Gravity Vehicles Available Online

I think you misunderstood my statement. When the site first went live Nick Twork posted on X:


My point is that they seem to have made many more of these than he was implying and at this point it's starting to look like more of these were made than actual customer orders. If it was parts constraints then why are there none that have a particular option missing (other than the HUD being more rare)? Right now there are over 60 cars listed on there, if they'd used the parts on some of those ones with pretty bad specs to fill out specs on other cars they'd have likely filled more orders for people waiting.

Just from looking at the Lucid Flys flyovers and how many cars were in the lots there these have to have been at least half of what they made, I'd guess it's even more honestly.
Take a close look but I see a build just like yours on the GGT tracker available
 
And yet there have been more than one car on the site that exactly match my order. One of them was going to Costa Mesa, exactly where I'm getting mine and it sold before I was able to check out with it. You say there's no reasonable explanation why they would sell those cars that could go to a reservation holder, we agree on that part at least I guess. Where you lose me is stating definitively that they're not doing it.

There are absolutely cars on that site that are matching people's orders that could have gone to them. They using a manual process to match cars to people that aren't their specific batch number/VIN for their order which is just dumb.
Is it in Lucid’s best interest to match with a current reservation holder (who may or may not be able to close by 9/30) or just sell it quickly before 9/30 if they can? It’s the latter. And no one has a way to prove, or disprove, their intent. But - it IS a business.

Also, as has been said, yes, some are definitely orphans, but many, many have some “key” spec missing like dynamic handling, surreal sound pro, etc that most folks on here want. Most of these cars aren’t fully loaded (and I am excluding tech as those are clearly orphans, to me). Like DD2Pro but no SS Pro seems like a weird spec to me.

Look - no one will ever know. But I do know for SURE it’s best for Lucid to deliver as many cars as possible- both Air and Gravity - as possible by 9/30. They have to show growth and demand.

All that said, I do agree Nick Twork’s initial post looks to be not the whole truth, but who knows. He made it sound as if there would be “a few”. There are 67 on there now. Not counting the last week.
 
And yet there have been more than one car on the site that exactly match my order. One of them was going to Costa Mesa, exactly where I'm getting mine and it sold before I was able to check out with it. You say there's no reasonable explanation why they would sell those cars that could go to a reservation holder, we agree on that part at least I guess. Where you lose me is stating definitively that they're not doing it.

There are absolutely cars on that site that are matching people's orders that could have gone to them. They using a manual process to match cars to people that aren't their specific batch number/VIN for their order which is just dumb.
I secured an available GGT Quantum because my Black is still in "limbo" with no delivery date.
The Quantum became available because the reservation owner said "timing" was too early; it was quicker for Lucid to release it in available inventory & sell it in 30 mins rather than "match" a RSVP holder. Now I am debating if want to pay the $2k transport fee
 
You say there's no reasonable explanation why they would sell those cars that could go to a reservation holder, we agree on that part at least I guess.
To be fair, there is one possibly reasonable explanation: they could make a mistake.
 
Back to square one, the available Quantum was damaged by the transport driver. At New Jersey body shop for repair specifically bumper and quarter panel removal and replacement.
Not sure if Lucid will release back to available inventory or wait for repair completion.
 
Saw 46 gravities available on the website last night. Now it's down to 12. It seems like people picking these up fast.
 
I see 45. Make sure you don’t have a filter on.

The ones that seem to hang around longest are the <$100k ones that are quite basic.
 
The first couple bronze ones that I've seen. The site doesn't even have a filter for bronze but there's some there.
 
One annoying thing I've noticed about the available vehicle sites today, if you refresh it automatically turns on the "available now" filter every time. It used to remember what filters you had on but now that toggles back on no matter what.
 
Not to rub it in for those still looking, but 4 days after snagging one off the website to replace my original order from May, it’s in my driveway:
Did you previously own a Lucid? Did they give you the Loyalty Offer? Thanks. Have fun. I am loving my Gravity.
 
ohh man, bronze? I would have loved a bronze gravity. Maybe they are going to improve metrics for webpage visits....

The number of refreshes im sure that happen every day now, has to increased 10k fold
 
Back
Top