Gravity software updates

We have had our Gravity for about a week. What is the general range for the number of days it takes to send an update to all the cars? We are on 3.3.5 (although our app says 3.3.2) and haven't received a notice yet that the most recent update is available. Coming from a Tesla, I am used to there being no understandable rhyme or reason to who they sent the updates to and when. What should our expectations be for the Gravity? After how many days should we question why we don't have the update yet? I did notice my app had a separate update tab for the key fob. I did that, although it said the fob was updated almost instantly so our fob may have already been updated at the SC before we picked it up.
Been generally 4 weeks in between so far but occasionally we get some sooner. This has been the cadence thus far, but the car has only been out in full production for about 4-5 months. They are working really hard to squash some of the early bugs. Given that they pushed an update Wednesday and had to pull it back pretty quickly (we do not know why) I'd expect another update next week or the following week.
 
Been generally 4 weeks in between so far but occasionally we get some sooner. This has been the cadence thus far, but the car has only been out in full production for about 4-5 months. They are working really hard to squash some of the early bugs. Given that they pushed an update Wednesday and had to pull it back pretty quickly (we do not know why) I'd expect another update next week or the following week.
Thanks. I wasn't clear enough with my question. When an update is available, how many days does it take to push it out to all the vehicles so every vehicle is updated? I did read about 3.3.8 being halted after I posted this, so I know now I shouldn't be looking for that one.
 
Thanks. I wasn't clear enough with my question. When an update is available, how many days does it take to push it out to all the vehicles so every vehicle is updated? I did read about 3.3.8 being halted after I posted this, so I know now I shouldn't be looking for that one.
With the Gravity it seems quite quick at the moment, like a week. As more vehicles get on the road I assume it will become like the Air and take about 2 to 3 weeks to roll out to the entire fleet.
 
Thanks. I wasn't clear enough with my question. When an update is available, how many days does it take to push it out to all the vehicles so every vehicle is updated? I did read about 3.3.8 being halted after I posted this, so I know now I shouldn't be looking for that one.
In general, give it about a week. If you don’t have it after a week, bother CS to push it to you. If it’s to fix a really bad issue or something, especially on Gravity, give it a few days.

They are rolled out in batches, with no rhyme or reason as to who is in each batch (for the purposes here) and it seems pretty randomized each push. It may not be, of course, but from my vantage point it may as well be.
 
Anyone hear anything else about the new Gravity update rumored for tomorrow?
 
Anyone hear anything else about the new Gravity update rumored for tomorrow?
It’s a roll out…one day at a time
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3268.webp
    IMG_3268.webp
    45.4 KB · Views: 252
Wanted to see if notes are available prior to release. I recall release notes were shared here, prior to 3.3.20 release
 
Where are these rumors from and why do we think something is happening tomorrow?
Because one person took what a Service Center technician said to them as gospel. Even though its been proven time and time again that the Service Technicians aren’t really in the know.
 
Because one person took what a Service Center technician said to them as gospel. Even though its been proven time and time again that the Service Technicians aren’t really in the know.
Although, from what I've seen, they can't be as clueless as SA's

Whenever it rolls out, let's hope it's a meaningful improvement in user experience!
 
How do I have this forum stop emailing me to my regular email inbox. Can someone point me to the settings necessary thank you.
 
Man oh man they really need to come out with a super stable bug squashing update this week. It’s starting to get long in the tooth that random issues keep popping up for all of us. On the way to work today, drop off some return packages, get back in the car and the vehicle hold does not work. Never had this issue before. The car will roll backwards if I don’t hold the brake at a stoplight. I really love driving the thing but it is insane that there is at least a 50/50 chance something doesn’t work OR you have a new issue that you’ve never had come up. Mass market is not going to put up with this nonsense.
 
Heard from the service team today that update should come today.
 
Back
Top