Houston owners?

Tesla2.0

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
F0ZQ8SWA
Anyone out there got their Air delivered?

DE performance delivered 12/31/2021.

How is the build quality etc and what is your driving and other experience so far?
Excellent built quality, fastest and smoothest beast on the street. Interior is just beautiful with many upscale materials like suede, leather, wood, velvet, wool, fine stitches…. Just impressive.

Software, “just working”, the surround camera stitching is awesome. But I think navigation can use more enhancement. Dream Drive Pro, is wait and see.

I’m being hopeful, pretty damn good for a first car by any company imo.

Somehow it was my understanding that Performance could only be had with 21 inch wheels. Intersting.any stories to share?
19" wheels were an option. I didn't like the looks of the 21" ones.

I saw for the first time a Pearl white MB EQS 450+ In the wild yesterday on 45 Hwy from Dallas to Houston. It was very elegant looking too and imo is better looking than darker color one. The first time I saw EQS was a grey one in Katy Mills EA station, I didn’t like it. I can see from next lane it has big navigation screen in the center in landscape orientation. I believe that’s the plus side of MB with decades of user interface refinement.

I saw for the first time a Pearl white MB EQS 450+ In the wild yesterday on 45 Hwy from Dallas to Houston. It was very elegant looking too and imo is better looking than darker color one. The first time I saw EQS was a grey one in Katy Mills EA station, I didn’t like it. I can see from next lane it has big navigation screen in the center in landscape orientation. I believe that’s the plus side of MB with decades of user interface refinement.
EQS.jpg

I understand. I was parked next to a Black EQS400 and I personally found the shape ugly and I do not want a 24 Or 30 inch Landscape bright lit screen staring me in the face but I get a lot of people do. Yes, It will be a long time before a Licid catches up to what MB or BMW can do. Lucid's advantage is Their Battery and Powertrain tech and ultimately that is what Peter wanted to sell. I am willing to be that guy retires or is gone after 5 years or as soon as he can get out.

I do not find him to be CEO Material and a bit of a flake. I feel he lied about the production numbers to Make the SOAC Merger and more so the Additional billions of shares authorized so the company could have a Blank checkbook.

They should concentrate on the US First and build service in every Major City before they moved to Europe. Maybe they thought by going to Germany they could put Pressure on MB and BMW?

19" wheels were an option. I didn't like the looks of the 21" ones.
I don’t want to have to pay for special 21” wheels and lot of people who have cars with those wheels not Lucid’s complain of more road noise. I actually would have preferred a Hard top. I am not a sunroof guy at all.

I don’t want to have to pay for special 21” wheels and lot of people who have cars with those wheels not Lucid’s complain of more road noise. I actually would have preferred a Hard top. I am not a sunroof guy at all.
Based on your comments, perhaps consider another car? The road noise on the 21” is very minimal, just mildly louder than on the 19”. The 21” don’t cost anything extra when you buy them with the car.

As for your comments about Peter, who is both the CEO and CTO; he’s not going anywhere, and he hasn’t lied yet. He’s done a fine job so far, as he’s one of the chief engineering minds who put together the team and helped design the Air.

I understand. I was parked next to a Black EQS400 and I personally found the shape ugly and I do not want a 24 Or 30 inch Landscape bright lit screen staring me in the face but I get a lot of people do. Yes, It will be a long time before a Licid catches up to what MB or BMW can do. Lucid's advantage is Their Battery and Powertrain tech and ultimately that is what Peter wanted to sell. I am willing to be that guy retires or is gone after 5 years or as soon as he can get out.

I do not find him to be CEO Material and a bit of a flake. I feel he lied about the production numbers to Make the SOAC Merger and more so the Additional billions of shares authorized so the company could have a Blank checkbook.

They should concentrate on the US First and build service in every Major City before they moved to Europe. Maybe they thought by going to Germany they could put Pressure on MB and BMW?
It depends on how long ones want to keep a car, bigger range can afford more battery degradation years down the road. Peter sold himself as image of chief engineer at Lotus, Jaguar, Tesla and Lucid and eventually climbed to top of ladder as CEO. However, he has very different style, unlike Elon Musk willing to keep pushing limit of production, Peter is not that kind of guy fearless like Elon to scale up with highest risk. I do believe this company has viable future unlike Rivian being toss away by Amazon and Ford to salvage investment. Saudi has a very deep unbreakable pocket, they are also facing the global paradigm shift of going green and buy less of their oil. They basically wants this company to cater to them, and Saudi knows what luxury market is. So for that, I think being a CEO of this company has dilemma unlike complete freedom of Elon Musk in execution. They are not even walking and needed to build AMP-2 in Saudi, I don’t think Elon would approve that as CEO.

Time will tell of Lucid. I think as for pound for pound, this is AWESOME GREAT purchase, research and development to this kind of engineering efficiency has high cost. Other cars have intrinsic built-in brand cost. Lucid just have low scaling and technology high cost. They need to pump in more $ into software ramping. I rather have a good hardware with working in progress software than a software with hardware at its limitation. So Ido hope they impress me.

As for stock price, it is on sale imo. I don’t know where the bottom is, I just know 2020 Covid and 2008 mortgage crisis, the market was oversold. China being locked down for supply chain problem is like 2020 market all over again.

Last edited:
One of the other things about Lucid, that I hope continues into the future is their R&D focused on Formula E, which should find its way down to their normal cars. We had this discussion in another thread but if they can continue to work on battery and drivetrain stuff for Formula E, then that will help them as well.

Delivered May 15, 2022.
Lucid Air Grand Touring, Quantum Grey, Tahoe Interior, 21” Aero Blade Wheels
I am in The Woodlands area north of Houston if anyone in the area is wanting to see one in person.

Delivered May 15, 2022.
I am in The Woodlands area north of Houston if anyone in the area is wanting to see one in person.
Would love to see a photo of the car. We have yet to see a grey in the wild...

Delivered May 15, 2022.
Pictures please!!!!
I have yet seem one. I am going to pick up mine tomorrow from PPF shop next to Lucid Service Center. I’m in Katy area.

Just in case people are only watching regional threads. DFW/Plano here. PPF Will take a bit.
Gorgeous look! The color is like zenith red, it looks almost like black under overcast sky.

I am in Sugar Land TX I booked AGT on May 31st Would like to see the car. Please let me know who can help to see the car. I am okay to drive down Katy or Wood land or Houston to see the Car.

Back