Gravity Delivery Discussion

My GGT the HVAC system goes into high every time I get in. I toggle it off and on when I get in and everything seems to work fine. It was reported the day after my delivery and they didn’t find anything during my first service appointment. It going back in for the second time tomorrow for this and a growing list of issues. Hopefully this time they will address all the items. I put together a checklist for them. I was one of the first AirGT owners (2 actually), so I expected some issues. Getting stranded 50+ miles from home wasn’t ideal. I love the Gravity GT and I hope they can get all the issues resolved.
ours does this too with the HVAC. The auto setting does not come on and it blows icy air at high fan speed. Please let us know if this is something that service can resolve or if they say its a needed software update.
 
361 days after placing my Gravity order, it's finally mine (well, the leasing company's really, but whatever).

1762227954315.webp


Overall, the experience was a positive one, and I am very happy to have my GGT.
Nevertheless, there are some issues.

Delivery
  • Lucid does not have their act together wrt the purchase documents. Even 8 years ago when I got my last Tesla, the doc process was seamless and straightforward. With Lucid, it was never clear what the process was supposed to be. Emails from DocuSign didn't show up when expected and I was never confident that things were moving forward as they should. Many calls to my SA and the Studio manager were required. It all got done, but it was a bit fraught.
  • SC said they could not update the vehicle to 3.3.8, but I did get them to do an update from 3.3.2 to 3.3.5 prior to delivery.
  • I had issues with the keyfob not working at all after getting home, so I checked the keyfob firmware and it had not been updated as promised. I performed the OTA update using the app, and it seems to be working better now.
  • Everything that was supposed to be included was in the vehicle - adapters, Monroney sticker, hitch receiver, 2 keycards, 1 keyfob, 40A mobile charger (in a Lucid Air bag 🤨)
  • There are a few features documented in the manual (v12.2) that are not present despite my having a fully loaded vehicle (except for the third row):
    • Adaptive Drive Beam (p 142) - no settings to enable this
    • DD2 Pro Speed Limit Offset (p 131) - no settings to configure this
    • DD2 Pro Automatic Cruising Speed Update (p 131) - no settings to enable this
    • Does anyone have access to these capabilities? If so, what software revision are you on?
  • Purchased the roof sunshade at the SC and they installed it for me. Works and looks great.
  • Tire pressures were all about 5 psi too high.
  • HUD appears to be level, but a bit dim in the daytime.
  • All Lucid people involved (delivery rep, SC manager, etc.) were friendly and professional.
Problems
  • The AC blasting on entry problem everyone else is having
  • Rear steering failure warning on the drive home, cleared after a reboot
  • "Feature unavailable" message on Parking Features > Rear Parking Protection. (Need to talk to SC about this.)
  • Keyfob not working (see above)
  • Dashboard link for the manual sends you to the page you are already on.
First Impressions
  • Wow. What an amazing vehicle! Great ride, eye-watering acceleration, impressive handling. Everything you would want.
  • Route planning is a huge step forward over Air. Even better than Tesla in some ways (e.g., setting charge stop target SOC). Unlike Air, Supercharger stations are on the map.
  • Handling is so responsive, it will surprise you. Almost hit a curb with the right rear wheel on the way out. It rotates unexpectedly quickly. Driver needs to be calibrated ;)
  • I can see the entire cockpit display now! What a concept.
  • Audio system is good, but not quite as good as I hoped. Bass is still boomy.
  • Returning the middle seats to the upright position from folded takes considerably more effort than you expect.
 
Officially an owner. New wheels getting installed this weekend.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8189.webp
    IMG_8189.webp
    960.6 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_8190.webp
    IMG_8190.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 209
  • IMG_8025.webp
    IMG_8025.webp
    626.8 KB · Views: 201
Officially an owner. New wheels getting installed this weekend.
Sharp wheels!! My configuration looks like yours and I would REALLY like to get those wheels (sorry about you losing exclusivity!). Where did you get them? Any difference in mileage?
 
Sharp wheels!! My configuration looks like yours and I would REALLY like to get those wheels (sorry about you losing exclusivity!). Where did you get them? Any difference in mileage?
You should wait to see if they cause me install or drive problems before attempting to copy, they aren’t installed yet. They will be pushed out by 20/21 mm front to rear so efficiency should suffer, even though overall lower estimated wheel and tire weight may offset some of the extra drag.

I think the minivan look may disappear real quick.

Will update once they are on.
 
Oh man; you finally settled. It looks beautiful 😍. Can't wait to read your data. Congratulations!
I post more in my FB group, easier to share images and videos, and I expect to comment a lot…

 
You should wait to see if they cause me install or drive problems before attempting to copy, they aren’t installed yet. They will be pushed out by 20/21 mm front to rear so efficiency should suffer, even though overall lower estimated wheel and tire weight may offset some of the extra drag.

I think the minivan look may disappear real quick.

Will update once they are on.
Thanks much! What's your Facebook page so that I can stay abreast of your experience?
 
Officially an owner. New wheels getting installed this weekend.
My estimated production week was pushed further out.
It was 11/02/25-11/08/25 on mid-October.
It's now 12/28/25-01/03/26.
My only consolation is that Lucid will have worked out more of their production and assembly issues when mine is delivered.
Otherwise, the anticipation is killing me.
 
My estimated production week was pushed further out.
It was 11/02/25-11/08/25 on mid-October.
It's now 12/28/25-01/03/26.
My only consolation is that Lucid will have worked out more of their production and assembly issues when mine is delivered.
Otherwise, the anticipation is killing me.
Are they really still having trouble ramping production? Can't think of any other reason this might have happened.
 
My estimated production week was pushed further out.
It was 11/02/25-11/08/25 on mid-October.
It's now 12/28/25-01/03/26.
My only consolation is that Lucid will have worked out more of their production and assembly issues when mine is delivered.
Otherwise, the anticipation is killing me.
I noticed that you had previously stated that you modified your order to change color on 10/23/25. I am sure that is prime reason for your new delay.
 
I'm reposting this question in case it got lost in the post about my delivery.

Has anyone been able to enable the following features? They are all listed in the v12.2 user manual.
  • Adaptive Drive Beam (p 142)
  • DD2 Pro Speed Limit Offset (p 131)
  • DD2 Pro Automatic Cruising Speed Update (p 131)
 
I noticed that you had previously stated that you modified your order to change color on 10/23/25. I am sure that is prime reason for your new delay.
I've changed my config twice - one to upgrade to Surreal Sound Pro in early September, and once to change from Yosemite Purluxe Premium to Tahoe mid October. I'm now scheduled for production 1st week of December. Prior to my changes it was 3rd week of September.
 
I'm reposting this question in case it got lost in the post about my delivery.

Has anyone been able to enable the following features? They are all listed in the v12.2 user manual.
  • Adaptive Drive Beam (p 142)
  • DD2 Pro Speed Limit Offset (p 131)
  • DD2 Pro Automatic Cruising Speed Update (p 131)
I went to check this for you. I don't know where the adaptive drive beam is on the settings and the manual in the car doesn't have page numbers, but we do have the two DD2 Pro features enabled.
 
I noticed that you had previously stated that you modified your order to change color on 10/23/25. I am sure that is prime reason for your new delay.
You are probably correct. The SA said that wasn't so.
Unfortunately, from this forum, many SAs don't provide the most accurate info.
 
I'm reposting this question in case it got lost in the post about my delivery.

Has anyone been able to enable the following features? They are all listed in the v12.2 user manual.
  • Adaptive Drive Beam (p 142)
  • DD2 Pro Speed Limit Offset (p 131)
  • DD2 Pro Automatic Cruising Speed Update (p 131)
I am on 3.3.5 and can confirm seeing the options for speed offset based on speed limit posted and auto speed update. I have not tested yet.
 
Got delivery about 4 weeks ago, was impatient because my 3 month order wasn’t in production yet so I ended up getting an available car that had all my specs except it was platinum instead of stealth. Anyway just got it back from getting a chrome delete.
img_2972-webp.33973
IMG_2975.webp
img_2974-webp.33972
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2974.webp
    IMG_2974.webp
    718 KB · Views: 601
  • IMG_2972.webp
    IMG_2972.webp
    1,021.9 KB · Views: 984
I'm reposting this question in case it got lost in the post about my delivery.

Has anyone been able to enable the following features? They are all listed in the v12.2 user manual.
  • Adaptive Drive Beam (p 142)
  • DD2 Pro Speed Limit Offset (p 131)
  • DD2 Pro Automatic Cruising Speed Update (p 131)

Just wanted to point this out as well from the NA 12.2 owner's manual:
NOTE: This feature is available only in certain regions/countries with specific trims.

I've previously unlocked/coded matrix functionality on our Volvo XC90 and Audi SQ7 - I was looking forward to having matrix-like functionality out of the box when I ordered back in Nov 2024 (been in production for several weeks now) but I suppose we'll have to wait for this feature to be enabled.

I continue to see Adaptive Drive/Driving Beam listed as a feature under DreamDrive 2 Premium without any asterisks or caveats about region-specific functionality/limitations on the ordering site:

1762301257106.webp
 
I am on 3.3.5 and can confirm seeing the options for speed offset based on speed limit posted and auto speed update. I have not tested yet.
Very interesting. I am on 3.3.5 also and the settings are not present at all. Delivery rep confirmed that. Weird.
Could I trouble you to post photos of the settings on the screen? SC is telling me they are not enabled in software yet, which did not make any sense to me given they are documented in the user guide. Thx.
 
Back
Top