Gravity Software Wishlist 2026

View attachment 33792on Livenview : please do not restrict it to a battery state of charge. 20% seems too high. There's plenty of charge and range.

Shutting off Around 5% is ideal.
First, how about not limiting its use if vehicle is charging? That’s a primary use case for me (and others who use public charging).

That’s an interesting limit considering it will go much lower for “creature comfort”. I realize the latter could be a life/safety issue, but all the more reason to have a higher floor for its use.
 
Has anyone noticed that the heating doesn’t quite work as quickly ? I have a loaner Air and the AC works well.
The gravity fans kick in but the AC doesn’t heat up as quickly as the Air or the Model 3.

Perhaps it’s a heat pump thing ?
 
Has anyone noticed that the heating doesn’t quite work as quickly ? I have a loaner Air and the AC works well.
The gravity fans kick in but the AC doesn’t heat up as quickly as the Air or the Model 3.

Perhaps it’s a heat pump thing ?
Yeah….. it’s something I’ve added to the list for Lucid to look it. I mean, it works but something seems off. It can be 68 outside and car set to 75 and I feel more cool air than warm coming through.

I had to set it to 80 the other night briefly just to get some warm air into the car so the heater is definitely working just not how I would expect it to.
 
Yeah….. it’s something I’ve added to the list for Lucid to look it. I mean, it works but something seems off. It can be 68 outside and car set to 75 and I feel more cool air than warm coming through.

I had to set it to 80 the other night briefly just to get some warm air into the car so the heater is definitely working just not how I would expect it to.
I've just started bumping the temp up until it sends me warm air. Often that happens somewhere between 77 and 79.

The other thing I find odd is that when I remote heat the car via the app, I'll get warm air more quickly than when I just get in and start driving. And when I'm remote heating the car, then get in to back it out of the driveway, and then enable Keep mode, the heating system switches fan modes and I get a different temp air (usually colder) than I got when it was running off of the remote heat request moments before. Weird.
 
I've just started bumping the temp up until it sends me warm air. Often that happens somewhere between 77 and 79.

The other thing I find odd is that when I remote heat the car via the app, I'll get warm air more quickly than when I just get in and start driving. And when I'm remote heating the car, then get in to back it out of the driveway, and then enable Keep mode, the heating system switches fan modes and I get a different temp air (usually colder) than I got when it was running off of the remote heat request moments before. Weird.
I had it on 78 last night to get it to a "comfortable" warmth in the car. When the temp is 78 in my house, it's uncomfortable and I'm wanting to put the AC on so something definitely seems off in the Gravity. In all the previous cars I've owned (including the Air) I've never had the heat set higher than 72 to 74 before it becomes uncomfortable. I'm going to test turning off the AC manually to see if that helps out.
 
The other thing I find odd is that when I remote heat the car via the app, I'll get warm air more quickly than when I just get in and start driving. And when I'm remote heating the car, then get in to back it out of the driveway, and then enable Keep mode, the heating system switches fan modes and I get a different temp air (usually colder) than I got when it was running off of the remote heat request moments before. Weird.

Yeah - this is SO weird.

I had it on 78 last night to get it to a "comfortable" warmth in the car. When the temp is 78 in my house, it's uncomfortable and I'm wanting to put the AC on so something definitely seems off in the Gravity. In all the previous cars I've owned (including the Air) I've never had the heat set higher than 72 to 74 before it becomes uncomfortable. I'm going to test turning off the AC manually to see if that helps out.

Something is definitely off. I asked my SC to look into to since my car's still in the shop to get front drive unit swapped - they mentioned it is possible the lack of heating is tied to the drive unit (not quite sure how).

Winter is coming (Siri, insert GoT meme here) - and I cant deal with a cold car. The remote heat / start hasn't worked for me at all in the 5 days Ive had the car, so eager to test it more with the new drive unit Monday.


Anyone else with heating issues ?
 
Anyone else with heating issues ?
There’s a handful of owners who have popped up over the last few days saying something is off with the heating.
 
Yes, I can confirm the same experience as others here. It certainly feels like a software deficiency, like the sensor data / response action loop is not tuned. Manual intervention is needed to crank up the heat quickly, then go back to normal.
I bet it’s trying to optimize for energy efficiency by selecting the motor heat, which isn’t there yet when car is parked, when you crank the target temp it fires up the wasteful heater.
 
Had an Air loaner while my Gravity was in service and so my top two wishlist is

1. Tap to Creep
2. CarPlay
 
CarPlay can’t get here soon enough.

My loaner Air is a different (positive) experience with CarPlay.
 
There’s a handful of owners who have popped up over the last few days saying something is off with the heating.
While we're talking about the the need for improvement in comfort and convenience features, I'll cast a vote for increasing the sensitivity of the automatic wipers. I've had to bail on the automatic setting and select the second-highest interval setting to keep my windshield clear in moderate rain, several times.
 
While we're talking about the the need for improvement in comfort and convenience features, I'll cast a vote for increasing the sensitivity of the automatic wipers. I've had to bail on the automatic setting and select the second-highest interval setting to keep my windshield clear in moderate rain, several times.

You know, I was lamenting the decline in usability of automatic wipers recently. The first cars I had with them they worked great but all of the recent vehicles I've owned/driven and used the setting they were terrible. Tesla especially so but we had a brand new Nissan Pathfinder (under 1k mi when we picked it up at the airport) rental on a trip to Florida earlier this year when it rained a few days and the auto wipers were basically useless.
 
You know, I was lamenting the decline in usability of automatic wipers recently. The first cars I had with them they worked great but all of the recent vehicles I've owned/driven and used the setting they were terrible. Tesla especially so but we had a brand new Nissan Pathfinder (under 1k mi when we picked it up at the airport) rental on a trip to Florida earlier this year when it rained a few days and the auto wipers were basically useless.
I don't know why automakers don't just plan for making them a little too sensitive. Too sensitive = squeaky wipers. Not sensitive enough = dangerous.
 
I don't know why automakers don't just plan for making them a little too sensitive. Too sensitive = squeaky wipers. Not sensitive enough = dangerous.
Agreed, this should be the way.

That said, my Cadillac Lyriq automatic wipers are great so far, as well as our ancient Mercedes GLC300. Gravity's automatic wiper detection is definitely on the subpar side.
 
Wish list:

Allow me to set the final seat position when exiting the vehicle.

I'm tall and sit far back at baseline so when it goes to exit mode it moves all the way back and sort of smooshes my kid sitting in behind me in a car seat.
 
Yeah - this is SO weird.



Something is definitely off. I asked my SC to look into to since my car's still in the shop to get front drive unit swapped - they mentioned it is possible the lack of heating is tied to the drive unit (not quite sure how).

Winter is coming (Siri, insert GoT meme here) - and I cant deal with a cold car. The remote heat / start hasn't worked for me at all in the 5 days Ive had the car, so eager to test it more with the new drive unit Monday.


Anyone else with heating issues ?
We have all the problems you do with the climate control system and I am dreading getting into the car when it is winter if this isn't fixed. When we get in the air is so cold and so strong that first thing I do is go to the climate control screen and try to figure out what is wrong. The Auto setting is never on for me as the driver and for fear of starting this back and forth again, the Auto buttons seem to have 3 settings when you first get in before the car has fully engaged/warmed up with all functions (black for on, and then 2 levels of grey) or the Auto won't stay on - something is off with the Auto button but I may not be able to pinpoint exactly. And I have to get the air adjusted before the software is fully engaged because it is so cold and strong. Why won't it keep the auto setting on? And I do have to have it warmer than any of my other cars to get to a comfortable temperature, although once it is warm, it is warm enough.

It is quality of life issues like this that aren't make or break and I assume they will get fixed at some point, but they do need to get them fixed.
 
Android Auto. My plan is to hold off on a Gravity purchase decision until I can operate google maps somehow in the car without taping my phone to the dash.
I waited 2.5 years for Android Auto to come to the Air, and don't plan to repeat that experience with Gravity.
 
I would like to see these additions for any future software updates

1) HUD - allow for selection for what the user would like to see
2) Add lane markings to HUD as an option
3) Add lane markings to the "standard" drive mode to present in the same way as they do for DD and Drive Assist
 
Dont add anything more until all current bugs are fixed would be the best way forward. Have the app wake the car consistently and the current basic functions of the car work as intended would be a blessing. Really thinking now that less is more specially if done perfectly
 
Dont add anything more until all current bugs are fixed would be the best way forward. Have the app wake the car consistently and the current basic functions of the car work as intended would be a blessing. Really thinking now that less is more specially if done perfectly
There are hopefully enough software engineers that these are separate teams, but... yeah, I would just like things like HVAC to work predictably (same temperature units for different zones, having driver zone active on entry, no arctic blast, etc) before CarPlay or AR-HUD features, although I would really like both those to be working. There's a big difference between having a feature missing and having a feature not working (or working intermittently!)
 
Back
Top