How do I become a member of members-only loung

PaulM

Cars
Lucid Air GT quantum gray
New here two weeks. How do I become a member of members only?

Reactions: Joe
Current requirements are 25 posts.

Edit: Now that I think about this more with your post, I believe there should be other requirements such as X amount of posts AND X amount of time being on the forums for those who don't post as much, but are indeed active here. I will work on some new requirements that doesn't rely on posting count only.

Thanks!

Last edited:
You have to know the secret handshake, but we can't tell you, well, because it's a secret !! ;)

Edit: Now that I think about this more with your post, I believe there should be other requirements such as X amount of posts AND X amount of time being on the forums for those who don't post as much, but are indeed active here. I will work on some new requirements that doesn't rely on posting count only.

Thanks!
I am not sure of the objective for the members only lounge, but my first impression was owners only.

Possible requirements:
- Ownership of a Lucid
- Frequency based posting (not sure of the stats available on members) plus time requirement

I will update if other logical suggestions come to mind.

I am not sure of the objective for the members only lounge, but my first impression was owners only.

Possible requirements:
- Ownership of a Lucid
- Frequency based posting (not sure of the stats available on members) plus time requirement

I will update if other logical suggestions come to mind.
The idea behind the Members Only Lounge was to allow people a place to chat that wasn't able to be scraped by outsiders, bots, etc. What gets said in there, in other words, is not something random publications can quote in their articles without permission. Because they can't see anything in there. (At least in theory.)

Of course, a publication can join the forum, post 25 times, and THEN quote whatever they feel like from the Members Only Lounge without permission. But then there's no question they are being jerkwads. And it's a bit more effort, at least.

Any journalist with any sort of ethics would always ask for permission before quoting us here (and some have). But there are terrible people on the internet, as we all know. So we try and make things a bit harder for them, at least.

Meanwhile, keep in mind whatever you post here outside the Members Only Lounge can be seen by anyone who finds it via Google, a link, etc. Usual caveats apply.

I'd hate to see the Members Only Lounge limited to actual owners. For one, that would exclude the vast majority of us at this point. For another, it creates a sense of "Owners are better than the poor schlubs still waiting for their cars." And this place has never been about that.

Once you surpass the magic 25 posts, are you automatically allowed access or do you still need to be approved by an admin?

Once you surpass the magic 25 posts, are you automatically allowed access or do you still need to be approved by an admin?
Log out and log back in

System will automatically upgrade your account. The check happens usually every ~20min.

I’m also wondering this - do we mean 25 actual posts (aka, new threads), or just 25 comments on possibly other people’s posts? I’d find the former to be quite difficult to accomplish, actually…and I’ve got the latter, but not yet been able to get past the bouncer!

I’m also wondering this - do we mean 25 actual posts (aka, new threads), or just 25 comments on possibly other people’s posts? I’d find the former to be quite difficult to accomplish, actually…and I’ve got the latter, but not yet been able to get past the bouncer!
It checks every 20 minutes and if not log out and back in.

It checks every 20 minutes and if not log out and back in.
Yes, thank you - I’d checked before making that comment and was still blocked, but just after that I tried again and got in. So it seems that the word “post” actually does mean “comment”, for clarity.

Thanks!
That would be great, Joe!
I'm on here all the time.
Thank you.

Back