Hello from Bainbridge Island, WA

TimB

Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
I picked up my GT about 3 weeks ago(Zenith Red, Mojave, 21”) and it has been a whole new driving experience for me. Its my first EV so I am getting used to many features that Tesla owners and other high end owners are probably already familiar with- its a fun learning curve.

I think some of the software has a ways to go, I’ve had to do a hard reset after a seat belt chime that would not turn off, and have had some strange occurrences where the car stops as if I’m about to hit something when nothing is there- once just as I was halfway out into traffic- pretty scary. It’s a new company and we are all beta testers voting ”with our feet” (and wallets) so I’m willing to go along, ahem, “for the ride” :) - but dammit I wish the music software was easier to operate! :) I haven’t seen it mentioned in the music apps discussion, but I understand that since Amazon got the first shot at voice activation with Alexa, they included amazon prime as a built in app: it is constantly available- if you request Alexa to play specific requests, those requests will generate music files that are played at roughly three to four times the mp3 density/quality of the other apps. But in the end, I am reduced to just using the old school bluetooth option and controlling everything from my phone because I find the car’s menus to be a little clunky and unresponsive. Oh well, give it a few months. Hoping Siri comes online pretty soon.

I only discovered this forum about a week ago and have learned a lot-thanks everyone for the discussions and thoughtful answers.

I picked up my GT about 3 weeks ago(Zenith Red, Mojave, 21”) and it has been a whole new driving experience for me. Its my first EV so I am getting used to many features that Tesla owners and other high end owners are probably already familiar with- its a fun learning curve.

I think some of the software has a ways to go, I’ve had to do a hard reset after a seat belt chime that would not turn off, and have had some strange occurrences where the car stops as if I’m about to hit something when nothing is there- once just as I was halfway out into traffic- pretty scary. It’s a new company and we are all beta testers voting ”with our feet” (and wallets) so I’m willing to go along, ahem, “for the ride” :) - but dammit I wish the music software was easier to operate! :) I haven’t seen it mentioned in the music apps discussion, but I understand that since Amazon got the first shot at voice activation with Alexa, they included amazon prime as a built in app: it is constantly available- if you request Alexa to play specific requests, those requests will generate music files that are played at roughly three to four times the mp3 density/quality of the other apps. But in the end, I am reduced to just using the old school bluetooth option and controlling everything from my phone because I find the car’s menus to be a little clunky and unresponsive. Oh well, give it a few months. Hoping Siri comes online pretty soon.

I only discovered this forum about a week ago and have learned a lot-thanks everyone for the discussions and thoughtful answers.
Haha you’re fortunate your Bluetooth works, mine will only play streaming audio off my phone maybe every 10th try (Lucid is aware, planning to address it in future OTA). With your car stopping like that though, turn off the cross traffic auto-braking in settings, it was stopping me from backing out of my driveway! Now I just drive myself and use the cameras and I’m happy and whiplash free again.

Haha you’re fortunate your Bluetooth works, mine will only play streaming audio off my phone maybe every 10th try (Lucid is aware, planning to address it in future OTA). With your car stopping like that though, turn off the cross traffic auto-braking in settings, it was stopping me from backing out of my driveway! Now I just drive myself and use the cameras and I’m happy and whiplash free again.
Great idea, thanks!

Great idea, thanks!
If you download the Alexa app, you can specify which service to use for Alexa music requests - I have mine set to Tidal and it sounds fantastic.

Welcome!

Congrats on your delivery. We’re in tge same situation. First EV, big learn8ng curve. But we’re reading everything we can get our hands on and have talked with nearby friends who took delivery last month. They have been like a textbook with all their info. We have friends on Bainbridge who we will be visiting in Sep. maybe we’ll see you on the road!

Back