Hey Lucid Marketing And Software Team

I don't recall seeing this commercial, but wouldn't it be better if they showed the house and then the neighborhood and all the lights turn off suddenly except the one they showed earlier with the truck.....I hope there isn't that big of a delay between power going out and switching to the truck for power.

Interesting thought. But, as someone who lives in an area with occasional power outages, I think that most folks would do some quick math on the cost of a (insert higher priced EV and home charging station here) that will depreciate and might not be at home when power goes out vs a permanent standby generac-type generator that will add value to the home. That's not to say that it's not a selling point of the EV's that can do it. I just don't see it as a viable economic move that will prompt people with power outage issues to move to an expensive EV setup.
In my part of DE you can't get a backup generator for a small (1,600sf) home for under $10.5k-$11k. That extra $11k buys a fair amount of car. IMO.

In my part of DE you can't get a backup generator for a small (1,600sf) home for under $10.5k-$11k. That extra $11k buys a fair amount of car. IMO.
Yeah its much more expensive here in the Bay Area for either a generator or Tesla PowerWalls.

I don't recall seeing this commercial, but wouldn't it be better if they showed the house and then the neighborhood and all the lights turn off suddenly except the one they showed earlier with the truck.....I hope there isn't that big of a delay between power going out and switching to the truck for power.
The commercial I saw actually did just that. You pretty much had it spot on.

Back