if you pull it forward slightly and let it hit the back again, it should start. Once it starts, you should be able to slide it further, but I usually just slide it until it stops at the camera bump and it never fails to start.

Apple Carplay is not on the car yet

Maybe it is in there already with bare minimum functionality. But you would need to perform Nintendo trick on your steering wheel knobs and ACC buttons to invoke out. “Up-Up-Down-Down-ArrowRight-ArrowRight-ArrowLeft-ArrowLeft-LeftKnobClick-LeftKnobClick-RightKnobClick-RightKnobClick”
Abracadabra …. 💢🔮⌛⏳🖥

I have no problem charging my iPhone 13 Pro Max (with an Apple Leather Case) in that left inductive slot. The trick is that you need to slide it down until it just hits the camera bump. If it does not start charging, then if you pull it forward slightly and let it hit the back again, it should start. Once it starts, you should be able to slide it further, but I usually just slide it until it stops at the camera bump and it never fails to start.
Alex, thank you! Went to Santa Barbara and back today, and my iPhone charged just fine when I did exactly as you said and pushed it down into the slot. Great tip, not in the manual. Speaking of charging, the Electrify America chargers in Los Alamos were busy, but they had saved one slot just for us, I guess; 19 minutes, went from 44% to 70%, and no charge for the charge - nice! We saw the whole town in those 19 minutes, even bought bread at Bob's Well Bread Bakery.

Seriously??

Utterly and completely. I don’t know how Rawlinson and his interior designers could have missed this either. The Toyota Camry I rented a few days ago allowed me to use its USB to use CarPlay. Can’t get any more lowly in the car prestige hierarchy than a Camry.

Utterly and completely. I don’t know how Rawlinson and his interior designers could have missed this either. The Toyota Camry I rented a few days ago allowed me to use its USB to use CarPlay. Can’t get any more lowly in the car prestige hierarchy than a Camry.
It's because they didn't want anyone hacking into their systems through a wired connection.

It’s not missed, it’s deliberate.

Back