Hello from Seattle! Little anxious for road trips.

PlenipotentSS

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT, Quantum Gray 19"
Received my grand touring October 20th. Came from a Tesla model 3 performance and haven’t looked back! Sometimes I miss the autopilot features, but not nearly enough to actually miss the Tesla =).

Been enjoying the drives around Seattle and will be doing my first road trip this weekend! Just in time for the car to receive 2.0 upgrades.

My biggest concern is using the electrify America chargers, since I’ve heard very mixed reviews. Especially concerned with possibly frying the 12v. I’m hoping it’s not the case, but really the only concern I’ve had =).

Anyone else had these fears?

Haha exactly! Tomorrow will be the first time using electrify America’s network. I’m just hoping I don’t get stranded (especially with a 4 year old)!

@borski said they have a 2.0 version of the wunderbox which supposedly fixes the 12v failures. you probably have that since you picked it up two weeks ago.

Haha exactly! Tomorrow will be the first time using electrify America’s network. I’m just hoping I don’t get stranded (especially with a 4 year old)!
I would take the car to an EA station near you and try charging the first time to make sure your account is set. I've read of issues getting that first charge then it's usually good. Finalized my Touring so I'll be doing that before any non local trips :)

The number of times it has succeeded for me far outweighs the number of times it has failed. Sometimes you may need to move to a different charger if one is not working. Things are definitely getting better. Get out there and drive the car!

I would take the car to an EA station near you and try charging the first time to make sure your account is set. I've read of issues getting that first charge then it's usually good. Finalized my Touring so I'll be doing that before any non local trips :)
That’s a good idea! I’ll try to do that and make sure it’s good!

@borski said they have a 2.0 version of the wunderbox which supposedly fixes the 12v failures. you probably have that since you picked it up two weeks ago.
So, will the older cars be upgraded? Or only if we have a 12V failure?

Inquiring minds want to know! 🤣

I agree. More and greatly detailed information would be appreciated greatly. The so-called “12V failure” with cars quickly “bricked” with little warning is the most serious of all the reported problems in the Lucid. If this problem has been resolved, the entire story would benefit Lucid, current owners, and potential future owners.

Despite the comment that this problem has been solved, we continue to see new reports. Therefore, @MoniputerLM question is valid or the reports of a solution are premature.

Not every car is going to have the issue. It isn’t a “ticking time bomb” so to speak; only some cars *may* have the issue and there isn’t a recall or anything as it isn’t widespread or consistent.

I have no idea if there will eventually be a service bulletin for optional replacement.

At least with the latest software it gives you a 5 minute countdown to get off the highway. Also, once you reboot, it has seemed to work fine in every single case (including my own) where the HV battery fails. I actually drove it a half hour directly to Millbrae post-reboot, and they had a loaner already waiting.

So it’s not like it “bricks” the car, at least not anymore. But if it happens, the solution is a new HV battery and Wunderbox.

Not every car is going to have the issue. It isn’t a “ticking time bomb” so to speak; only some cars *may* have the issue and there isn’t a recall or anything as it isn’t widespread or consistent.

I have no idea if there will eventually be a service bulletin for optional replacement.

At least with the latest software it gives you a 5 minute countdown to get off the highway. Also, once you reboot, it has seemed to work fine in every single case (including my own) where the HV battery fails. I actually drove it a half hour directly to Millbrae post-reboot, and they had a loaner already waiting.

So it’s not like it “bricks” the car, at least not anymore. But if it happens, the solution is a new HV battery and Wunderbox.
Yeah. Should be as simple and replacing the wunderbox. Then I bet you would get an upgrade to 2.0 automatically.

Today, I received 2.0 upgrade. Where do you find the details of upgrade. When you click learn upgrade, nothing comes up.

Received my grand touring October 20th. Came from a Tesla model 3 performance and haven’t looked back! Sometimes I miss the autopilot features, but not nearly enough to actually miss the Tesla =).

Been enjoying the drives around Seattle and will be doing my first road trip this weekend! Just in time for the car to receive 2.0 upgrades.

My biggest concern is using the electrify America chargers, since I’ve heard very mixed reviews. Especially concerned with possibly frying the 12v. I’m hoping it’s not the case, but really the only concern I’ve had =).

Anyone else had these fears?
I have had no problem at all with the charging - if I can get to an open charger. It's finding one functioning that isn't in use that's the concern for me.

Today, I received 2.0 upgrade. Where do you find the details of upgrade. When you click learn upgrade, nothing comes up.
there's a delay. it takes a while but it does load a screen with the update notes. one time, i tapped it multiple times and it opened the browser 4 or 5 times.

Well it worked! I didn’t get the fast charging (probably because I forgot to precondition), but car didn’t fail!

Great trip so far and definitely getting all the miles as promised! =D

Back