Gravity Software Past, Present, and Future Interview w/ Emad Dlala

I thought the same. Things are way more stable now, but I still get the same errors (including cameras' responsiveness), just less frequently. He probably misspoke, but he shouldn't had been so definitive in his statement.
I think he's under great pressure to paint things in a positive light, and I don't say that with any disrespect to him. The head of engineering can hardly publicly say "hey, maybe wait a quarter before buying if you have a low tolerance for bugs".
 
They did. It was a bad idea in Air for many reasons, so they don't anymore. v1 used hypervisors. v2 does not.

At least when it shipped, as I remember Air used a hypervisor on the instrument cluster computer… It was running QNX, and also a small Linux kernel to do audio mixing, if I remember correctly.

That has nothing to do with V1 versus V2… V2 was only the infotainment computer. I don’t think that the hypervisor was ever taken out of the cluster computer, but I could be wrong…
 
At least when it shipped, as I remember Air used a hypervisor on the instrument cluster computer… It was running QNX, and also a small Linux kernel to do audio mixing, if I remember correctly.

That has nothing to do with V1 versus V2… V2 was only the infotainment computer. I don’t think that the hypervisor was ever taken out of the cluster computer, but I could be wrong…
Thank you for the clarification; I meant v2 as in software release v2, not the CCC. But I defer to your knowledge on this.
 
Back
Top