Homelink Software Update

bill1745

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Pure
Last evening (5/31/24) I went to the Pasadena CA Lucid Studio opening. Peter Rawlinson (CEO/CTO) and Derek Jenkins (SR. VP of Design and Brand) were there. I talked to Jenkins about the HomeLink issue that it is blocked when in reverse. He said a software fix is coming in a "couple of weeks" and that it has been recently the No. 1 owner complaint.

Rawlinson was talking about all the places parts are sourced from, like chips from Taiwan, leather from Mexico, some soft parts from VIetnam,. stampings from MIchigan near Detroit, and some castings from China. I asked about the Genesis deal recently in the press but je said he could not talk about it yet.

Last evening (5/31/24) I went to the Pasadena CA Lucid Studio opening. Peter Rawlinson (CEO/CTO) and Derek Jenkins (SR. VP of Design and Brand) were there. I talked to Jenkins about the HomeLink issue that it is blocked when in reverse. He said a software fix is coming in a "couple of weeks" and that it has been recently the No. 1 owner complaint.

Rawlinson was talking about all the places parts are sourced from, like chips from Taiwan, leather from Mexico, some soft parts from VIetnam,. stampings from MIchigan near Detroit, and some castings from China. I asked about the Genesis deal recently in the press but je said he could not talk about it yet.
Yay! It's about time! I hope it really happens in "a couple of weeks".

..I talked to Jenkins about the HomeLink issue that it is blocked when in reverse. He said a software fix is coming in a "couple of weeks" and that it has been recently the No. 1 owner complaint...
That's great news. I wonder in what medium or avenue Mr. Jenkins sees those user complaints. Through customer service? On a forum?

I finally gave up and installed third party cloud-linked devices to open or close my garage doors upon verbal command from Alexa and Google. They work great and are easier than trying to hit the Lucid's soft button that pops up while driving toward my garage. Even more so when trying to hit the nonexistent soft button while in reverse.

To be a fly on the wall of that studio last night. It must have been amazing to met just a few of the minds behind Lucid.

I bet they also went to visit Newcombs given it's now open again. Actually I should have gone up their instead of going on my usual 50 mile morning bike ride. Damn I'm stupid.

I’m counting the days till this happens! The last thing I need is sentry mode and the car will be perfected in my opinion.

Reactions: AMG
I’m counting the days till this happens! The last thing I need is sentry mode and the car will be perfected in my opinion.
You must be an iOS user. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Would be a fantastic fix, especially if the drop down box appears automatically while backing out like when you arrive home! Tesla had that feature over five years ago…

To be a fly on the wall of that studio last night. It must have been amazing to met just a few of the minds behind Lucid.

I bet they also went to visit Newcombs given it's now open again. Actually I should have gone up their instead of going on my usual 50 mile morning bike ride. Damn I'm stupid.
When I rsvp'd, I did not know either was going to be there but I was hoping. It was a great event, lots of Lucid owners, fabulous food and wine, abd the VIPs.

We shall see. One week remaining!

Back