All Tech Package sold, guess SA is selling to walk ins this weekend
Thanks for the clarification. I was mistaken as I thought the power were for outlets and Tech for HUD. Didn’t realize Tech had both.Power Package and Tech Package are different versions of the same and not available together, so I think it is showing you cars with Power OR Tech. In your case, you are seeing ones with Power and not Tech.
Originally they just had the tech package but enough people complained they wanted the outlets without the HUD that they added the power package later.Thanks for the clarification. I was mistaken as I thought the power were for outlets and Tech for HUD. Didn’t realize Tech had both.
Actually back in April, Lucid announced that due to supply chain issues with HUD availability, they were only putting the Tech in Dream Edition. People complained and Lucid split the Power out as a separate option and then added the Tech back into order page but with a “Fall Availability” note.Originally they just had the tech package but enough people complained they wanted the outlets without the HUD that they added the power package later.
I don’t think that’s exactly what happened. I think when they delayed HUD, it delayed outlets. People then said, and Lucid realized, they could offer the outlets without HUD and folks would be happy still.Originally they just had the tech package but enough people complained they wanted the outlets without the HUD that they added the power package later.
Meanwhile a new one just popped up Aurora with Tech but 5 seat, upper mid spec. A shame that they did not combine these into a single fully loaded with Tech GGT that probably matches over 100 order holders who have been waiting many months.So the 125k Aurora finally got snatched up... Vehicles are still moving, love to see it.
There’s a reason for that though I really do think they’re building what they can, when they can. Otherwise, it’s absurd to see a fully loaded car with base dream drive. For example. Or a low pried spec with dynamic handling and surround sound pro. Random examples, but the choices have often been odd.Meanwhile a new one just popped up Aurora with Tech but 5 seat, upper mid spec. A shame that they did not combine these into a single fully loaded with Tech GGT that probably matches over 100 order holders who have been waiting many months.
Yeah, I understand the somewhat random, build what you have in batch’s approach. I would just hope that with regard to the very limited supply of HUD’s that they would be a little more purposeful.There’s a reason for that though I really do think they’re building what they can, when they can. Otherwise, it’s absurd to see a fully loaded car with base dream drive. For example. Or a low pried spec with dynamic handling and surround sound pro. Random examples, but the choices have often been odd.
It’s not entirely by choice; if you read Marc’s recent interview, he indicates a lot of the issues they’ve faced with China, the current political climate and tariffs, parts (and magnet) shortages, etc.I have to wonder if this system of releasing "orphaned" vehicles was the best way for Lucid. I mean, I feel like a TON of customers are flexing on what they really wanted only because Lucid can't give us definitive build dates on custom orders. So for a company with "No compromise" slogan used regularly, they sure are having a ton of customers with "compromised orders." Perhaps not a bad thing but I know the car I'm getting in 2 weeks is not the exact one I wanted & configured 5 months ago.
So I compromised...since I had no idea when I'd get the one I wanted. Not saying I'm unhappy about it, but just wonder if there are a ton of people that got 95% what they wanted and if I had just stuck with my custom order, would I have gotten it by now rather than chasing orphans?! My SA even said "good question" but of course, couldn't answer it as we went orphan-hunting months ago and bypassed my initial custom order.
not meaning to contradict, just sharing what i was specifically told on the topic from a mid-level manager (not sure what they are called that oversee multiple studio locations).There’s a reason for that though I really do think they’re building what they can, when they can. Otherwise, it’s absurd to see a fully loaded car with base dream drive. For example. Or a low pried spec with dynamic handling and surround sound pro. Random examples, but the choices have often been odd.
So interesting. Some of those configs are SO crazy though. Also, speaking of contradict, that totally contradicts Nick Twork’s public comment.not meaning to contradict, just sharing what i was specifically told on the topic from a mid-level manager (not sure what they are called that oversee multiple studio locations).
He specifically stated that all inventory vehicles are from cancelled orders and that orders that are cancelled from deposit are considered a cancel and once they start pre-production work, its included in that list. Any vehicle that was switched out(one inventory vehicle to replace a future production vehicle) would be included.
I can confirm one of my cancelled Gravity went back into the "Available" inventory online - had to contact my SA to place that Gravity on "Service Hold" so they can delist it onlinenot meaning to contradict, just sharing what i was specifically told on the topic from a mid-level manager (not sure what they are called that oversee multiple studio locations).
He specifically stated that all inventory vehicles are from cancelled orders and that orders that are cancelled from deposit are considered a cancel and once they start pre-production work, its included in that list. Any vehicle that was switched out(one inventory vehicle to replace a future production vehicle) would be included.
Dont doubt your conclusion at all, seems to make the most sense to me as well. The topic that raised the conversation was challenging why there were so many vehicles(by my calcs it was about a dozen or so) that passed thru available inventory that had the specs that either matched all but 1 or were perfect matches, prior to end of quarter. But honestly, if the logic isnt there to notify those that ordered, first, then i def dont expect SAs to have the time to do it. If they have SAs sitting around with that kind of time, i have major concerns about their viability long term.So interesting. Some of those configs are SO crazy though. Also, speaking of contradict, that totally contradicts Nick Twork’s public comment.
It’s not realistic to build every car to match an order unless you’re Ferrari or whatever. Defeats the purpose of a lot of the efficiencies they want to have in an assembly line.
So, as with most things, I think the truth is somewhere between what Nick Twork said and others. Some of these are absolutely cancellations, but I expect those are the loaded ones.
Yes, their website and filter tools for available cars (Airs too) leaves something to be desired.Dont doubt your conclusion at all, seems to make the most sense to me as well. The topic that raised the conversation was challenging why there were so many vehicles(by my calcs it was about a dozen or so) that passed thru available inventory that had the specs that either matched all but 1 or were perfect matches, prior to end of quarter. But honestly, if the logic isnt there to notify those that ordered, first, then i def dont expect SAs to have the time to do it. If they have SAs sitting around with that kind of time, i have major concerns about their viability long term.
I know you stated you believed that it was to meet numbers, quicker to sell local than match and ship. So who knows what is truly going on....And at this point im not sure it matters to me, because i honestly dont expect a major change inventory before i have mine finished.
I am currently in an email chain with that manager regarding some bug bounties i wanted to submit, specifically to do with several web pages, one of which is the available inventory page(which i was told was just released as first version publicly mid September, so may have some bugs that do need to still be addressed). So i know there are challenges with how they built this page with react. The queries arent quite right and UX isnt very good. (like F5 changing your options back to default page load on refresh)