Hirings and Development

I actually just took a look at this, wondering if someone I know might be interested. Huge number of positions, was my takeaway, but I’m not start up knowledgeable. Still, headwinds being what they are, the number of competitive positions they’re seeking to fill seems a bit daunting. What’s your take?
Looking at job postings might’ve been easier… what I did was look at current employees on LinkedIn and their listed role department. 🤣 I know that Lucid offers really competitive wages, however, they lack in their bonus/stock bonuses. Also, being a startup, they seem to have startup hours (50+/week).

Looking at job postings might’ve been easier… what I did was look at current employees on LinkedIn and their listed role department. 🤣 I know that Lucid offers really competitive wages, however, they lack in their bonus/stock bonuses. Also, being a startup, they seem to have startup hours (50+/week).

Interesting. Usually startups offer good stock options to encourage skilled persons to take on the risk of a new company.

Interesting. Usually startups offer good stock options to encourage skilled persons to take on the risk of a new company.
It’s not bad by any means but it’s not good compared to others in the same area. This is going to come off as privileged to say but…

For example, Lucid Motors offered a Senior Engineer:

Base: 155k
Stocks: 160k over 4 years

Whereas here’s an offer my friend got from LinkedIn in the Bay Area for a new grad role:

Base: 150k
Stock: 400k over 4 years

The presumption here is that 160k will skyrocket as Lucid progresses I guess.

They are public, not a startup. The math changes.

(Also, a lot of companies offer terrible stock options and you need to negotiate for good one. My last company was 30 people when I joined, the equity offer was garbage, and I had to negotiate it to 4x of the original offer to make it reasonable)

Back