Gravity Delivery Discussion

Christmas came early. Lucid is doing lease pull-throughs this month, so I just placed an order for a white GGT in stealth on base wheels, fully loaded. Sad to say bye to the Air but excited for the Gravity!
Took delivery this past weekend of this 2027 MY. Very smooth experience and I'm happy with the car. I did a thorough inspection and there were no issues. A couple things that I wasn't expecting: (1) the dream drive button and x button need to be clicked in the center. You can't just click the side of the buttons. (2) The rear passenger display turns on and off, sometimes in ways that don't make a ton of sense (i.e. with rear passenger present without seat bealt). Overall, I'm pleasantly surprised. No software glitches, no build quality issues. I'm looking forward to PAAK and further enhanced DDPro2.
 
Oh and one other thing. The software isn't that intuitive coming from the Air. Took me a while to figure out how to change the music source (it's a small button with no label!) and couldn't figure out how to turn off the speed limit alert (it wasn't in the dream drive settings). They could definitely refine the experience a bit more, though I'm sure I'll get used to this all anyways.
 
Oh and one other thing. The software isn't that intuitive coming from the Air. Took me a while to figure out how to change the music source (it's a small button with no label!) and couldn't figure out how to turn off the speed limit alert (it wasn't in the dream drive settings). They could definitely refine the experience a bit more, though I'm sure I'll get used to this all anyways.
Yeah, there are a few UX choices that don't make a lot of sense, like the small icon to change the music source you mentioned. But for the most part it works well and you get used to it quickly.
 
Took delivery this past weekend of this 2027 MY. Very smooth experience and I'm happy with the car. I did a thorough inspection and there were no issues. A couple things that I wasn't expecting: (1) the dream drive button and x button need to be clicked in the center. You can't just click the side of the buttons. (2) The rear passenger display turns on and off, sometimes in ways that don't make a ton of sense (i.e. with rear passenger present without seat bealt). Overall, I'm pleasantly surprised. No software glitches, no build quality issues. I'm looking forward to PAAK and further enhanced DDPro2.
So the buttons are capacitive AND require a push/click. So you’ll find you need to find the exact place where Lucid wants you to touch and press. The left touch pad and right touch pad each actually have only one click/button each, so it’s really using finger placement to figure out what you want to do.

This was a big surprise a year ago when I got my Gravity. But you get used to it.
 
Hi, I have been lurking around here for a year, dithering about getting a Gravity. Canceled one order, but then finally took the plunge. Took delivery of a 2027 GT last Friday in Denver. Very smooth purchase experience! Haven’t had much time with it yet, but very happy so far. Getting ready for a road trip to New Mexico in a couple of weeks.
What do you guys do for emergency flat tire kits?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7549.webp
    IMG_7549.webp
    2.5 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_7557.webp
    IMG_7557.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I have the Modern Spare kit for the Gravity. I hope i never need it, but great peace of mind.
 
What do you guys do for emergency flat tire kits?
I have 21 and 22 inch setup and I've been thinking of getting a full size 21 spare.
I believe a 21 can be used as a spare in the rear, too, because, according to AI, the rolling diameter difference is only about 1.89% (0.59 inches), which is safely within the typical 5% tolerance for temporary spare usage and differential/stability control systems.
But I'm no tire expert and could be wrong on this.
 
An update on the spare tire situation.
I was told today by Lucid SC that for my 21 front-22 inch rear configuration, even an OEM 21 inch wouldn't work on the rear axle.
Apparently, someone recently had a flat rear tire and had local shop put on a 21 since they didn't have a 22 inch in stock.
This put the Gravity in limp mode and the car had to be towed in.
This info casts doubt on the suitability of the spares sold by Modern Spare, EZ Spare, and the like.
I wonder if anyone has actually successfully used these aftermarket spares on a Gravity.
I also asked whether the size of the canister for the Lucid Tire Kit is sufficient for the large Gravity tires.
(This is the same kit sold for the Lucid Air, which has much smaller tires)
Got no answer on this one.
 
Back
Top