- Joined
- Mar 14, 2026
- Messages
- 370
- Reaction score
- 646
- Location
- Silicon Valley
- Cars
- Stellar DE-P
- Air DE Number
- 088
Maybe I don't get it, but his biggest complaint is the loss of Hold mode while on an incline, and there is a very plausible explanation which bugs me.
I am new to this vehicle and seek input from the collective wisdom here.
He said he stopped in to rent skis. He returned to his car which is on a slope in Hold mode. He put his foot on the brake to Start and then shifted into Reverse, but rolled forward.
But, if you slide in behind the wheel and accidentally hit the brake pedal, or if you went to push it in but pumped to get better purchase, doesn't that disengage Hold as normal operation?
What bothers me is such a simple thing negates his whole argument that "it happened all by itself". Far more likely that he pressed twice, I think. Every test he did afterwards was with Hold mode deactivated.
I have watched his video at 4:00 many times and his entire argument hinges on only touching the pedal once. And it saves to your profile...
P.94 of the manual (emphasis mine):
I am new to this vehicle and seek input from the collective wisdom here.
He said he stopped in to rent skis. He returned to his car which is on a slope in Hold mode. He put his foot on the brake to Start and then shifted into Reverse, but rolled forward.
But, if you slide in behind the wheel and accidentally hit the brake pedal, or if you went to push it in but pumped to get better purchase, doesn't that disengage Hold as normal operation?
What bothers me is such a simple thing negates his whole argument that "it happened all by itself". Far more likely that he pressed twice, I think. Every test he did afterwards was with Hold mode deactivated.
I have watched his video at 4:00 many times and his entire argument hinges on only touching the pedal once.
P.94 of the manual (emphasis mine):
Last edited: