Help me understand: Engineering Explained Hold issue

I just tried this. The manual is wrong.

If you open the door, it goes into Park. Once it is in park, the brake and accelerator pedal do nothing.

If I am in hold, depressing and releasing the brake also does nothing.
Awesome! I truly apologize for the time and thought, but I live to learn.
I appreciate all helping to lay this to rest.
 
I found out that open door, into park thing while stopped at a traffic light in heavy traffic. I was fidgeting, and accidentally cracked the door open and inch or so, and quickly closed it. When the light turned green, I thought the car had died. Took me a minute to figure out that it was in park. Fortunately, I was in Scottsdale, where everybody stopped at a light is just looking at their phones, so nobody even noticed. Probably could have stayed like that for ten minutes.
 
Awesome! I truly apologize for the time and thought, but I live to learn.
I appreciate all helping to lay this to rest.
Nothing to apologize for! It was an interesting thought
 
It was on an incline, makes sense why it rolled when he took his foot off the brake.
 
Back
Top