Gravity will be equipped with a NACS charging connector in 2025

Next up: news on the other two parts of the story - software access to the charging network, and max charge rate when connected.

Next up: news on the other two parts of the story - software access to the charging network, and max charge rate when connected.
As of now, it seems the answers to these 2 questions are none and nominal.
But I sincerely hope the state of things will improve. Can't get worse than currently.

In the teaser clip for tomorrow's installment in the "Road to Gravity" series, three of the Gravity shells going through the paint shop have a charging port at the front of the car, two have charging ports at both the front and the back, and none has one only at the back.

I wonder how late in the game they made the decision to go with a NACS charging port at the back. I listened to an episode of the "Batteries Included" podcast where the hosts all said that last week's NACS announcement was a given, old news. But the pre-production release candidates make it seem like that was not the case.

In the teaser clip for tomorrow's installment in the "Road to Gravity" series, three of the Gravity shells going through the paint shop have a charging port at the front of the car, two have charging ports at both the front and the back, and none has one only at the back.

I wonder how late in the game they made the decision to go with a NACS charging port at the back. I listened to an episode of the "Batteries Included" podcast where the hosts all said that last week's NACS announcement was a given, old news. But the pre-production release candidates make it seem like that was not the case.
Wow, that is an eagle eye, lol.

Wow, that is an eagle eye, lol.

Are you allowed to say where the charging port was on the Gravity that you rode in last week? From LeVar Burton's pictures, it looked as though it was at the front....

If the move to NACS was a last-minute decision, I'm wondering whether it will slow down production.

Is it possible it will have both? I would love it if this is the case.

Are you allowed to say where the charging port was on the Gravity that you rode in last week? From LeVar Burton's pictures, it looked as though it was at the front....

If the move to NACS was a last-minute decision, I'm wondering whether it will slow down production.
It depended on which prototype you were standing in front of.

The announcement also sounded ambiguous as to WHEN in 2025 or if the first deliveries would have a NACS port. Maybe I'm reading it too skeptically. The charging standard uncertainty bugs me. Makes me want to lease non-Tesla cars till things settle.

Back