Hello!

chazglenn3

Reaction score
Cars
2024 Polestar 2
New member here! I currently have a 2024 Polestar 2 Performance and I love the car. However, I came from a history of 8 Cadillacs and miss the large sedan. I started thinking about the Lucid Air as my next car and decided to join the forum and learn all I can about the cars!

New member here! I currently have a 2024 Polestar 2 Performance and I love the car. However, I came from a history of 8 Cadillacs and miss the large sedan. I started thinking about the Lucid Air as my next car and decided to join the forum and learn all I can about the cars!
There are a lot of Lucid Air reviews and information about this relatively new entry to the electric vehicle market.

One of the more comprehensive reviews is attached to the link below:

This forum has a wealth of information and perspectives from Lucid Air buyers with an abundance of real world experience.

I think you'll love it! But I'm biased 😂
If I may so bold as to give unsolicited advice, schedule a test drive. The Lucid sales reps are not pushy and you'll enjoy it. If you are too uncomfortable, show up to a local Lucid and Latte event.

Welcome aboard, I drove the Polestar 2 for 6 months before jumping into my Lucid Air Touring; Here are my observations as a comparison;

1. Polestar 2 is based on the XC40 platform short wheelbase; The lucid will feel a lot more grounded because of the longer wheel base. The suspension on the Polestore 2 while adequate is a lot more jumpier when you drive through with potholes and uneven road surfaces. Driving the same roads, I found the Lucid Air more able to absorb the bumps and road imperfections by a factor of 50 percent from my biased perspective.

2. Creep mode: While I thought the Polestars creep mode did a fantastic job in city traffic, the Lucid offer better cusomization between roll or stop & roll

3. Range: I found the Polestar 2 notorious in underperforming in range in city driving from the stated 270 closer to 200 miles. Lucid was much closer to the stated range.

4. Charging: On a DC Fast Charger Polestar is rated at 150kw, while the Lucid is rated at 350kw therefore there charging will be a breeze on the Lucid when utilizing DC Fast charging.

5. Interior Cabin; Naturally the interior dimensions are no comparison however some small points I noticed; cleaning the Lucid is a lot easier and more forgiving becuase of the materials used, specifically when you look at the material below the floor mats up to the rear seats.

6. User interface: Polestar has a simple easy to utilize interface, yet I was frustrated at its lack of options. The polestar app was similar in that it gave me just the basics. Security wise; Lucid wanted all my documentation before they could transfer ownership. The polestar app was a matter of putting in a vin and being close the the car.

7. Drive modes: Lucid offers you the ability to customize from Smooth to Swift or Sprint; each mode has its own characteristics and offers an enjoyable experience to learn the cars capabilities. The Polestar 2 while having insane torque was at the discretion of your foot of how smooth or aggressive you want it to be. Now that I understand what the Lucid can do I can rest easy in knowing which mode I am in through the glass cockpit with the computer giving me the amounts of accelleration I will need based on the setting. This feature is helpful to keep your range in check. On this note; I have driven all variants of the Polestar 2; and still find them a bit underwhelming.

8. Frunk: clear winner lucid; Trunk: Polestar by a narrow margin

9. Curb appeal: I got a lot of good looks from my Polestar, no doubt about it. With the Lucid, I get more of star struck gaze that lasts for a little more a person may be comfortable with. Needless to say; the Lucid has presence that is powerful and understated, while the Polestar is craving acknowledgement (again this is my opinion)

10. Safety features; There isn’t much to add beyond what is stated except for I feel much safer because of the onboard systems that present multiple warnings of blind spot or close proximity, The 360 surround view is a lot more helpful. My caveat is that there is a lot of good information being presented, and it will take you a good week to absorb it all so that it becomes a part of your driving regimen.

11. OTA Updates: Lucid has a proactive team that is releasing important updates on a regular basis; I found the Polestar updates vague at best and the only observable difference was selling more of your private info to Uncle Google.

12. Fobs: Polestar has an old school style fob from Volvo that is tried and tested. The Lucid FOB is attractive and smooth, yet finicky at times. Battery life on the Polestar is more reasonable. The mobile key from your iphone does a cleaner job; yet I found it unresponsive without cell service.

13. Soundsystem: I have an Air Touring with the standard sound system which I found had a good sound presentation, with some flaws if you push to its limits. Therefore I can’t speak for the Surround Sound Pro on Lucid. On the Polestar; I found both the standard and premium sound systems to be pretty good.

14. AC Airflow: Lucid design and placement of vents is far superiour. Vented cooled/heated seats along with heated stearing wheel makes you feel like old school luxury, the Polestar made me feel like Economy Premium at best.

15: Handling: Polestar is athletic and nimble: Lucid gives you that plus the characteristics of a Bentley.

16. Customer Service: Call Walmart then call Nordstrom, you catch my drift here. You get what you pay for.

Hope this helps you on your journey to True American made Luxury !

Thanks for the warm welcome! I would really like to test drive a Lucid Air, but for some stupid reason Washington state doesn't allow it. Same for Rivian. I have been looking for one on a used car lot to take for a drive. bassem, thank you so much for the comparison to the Polestar 2! Very informative!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I would really like to test drive a Lucid Air, but for some stupid reason Washington state doesn't allow it. Same for Rivian. I have been looking for one on a used car lot to take for a drive. bassem, thank you so much for the comparison to the Polestar 2! Very informative!
Are there any on Turo around you? Some Enterprise car rentals also have Lucids now.

Hello and Welcome! 🙏

The car is simply amazing….the drive, build quality, premium feel, cabin roominess, range, and road presence is above all. Software and features are pretty much good and improving with regular robust updates.

You know, I didn't think to look on Turo. Kinda doubt it though. I'll look at Enterprise too. Thanks for the suggestions!

My wife has the Polestar 2's sister car - Volvo's XC40 EV. It's great for what it is, but Lucid's cars are in another league, in luxury, driving comfort, power and handling, and range and efficiency.
The only thing her Volvo has over my Air is native Google Maps and voice assistant, which are extremely complete, accurate, and reliable compared to Lucid's navigation maps and Alexa. If you have an iPhone, you can always use CarPlay in the Lucid with Siri and your own choice of navigation app to get around this.

I did find one on the local Turo. 2022 Grand Touring. Nice car. I will keep it in mind.

Fellow Puget Sound area P2 owner also. Looking at '25 Pure. Ran into same issues as you in regards to test driving. An option for short test drive is Electrify Expo on 9/14 &9/15 at UW. I have confirmed thru Lucid that they will have cars to drive but thru Electrify Expo sub contractor so that can't be accused by state of selling vehicles directly. Based on drives at Electrify Expo last year they run around a short course that lasts about 5 minutes.

Good to know! I was already planning to attend, so this will be icing on the cake!

Just got email from Lucid that Gravity prototype will be at Seattle Electrify Expo 9/14 & 9/15. Also preview event 9/13 from 5 to 8 pm at U-Village Studio. You will need join (RSVP) thru link in email to attend that preview. Also available to view at Seattle Studio from the 9/16 thru 9/22. Per Lucid disclaimer at end of email to stay in compliance with WA State law: *LUCID GRAVITY PROTOTYPE ON DISPLAY, NO ENTRY INTO THE VEHICLE WILL BE PERMITTED. Also reiterated earlier in email to stay in compliance; No Lucid vehicles will be for sale at Electrify Expo, and vehicle sales will not occur at Electrify Expo. WA state dealership laws making it personally hard to learn whether a new Lucid is a car for you. Helps illustrate why I definitely see very few Lucid Air's (3) compared to Polestar's ( dozens) and even Fisker's (6) in the wild in my travels in WA.

Welcome! If you do get a Lucid Air, I think you'll be very happy!

Back