• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Home charger recommendation?

I'm having an electrician doing the install and said that I would supply the necessary parts. All I need now is the 6 gauge wire with a run less than 20ft but their are so many types and that's why I asked for suggestions on an Amazon link and still hoping to hear from someone?
Likely not a buy from Amazon. I’m guessing the Electrician will use EMT (metal ) conduit. You should ask them for a parts list. How many feet of 3/4” EMT, elbows, joints, electrical boxes, how many feet of 6ga, what gauge green ground wire they want to use, etc. Homedepot has a great selection.

That is why I "might" consider buying a charger, second home and being able to just have the cord remain on the wall in my main house. I am not too worried about being able to program when the car charges to take advantage of rate timing as we still have flat rate billing at just under $.09/KwH.

That is why I "might" consider buying a charger, second home and being able to just have the cord remain on the wall in my main house. I am not too worried about being able to program when the car charges to take advantage of rate timing as we still have flat rate billing at just under $.09/KwH.
What in the heck. Our cheapest rate is $0.09/KwH and that's from 10 pm to 7am

Aren't you located in CA? That is what you get for buying power from other states. I might be wrong though as that info was from a very lengthy "discussion" about "EV's in a Blizzard" on a Vintage Mustang Forum. That was a very interesting and contentious discussion with a few spouting off details about EV's they obviously knew very little about.

On the plus side, this thread actually had me log into my Duke Energy account and get my rate. I was a bit surprised that we had a flat rate.

Y
Aren't you located in CA? That is what you get for buying power from other states. I might be wrong though as that info was from a very lengthy "discussion" about "EV's in a Blizzard" on a Vintage Mustang Forum. That was a very interesting and contentious discussion with a few spouting off details about EV's they obviously knew very little about.

On the plus side, this thread actually had me log into my Duke Energy account and get my rate. I was a bit surprised that we had a flat rate.
Yea, super expensive for all utilities, but that's the price to pay for being in California. West coast best coast!

I moved from GA to NV to avoid state taxes and lived in NV for nine years. No way will I pay CA taxes, nice place to visit though and we had a great nine days making our way from San Diego to Avenue of the Giants, north of San Francisco. Glad to be back in the South though.

Aren't you located in CA? That is what you get for buying power from other states.
That's correct - it varies year by year depending on weather. From 25% to 35% is imported from other states. That's what happens when you deregulate energy production and prioritize "clean" energy over energy reliability. 5th largest economy in the world and we want to lead the world in being friendly to the environment even if we have to suffer through an occasional rolling blackout.

I looked at moving after retirement and I just can not do it. No place else appeals to me like the incredible state of CA. Other states and countries were nice places to visit but I wouldn't want to give this up to live there.

That's correct - it varies year by year depending on weather. From 25% to 35% is imported from other states. That's what happens when you deregulate energy production and prioritize "clean" energy over energy reliability. 5th largest economy in the world and we want to lead the world in being friendly to the environment even if we have to suffer through an occasional rolling blackout.

I looked at moving after retirement and I just can not do it. No place else appeals to me like the incredible state of CA. Other states and countries were nice places to visit but I wouldn't want to give this up to live there.
I'd rather be on California's utility grid than Texas' utility grid...

What in the heck. Our cheapest rate is $0.09/KwH and that's from 10 pm to 7am
We only get $0.096 and that is from midnight to 6a. And that is on the EV plan that also charges you a $16 monthly fee. Otherwise the rates are MUCH higher.

the Rates on my previous post were apparantly from last month. Did not know the rates increased. Cheapest rate is now $10842 from 12-6a in the summer.

San Diego has the highest electric rates in the country (including Hawaii). The current standard TOU rates range from $0.41 from 12-6a to a high of $0.5665 during the day. If you have solar, you can get as cheap as $0.3133 at night but it goes up to $0.65158 in the evening when the sun isn’t shining.. the cheapest night time rate is on a EV-TOU5 which is the $10201 in the winter but goes up to $0.65302 in the summer evenings. You also pay a $16 monthly service charge. Ouch is right!

Yea. We are a 3rd world nation state When it comes to basic power and water.

With the car imminent, could anybody tell me how long the mobile “charger” that comes with the car is.
at this point I realize I am either parking outside :(
or rearranging the garage such that the two cars switch around :(
or looking at extending the 50A run from where the old dryer used to be :(

Or .. maybe lucky enough to find the mobile charge is long enough without hanging over two cars

With the car imminent, could anybody tell me how long the mobile “charger” that comes with the car is.
at this point I realize I am either parking outside :(
or rearranging the garage such that the two cars switch around :(
or looking at extending the 50A run from where the old dryer used to be :(

Or .. maybe lucky enough to find the mobile charge is long enough without hanging over two cars
The mobile cable is 20 ft.

Besides the possible Q3 availability, does anyone have any new info on the Lucid Charger?
I'm not necessarily interested in the V2H capability, which I assume will be a costly unit.
A plain vanilla unit would work for me, so I'm debating whether I should buy a ChargePoint or a Juicebox, unless Lucid also make a basic unit.

Besides the possible Q3 availability, does anyone have any new info on the Lucid Charger?
I'm not necessarily interested in the V2H capability, which I assume will be a costly unit.
A plain vanilla unit would work for me, so I'm debating whether I should buy a ChargePoint or a Juicebox, unless Lucid also make a basic unit.
If you don't need the v2h, I'd go with something else.

If you don't need the v2h, I'd go with something else.
Yep, that's my leaning. Was looking at the ChargePoint and saw a $300 higher price tag on Amazon vs, direct sale from the company.

I love our ChargePoint Flex and it can operate as high as 50 amps if hardwired into a 70 amp circuit. There are others out there which are also highly recommended.

Back