Gravity Launch

Since when is the Gravity considered a crossover?
I have to agree that it looks like a crossover SUV. I would say the same for the Lexus RX. I don't think that there is a clear definition for cross-over but I don't think it is limited to bulbous SUVs like model X or Y. The real distinction in my mind is how comfortable would I be taking Gravity on forest service roads to trail heads and camp sites which I do frequently. I have no doubt about taking the R1S anywhere. While most people never take their SUVs off pavement, many people like to think that they will and that is the attraction. This is the advantage for Rivian. I have an R1S reservation and will most likely reserve a Gravity. The ability to do some light off-roading will weigh heavily in my decision along with interior space, range and charging speed that gravity will likely dominate.

A term that originated from North America, the term crossover was initially used for any vehicle that blends characteristics between two different kinds of vehicles while, over time, crossover mostly refers to unibody-based SUVs.[1][2] Crossovers are also described as "car-like SUVs" or "car-based SUVs".[3][4][5] The term SUV is often used as an umbrella term for both crossovers and traditional SUVs due to the similarities between them.[6]

Compared to traditional SUVs, crossovers are known to be less capable of use in off-road conditions or hauling heavy loads, while instead offering other advantages such as superior fuel economy and handling.[7] Compared to traditional cars with lower ride height and a lower roof such as sedans and hatchbacks, crossovers offer larger cabin space and enhanced driving position.[8]

FyKKBTLaMAQuL6N.jpeg

Saw this on Twitter and thought it was an interesting sketch

I hope not. It looks like the much and properly maligned BMW XM:

Yeah, it was a random fan drawing. I like seeing stuff like that because it can give you kind of an idea

Meanwhile, the last 3 sales on Carsandbids.com had brand new Rivian R1S models selling in the upper $80k range. Several of which had nice upgrades. I really hope that the Gravity isn’t launched at a time when there is a glut of EV SUVs.
I'm not seeing the problem here. The "release into glut" strategy worked so well with the Air!

Whenever they release, I hope they don't mess it up like the Lucid Air. there were many who were waiting and waiting for the Pure base model and got fed up and cancelled the reservation. Why can't they build all the base pure orders RIGHT NOW???? If you want, release 500 or whatever Gravity Dream editions, then flip to build on order model. Dont let the base buyers wait more than a year, or you will see a repeat of the mess they created with the Air. Also, release it with a 7 seat model from the getgo. Dont release the 5 seater and say 7 seater coming in 2 years! they need to improve their marketing and production to reflect what their customers want or they will run.

Also, dont rest on yopur laurels of having the best range, it doesn't work--good example the AIR!

Whenever they release, I hope they don't mess it up like the Lucid Air. there were many who were waiting and waiting for the Pure base model and got fed up and cancelled the reservation. Why can't they build all the base pure orders RIGHT NOW???? If you want, release 500 or whatever Gravity Dream editions, then flip to build on order model. Dont let the base buyers wait more than a year, or you will see a repeat of the mess they created with the Air. Also, release it with a 7 seat model from the getgo. Dont release the 5 seater and say 7 seater coming in 2 years! they need to improve their marketing and production to reflect what their customers want or they will run.

Also, dont rest on yopur laurels of having the best range, it doesn't work--good example the AIR!

It is better to have the Pure buyers run than the Dream and GT buyers run.

Build the top spec versions first. Hopefully the ramp up the second time around isn't as slow. They have experience now.

Build the top spec versions first. Hopefully the ramp up the second time around isn't as slow. They have experience now.
Yes, I still think higher variants should come first but the ramp up needs to be faster.

I hope it goes smoother, they should make sure these delays dont happen. I met a few who got fed up waiting 2 years for a base Pure and cancelled. Also, the delay makes you lose interest in the product.

Here's a crazy idea , lcid / PRaw - stop wasting time and effort on the Sapphire and focus 100% on the Gravity!

Here's a crazy idea , lcid / PRaw - stop wasting time and effort on the Sapphire and focus 100% on the Gravity!
A company can have multiple foci. One team is focusing on the finishing touches for the Sapphire. Abother, presumably much larger team is focusing on the Gravity. And yet another large team is still focused on improving the Air. Imagine that!

A crazy idea which is actually crazy.
Lucid can multitask. And they are doing a great job.
So, another forum member who knows how to run Lucid as a company. Peachy.

I hope they offer good trade-in deals for those of us AGT owners who would like a Gravity.
Sounds like a great idea, but in practice I doubt they will be able to do much since they would need to resell at a profit to make it viable. Hopefully they will extend current owners some type of incentive.

Back