Delay in receiving plates

larrycpa

Verified Owner
Cars
2024 Lucid Air Pure RWD
DE Number
Picked my Pure up June 30th. Been waiting for my plates so I can schedule service and have a few minor things taken care of. Last Wednesday I got a FedEx package with my plates, or so I thought. Registration showed another Lucid owner's name and address, and license plate was different than DMV website showed.
My first thought was "Cool. I can park anywhere." My second thought was "So can the person with my plates can park anywhere they want". Anyway, I called the number for the shipper on the envelope, and they were very apologetic about the mistake, and said that they needed to speak with their client (Lucid).
About 10 minutes later they called back, apologized again and asked me to return the incorrect plates and sent me a mailing label to do so. They promised to track down my plates.
Having not heard anything since, I contacted Lucid on Monday. The rep was very nice and said he would pass this along to the registration department.
I still haven't heard from them.
IDK if mine was a one off with somebody else, or if all of the NY plates went astray that day. The plates I got were 30 digits away from the plates I am supposed to get. It could be a huge problem for them, and us Lucid owners).
Waiting for a resolution. I do have the AZ temp tags for another month so it is not an emergency yet.

Back