Gravity GT Supernova Bronze deliveries

Looks a lot like the Eureka Gold of the Air Dream Editions. I wish the Gravity DE came in that color.



  • Eureka Gold
It definitely went gold in the late afternoon sun. My camera made it a little warmer than it actually looked. Definitely similar to the green. Not as dark bronze as the configurator makes it seem.
 
As of today, my order moved into Production stage, just 4 days after broadcast date. They even listed pickup location on the Lucid online account.
 
Got my VIN yesterday. So best guess is 3-4 weeks till delivery
 
What's your order date and is that 5 seater or 7 seater? I'm assuming supernova bronze.
supernova bronze, Oja interior 5 seater with all options. Went with the midsize wheel package. Order date was actually late February
 
supernova bronze, Oja interior 5 seater with all options. Went with the midsize wheel package. Order date was actually late February


Mine is also supernova bronze 5 seater and late February order. I think you and I are from the same batch and possibly cars are side by side on the assembly line.
 
I saw one sitting in the delivery lot at the Service Center in Chicago when I returned my car last Friday, so they are trickling in, I'd say 1 out of 12 gravities might be painted SuperNova.
 
Took delivery of a bronze yesterday. It’s not bad but still not my favorite color. Here are some rushed shots. Will try to get some with better lighting later.

IMG_1018.webpIMG_1020.webpIMG_1004.webpIMG_1003.webp
 
Took delivery of a bronze yesterday. It’s not bad but still not my favorite color. Here are some rushed shots. Will try to get some with better lighting later.

View attachment 33900View attachment 33901View attachment 33902View attachment 33903
Did they let you thoroughly examine the car and take a test drive, before signing off on the delivery? How long did the whole handover process take?

By the way - there are many auto paint shops out there, which for the right amount of money will remake the car into any color you like. If you fancy rose gold, or emerald teal and budget is not an issue they'll get it done in a week.
 
Handover process was 15 minutes but I let them know in advance I wanted it to be as quick as possible. Did a walk around to assure no major dings (rep alerted me to a small scratch on passenger mirror which she documented) but didn’t drive it before signing. Same thing when I took delivery of Air but that was nicer as they brought the vehicle to my home.

Duly noted on the paint shops ;)
 
Damn....15 min delivery for 6 figure vehicle. You got lots of trust in Lucid's manufacturing & QA. I plan to do a thorough check similar to this one: delivery day checklist
This isn't my list and doesn't match my configuration, but you get the idea. Expecting it to take hours, and include a test drive. Some features like adaptive cruise control, lane centering, highway assist, automatic ground clearance changes in Dynamic Handling Package, etc. cannot be tested while the car is stationary.
 
Did they let you thoroughly examine the car and take a test drive, before signing off on the delivery? How long did the whole handover process take?

By the way - there are many auto paint shops out there, which for the right amount of money will remake the car into any color you like. If you fancy rose gold, or emerald teal and budget is not an issue they'll get it done in a week.
There are even more people that will wrap your car in any imaginable color for a few thousand. And the in a couple of years you can change again! If you go to bring a trailer there is an Air GT wrapped in British racing green. It actually looks great
 
The chemical compound that is used to make this paint seems to be really affected by lighting conditions. It looks completely different color in covered garage than under the sun. I wonder if paint shops have more consistent (yet durable) paint options, where the car looks about the same under different lighting.
 
The chemical compound that is used to make this paint seems to be really affected by lighting conditions. It looks completely different color in covered garage than under the sun. I wonder if paint shops have more consistent (yet durable) paint options, where the car looks about the same under different lighting.
That's just a property of the paint's pigments when illuminated by light of different spectral properties. Artificial lighting may have a very low color rendering index (CRI) of 80 or less. A perfect imitation of daylight's spectrum would have a CRI of 100.

If the paint's pigments reflection spectra happened to align exactly with the spectra of the artificial illumination, and the illumination's color temperature was about 5500, the paint would look the same as under noon daylight.

In particular, garage lighting is usually optimized for low cost and illumination efficiency, rather than color accuracy. Home interior lighting, and in particular makeup lighting, is more often optimized for high accuracy (high CRI).
 
Last edited:
The chemical compound that is used to make this paint seems to be really affected by lighting conditions. It looks completely different color in covered garage than under the sun. I wonder if paint shops have more consistent (yet durable) paint options, where the car looks about the same under different lighting.
The Zenith Red for the Air is similar, looks everything from purple to red to black depending on the lighting. It’s pretty impressive.
 
I went and checked out a bronze in person today and really liked it. I'll definitely say the pictures online don't do it justice, and there's a big difference seeing it in clear, bright light in person. I was considering changing my order because of what I've read here and the pictures I've seen but I'm going to keep it.
 
Picking up my new ride this Wednesday. It was actually available to pick up since yesterday, but I wasn't, and it's been raining.
 
Back
Top