Gravity Delivery Discussion

This may have changed, but when my Air was delivered in 2022, one of the reps from Houston came with the delivery driver in a separate car and did the walkthrough. Again, not sure if they still do that or not.
That's how they delivered my GT in 22. It was driven into my garage by a tech from Newark. The car was actually delivered to the Las Vegas SC then he flew in to deliver. Costa Mesa sounded sure that it will be delivered by the truck driver, no Lucid rep.
My concern is not learning the car but what is the process if we decline delivery? Does he have to wait until we're done with the walk thru? If he drops off the car, it's been delivered and accepted when he leaves?
 
It appears that Gravity only shows you available SW update when the car is connected to the internet. At the delivery center and after I drove the car home yesterday, the iPhone app and the car all showed my SW version was 3.3.2 and it is up to date. This morning, I connected the car to my home WIFI and it immediately told me that there is a SW update available. Note that when I went through WIFI connection setup, it showed no known WIFI networks, which means that they DID NOT connect the car to the delivery center WIFI. I asked the delivery SA several times why the car is not on the latest SW, but he kept telling me that the SW is up to date. For folks who take delivery in New Jersey, please be aware of this and make sure they have the car updated fully before you take it home!
Isn't the car always connected to cellular network (AT&T)? Why can't it tell you a SW update is available and ask you to connect the car to WiFi to do the update?
Hi! I’m also in NJ and picked up my Gravity a few weeks ago. The car is supposed to connect to the cellular network, but for the past few days, whenever it’s not on Wi-Fi, the Lucid app shows “Vehicle is Offline.” The service center has no idea why. It’s been pretty frustrating. They’re sending a mobile service to my house on Monday to take a look.
 
Excellent, welcome to the family! Time to put some miles on it!
I just came back from southern California - finishing up our second road trip. I am at 3800 miles - AND - the key fob is still working! 3.3.5 and the fob software update seems to be way more solid. Sometimes I still have to shake the key - but it does work.
 
Two Questions for the forum:

1) I went to the beach today. It wasn't hot so I didn't turn on "creature comfort". Locked the car and went for a walk. About 40 minutes later I returned, unlocked the car, got in and it was already noticeably cool in there, like the A/C was continuously running. I mean, the few seconds between unlocking and getting in couldn't cool the car off. Once locked, shouldn't the A/C turn off?

2) I have the HUD with dynamic lighting. Tonight, in a dark garage, I was trying out sanctuary. As the lights on the passenger door waved towards the windshield and around to the drivers door, I noticed the area between the HUD and drivers door with no lights. Could someone with this setup please confirm if they have or do not have these lights?

Thanks /keith
1761439717527.webp
 

Attachments

  • 2025-10-25 Gravity Dynamic Lighting.MOV
    16.6 MB
Hi! I’m also in NJ and picked up my Gravity a few weeks ago. The car is supposed to connect to the cellular network, but for the past few days, whenever it’s not on Wi-Fi, the Lucid app shows “Vehicle is Offline.” The service center has no idea why. It’s been pretty frustrating. They’re sending a mobile service to my house on Monday to take a look.
Are you on iOS or Android, and Gravity software 3.3.5? If iOS make sure you have latest Lucid app version from iOS store and that it’s iOS26. My car wakes up very quickly from the app with the latest app and iOS26. Also make sure WiFi if off in your car. I’ve found the app and car don’t talk to eachother as reliably if the car is on WiFi or searching for it.
 
Are you on iOS or Android, and Gravity software 3.3.5? If iOS make sure you have latest Lucid app version from iOS store and that it’s iOS26. My car wakes up very quickly from the app with the latest app and iOS26. Also make sure WiFi if off in your car. I’ve found the app and car don’t talk to eachother as reliably if the car is on WiFi or searching for it.
I’m on Android and have updated to version 3.3.5.
I’ve already tried everything — reinstalled the app, rebooted the car, and disconnected from Wi-Fi. The service team told me they don’t see my car connected to the cloud.
 
I’m on Android and have updated to version 3.3.5.
I’ve already tried everything — reinstalled the app, rebooted the car, and disconnected from Wi-Fi. The service team told me they don’t see my car connected to the cloud.
Damn that stinks. Hope the fix is a quick one.
 
Hi! I’m also in NJ and picked up my Gravity a few weeks ago. The car is supposed to connect to the cellular network, but for the past few days, whenever it’s not on Wi-Fi, the Lucid app shows “Vehicle is Offline.” The service center has no idea why. It’s been pretty frustrating. They’re sending a mobile service to my house on Monday to take a look.
There do seem to be a couple folks now with this issue. Hopefully, it’s cleared up soon.
 
Are you on iOS or Android, and Gravity software 3.3.5? If iOS make sure you have latest Lucid app version from iOS store and that it’s iOS26. My car wakes up very quickly from the app with the latest app and iOS26. Also make sure WiFi if off in your car. I’ve found the app and car don’t talk to eachother as reliably if the car is on WiFi or searching for it.
My car is fine on WiFi and wakes quickly. Only issue is Halo but that’s when my phone is on WiFi.
 
Two Questions for the forum:

1) I went to the beach today. It wasn't hot so I didn't turn on "creature comfort". Locked the car and went for a walk. About 40 minutes later I returned, unlocked the car, got in and it was already noticeably cool in there, like the A/C was continuously running. I mean, the few seconds between unlocking and getting in couldn't cool the car off. Once locked, shouldn't the A/C turn off?

2) I have the HUD with dynamic lighting. Tonight, in a dark garage, I was trying out sanctuary. As the lights on the passenger door waved towards the windshield and around to the drivers door, I noticed the area between the HUD and drivers door with no lights. Could someone with this setup please confirm if they have or do not have these lights?

Thanks /keith
View attachment 33744
I can confirm that my car looks the same. You don’t really see that gap because when you sit back in the driver’s seat it’s hidden by the display. Maybe the gap is visible from the passenger seat, but I didn’t check.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0303.webp
    IMG_0303.webp
    735.4 KB · Views: 119
Also make sure WiFi if off in your car. I’ve found the app and car don’t talk to eachother as reliably if the car is on WiFi or searching for it.
Anyone having this problem try turning WiFi off on their phone as a workaround? If the car and phone are on the same network, it may get network routing complications. Easy enough to try.
 
There do seem to be a couple of folks now with this issue. Hopefully, it will be cleared up soon.
The mobile service is coming on Monday. They think some module in the car is defective
Anyone having this problem try turning WiFi off on their phone as a workaround? If the car and phone are on the same network, it may get network routing complications. Easy enough to try.
That seems like a nasty workaround. I have to remember to turn off wifi on my phone before I leave the house.
 
Does anyone else have issues with phone call quality from the car? People on the other end keep complaining about how it sounds. I spoke with service, and they said the Air has the same problem, and they’re not sure if it can be resolved.
 
That seems like a nasty workaround. I have to remember to turn off wifi on my phone before I leave the house.
Just a theory. And only a potential issue when both car/phone are on the same network such as at home.
 
Just a theory. And only a potential issue when both the car/phone are on the same network, such as at home.
I get it. Thanks. I disconnected the car from the wifi. Let's see if that resolves the issue when I am away.
My car is fine on WiFi and wakes quickly. The only issue is Halo, but that’s when my phone is on WiFi.
It feels like a new issue pops up with my Gravity almost every day, it’s really frustrating. I genuinely want Lucid to succeed, but if this keeps happening, they are going to start losing customers as more high tech luxury EV with the same or better range start coming out .
 
Now that they are building my GGT ^^^, I'd love to hear from the forum on a couple updates.
1. What are we currently seeing in production to delivery times?
2. Has anyone received all the discounts - 7500 (tax), 2000 (loyalty), and 2000 (competitor). I ordered last Nov, own an Air, and own a Polestar 3.
3. Has anyone GGT (not Dream) received 2 key fobs?

My operating mindset is a 36 month lease because: (1) in three years the solid state battery tech should be available and everyone will likely want to upgrade either for a lighter car (less battery weight, same range) or a higher range car, and a longer life battery, (2) the general technology (motors, software, etc) is iterating and improving at a crazy pace; and (3) competition continues to increase and release amazing vehicles that should drive price down. Likely once solid state batteries are out, I'll purchase a Gravity and drive it into the sunset.
 
Does anyone else have issues with phone call quality from the car? People on the other end keep complaining about how it sounds. I spoke with service, and they said the Air has the same problem, and they’re not sure if it can be resolved.
Hi Jeff, when I use the hands-free setup on a call, the other party indicated that the quality of the audio signal was not ideal, yes, they could hear me, but now, I usually use the speaker option on my phone or I put in my earbuds. It's inconvenient, my prior car was a BMW and had an excellent microphone and speaker on the hands fee phone option.
 
Hi Jeff, when I use the hands-free setup on a call, the other party indicated that the quality of the audio signal was not ideal, yes, they could hear me, but now, I usually use the speaker option on my phone or I put in my earbuds. It's inconvenient, my prior car was a BMW and had an excellent microphone and speaker on the hands fee phone option.
Thanks. To be honest, the hands-free call quality is just one of many issues I’ve experienced with the Gravity. It’s really disappointing, things like this simply shouldn’t happen in a six-figure luxury car.

I completely understand that every new model has growing pains, but the number of problems with the Gravity feels excessive. Even Tesla, in its early days, didn’t seem to have this many issues surface so quickly after launch.

I genuinely want Lucid to succeed, but I hope the team recognizes how frustrating these repeated problems are for owners who believed in the brand and invested in this vehicle.
 
Hi! I’m also in NJ and picked up my Gravity a few weeks ago. The car is supposed to connect to the cellular network, but for the past few days, whenever it’s not on Wi-Fi, the Lucid app shows “Vehicle is Offline.” The service center has no idea why. It’s been pretty frustrating. They’re sending a mobile service to my house on Monday to take a look.
I've had this a couple times. Rebooting fixed it for me both times.
 
Back
Top