Gravity delivery: disappointing and recommendations BEFORE you drive off

Mikeaze1

New Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Dec 4, 2025
Messages
14
Reaction score
27
Cars
Gravity
We picked up our Gravity on Wednesday 3rd. The walk-thru was OK but raised some issues we didn’t insist on getting addressed. Now we are not getting responses from delivery team or sales team.
1/ when we arrived they showed us our keys and we were surprised there was only 1 key fob and 2 key cards. Seems odd way to save a few bucks. When they were assigning fob and cards they had issues, once assigned we moved on. We should have checked before we left that they all worked as described, because they didn’t. Recommendation: check each key BEFORE you leave to ensure they work.
2/ there is no phone key!! We didn’t know this, our friends have Lucid Airs and they have phone keys…why wouldn’t the Gravity, the newest vehicle at over $100K not have a phone key is CRAZY. So now one of us has to carry the fob every time and the other has to use the card key and put it in the car to drive. This is so 2018 as my 2019 Tesla model 3 had a phone key.
3/key fob didn’t recognize us when we stopped on the way home and we had to call Customer Care. It unlocked the car and we could drive by black screens, no network, no GPS and no ability to select user. After BS stuff like remove battery, get out of car, reset car, we finally got it working so we could get home. The advice from CC was the key SW was out of date. So to resolve walk 50’ away from the car and update the key. I did that when we got home and it said the key was up to date (v 2.33.08).
3/Key cards wont drive car, only lock/unlock! didn’t realize this until we got home. Brought it to the attention of our sales rep and delivery person and no response from email/text. CC’d Customer Care and no response from anyone. So now we are passing off the fob like a baton and changing user to drive the car.
4/ key fob is slow to recognize user, sometimes it takes 15-20 seconds. If you are in a hurry, tough.
5/ Software versions are different on car vs app. Car is 3.3.9 and app says cars is 3.3.5. Not sure if that’s ok.
6/ tried to set the app to charge the car after midnight. No luck, wouldn’t save preference so car didn’t charge. Had to go into the car and set the preference. We’ll see if that stick
 
We picked up our Gravity on Wednesday 3rd. The walk-thru was OK but raised some issues we didn’t insist on getting addressed. Now we are not getting responses from delivery team or sales team.
1/ when we arrived they showed us our keys and we were surprised there was only 1 key fob and 2 key cards. Seems odd way to save a few bucks. When they were assigning fob and cards they had issues, once assigned we moved on. We should have checked before we left that they all worked as described, because they didn’t. Recommendation: check each key BEFORE you leave to ensure they work.
2/ there is no phone key!! We didn’t know this, our friends have Lucid Airs and they have phone keys…why wouldn’t the Gravity, the newest vehicle at over $100K not have a phone key is CRAZY. So now one of us has to carry the fob every time and the other has to use the card key and put it in the car to drive. This is so 2018 as my 2019 Tesla model 3 had a phone key.
3/key fob didn’t recognize us when we stopped on the way home and we had to call Customer Care. It unlocked the car and we could drive by black screens, no network, no GPS and no ability to select user. After BS stuff like remove battery, get out of car, reset car, we finally got it working so we could get home. The advice from CC was the key SW was out of date. So to resolve walk 50’ away from the car and update the key. I did that when we got home and it said the key was up to date (v 2.33.08).
3/Key cards wont drive car, only lock/unlock! didn’t realize this until we got home. Brought it to the attention of our sales rep and delivery person and no response from email/text. CC’d Customer Care and no response from anyone. So now we are passing off the fob like a baton and changing user to drive the car.
4/ key fob is slow to recognize user, sometimes it takes 15-20 seconds. If you are in a hurry, tough.
5/ Software versions are different on car vs app. Car is 3.3.9 and app says cars is 3.3.5. Not sure if that’s ok.
6/ tried to set the app to charge the car after midnight. No luck, wouldn’t save preference so car didn’t charge. Had to go into the car and set the preference. We’ll see if that stick
Compromise Nothing
 
We picked up our Gravity on Wednesday 3rd. The walk-thru was OK but raised some issues we didn’t insist on getting addressed. Now we are not getting responses from delivery team or sales team.
1/ when we arrived they showed us our keys and we were surprised there was only 1 key fob and 2 key cards. Seems odd way to save a few bucks. When they were assigning fob and cards they had issues, once assigned we moved on. We should have checked before we left that they all worked as described, because they didn’t. Recommendation: check each key BEFORE you leave to ensure they work.
2/ there is no phone key!! We didn’t know this, our friends have Lucid Airs and they have phone keys…why wouldn’t the Gravity, the newest vehicle at over $100K not have a phone key is CRAZY. So now one of us has to carry the fob every time and the other has to use the card key and put it in the car to drive. This is so 2018 as my 2019 Tesla model 3 had a phone key.
3/key fob didn’t recognize us when we stopped on the way home and we had to call Customer Care. It unlocked the car and we could drive by black screens, no network, no GPS and no ability to select user. After BS stuff like remove battery, get out of car, reset car, we finally got it working so we could get home. The advice from CC was the key SW was out of date. So to resolve walk 50’ away from the car and update the key. I did that when we got home and it said the key was up to date (v 2.33.08).
3/Key cards wont drive car, only lock/unlock! didn’t realize this until we got home. Brought it to the attention of our sales rep and delivery person and no response from email/text. CC’d Customer Care and no response from anyone. So now we are passing off the fob like a baton and changing user to drive the car.
4/ key fob is slow to recognize user, sometimes it takes 15-20 seconds. If you are in a hurry, tough.
5/ Software versions are different on car vs app. Car is 3.3.9 and app says cars is 3.3.5. Not sure if that’s ok.
6/ tried to set the app to charge the car after midnight. No luck, wouldn’t save preference so car didn’t charge. Had to go into the car and set the preference. We’ll see if that stick
 
My GravityGT was delivered today, key cards don't work. That is my only issue, beautiful car, much easier to get in than my
Air.
 
We picked up our Gravity on Wednesday 3rd. The walk-thru was OK but raised some issues we didn’t insist on getting addressed. Now we are not getting responses from delivery team or sales team.
1/ when we arrived they showed us our keys and we were surprised there was only 1 key fob and 2 key cards. Seems odd way to save a few bucks. When they were assigning fob and cards they had issues, once assigned we moved on. We should have checked before we left that they all worked as described, because they didn’t. Recommendation: check each key BEFORE you leave to ensure they work.
2/ there is no phone key!! We didn’t know this, our friends have Lucid Airs and they have phone keys…why wouldn’t the Gravity, the newest vehicle at over $100K not have a phone key is CRAZY. So now one of us has to carry the fob every time and the other has to use the card key and put it in the car to drive. This is so 2018 as my 2019 Tesla model 3 had a phone key.
3/key fob didn’t recognize us when we stopped on the way home and we had to call Customer Care. It unlocked the car and we could drive by black screens, no network, no GPS and no ability to select user. After BS stuff like remove battery, get out of car, reset car, we finally got it working so we could get home. The advice from CC was the key SW was out of date. So to resolve walk 50’ away from the car and update the key. I did that when we got home and it said the key was up to date (v 2.33.08).
3/Key cards wont drive car, only lock/unlock! didn’t realize this until we got home. Brought it to the attention of our sales rep and delivery person and no response from email/text. CC’d Customer Care and no response from anyone. So now we are passing off the fob like a baton and changing user to drive the car.
4/ key fob is slow to recognize user, sometimes it takes 15-20 seconds. If you are in a hurry, tough.
5/ Software versions are different on car vs app. Car is 3.3.9 and app says cars is 3.3.5. Not sure if that’s ok.
6/ tried to set the app to charge the car after midnight. No luck, wouldn’t save preference so car didn’t charge. Had to go into the car and set the preference. We’ll see if that stick

Not trying to be rude but I'm always amazed by people who buy a $100k car with absolutely no research.

One fob is standard with a Touring or Grand Touring, only the Dream Edition gets two.
Yes, there is no phone key yet. It's a feature they plan to add in the future.
Key fob issues are one of the major bugs right now.
If your card isn't working there may be something wrong with your center console - this is a service issue.
Software version on the website doesn't match for new owners, once there's a future patch that you perform (or is auto installed) after delivery that will be fixed.
 
Not trying to be rude but I'm always amazed by people who buy a $100k car with absolutely no research.

One fob is standard with a Touring or Grand Touring, only the Dream Edition gets two.
Yes, there is no phone key yet. It's a feature they plan to add in the future.
Key fob issues are one of the major bugs right now.
If your card isn't working there may be something wrong with your center console - this is a service issue.
Software version on the website doesn't match for new owners, once there's a future patch that you perform (or is auto installed) after delivery that will be fixed.
When I bought my two different Mercedes over the past 8 years I did some basic research via internet reviews and the Mercedes site on specs, features. Both cars were delivered with all advertised features and I did not need to resort to Mercedes forums to learn workarounds for glitches and issues. We need to stop chastising people who don’t spend countless hours perusing this form for all the special instructions, workarounds, lists of what is working or not, etc. To be fair, Lucid needs to modify their site to list half the features on the Gravity as “coming in future” either because it truly has not been released yet - Phone as Key, CarPlay, or are not working properly now (or at least for all people) -Halo Secure, automatic HVAC control, numerous others.
 
Not trying to be rude but I'm always amazed by people who buy a $100k car with absolutely no research.

One fob is standard with a Touring or Grand Touring, only the Dream Edition gets two.
Yes, there is no phone key yet. It's a feature they plan to add in the future.
Key fob issues are one of the major bugs right now.
If your card isn't working there may be something wrong with your center console - this is a service issue.
Software version on the website doesn't match for new owners, once there's a future patch that you perform (or is auto installed) after delivery that will be fixed.
I suppose I should have done more research. I have 4 friends with Airs that don't have these kinds of issues. Being a Tesla owner for 10 years I expected some things but keys and key cards are pretty basic
 

I suppose I should have done more research. I have 4 friends with Airs that don't have these kinds of issues. Being a Tesla owner for 10 years I expected some things but keys and key cards are pretty basic
As they say, hindsight is 20/20.

You're here now, so consider spending some time perusing. Doesn't take countless hours. Good forum structure helps along with the search feature.

As for the 4 friends with Airs, assuming they are not forum members, suggest they also join the forum. We won't report them or confiscate their cars.

Like your friends with Airs, there are some of us with no or few issues. https://lucidowners.com/threads/may...eport-no-problems-or-at-least-very-few.14084/
 
I suppose I should have done more research. I have 4 friends with Airs that don't have these kinds of issues. Being a Tesla owner for 10 years I expected some things but keys and key cards are pretty basic
I can understand where you are coming from. I personally research the living hell out of everything I buy or do bc that's me. I'm a planner and I like to know what I'm getting into, so I knew everything I could about Gravity (and my last 4 cars) before I got the keys. Hopefully Lucid will get these things dialed in, many haven't had any fob or key card issues in quite a while.

For your key card, do you know where you are supposed to place it to start the car?

Also just to set your expectations, however some may feel about Tesla leadership (....) their software on their cars are generally far ahead of most other vehicle makers out there, especially the the FSD. Set your expectations accordingly bc we've had several previous Tesla owners mention their frustrations bc the Tesla software was so good. These cars are different and Lucid is definitely struggling right now with software quality. Be prepared and have some patience as you are entering into a bit of a firestorm. The general hope is they will have most of these fixed over the next several months with regular software updates. That's the hope anyway...
 
It is crazy that it only comes with one fob - at the very minimum, that should be explained and the buyer given the option to purchase an extra fob that will be with the car at delivery, programmed and ready to go. How much can it save to only include one fob?

As for the 4 friends with Airs, assuming they are not forum members, suggest they also join the forum. We won't report them or confiscate their cars.
If your friends seem generally happy with their Airs, DO NOT tell them to join this forum. They will quickly become unhappy with their cars.
 
@Mike
We picked up our Gravity on Wednesday 3rd. The walk-thru was OK but raised some issues we didn’t insist on getting addressed. Now we are not getting responses from delivery team or sales team.
1/ when we arrived they showed us our keys and we were surprised there was only 1 key fob and 2 key cards. Seems odd way to save a few bucks. When they were assigning fob and cards they had issues, once assigned we moved on. We should have checked before we left that they all worked as described, because they didn’t. Recommendation: check each key BEFORE you leave to ensure they work.
2/ there is no phone key!! We didn’t know this, our friends have Lucid Airs and they have phone keys…why wouldn’t the Gravity, the newest vehicle at over $100K not have a phone key is CRAZY. So now one of us has to carry the fob every time and the other has to use the card key and put it in the car to drive. This is so 2018 as my 2019 Tesla model 3 had a phone key.
3/key fob didn’t recognize us when we stopped on the way home and we had to call Customer Care. It unlocked the car and we could drive by black screens, no network, no GPS and no ability to select user. After BS stuff like remove battery, get out of car, reset car, we finally got it working so we could get home. The advice from CC was the key SW was out of date. So to resolve walk 50’ away from the car and update the key. I did that when we got home and it said the key was up to date (v 2.33.08).
3/Key cards wont drive car, only lock/unlock! didn’t realize this until we got home. Brought it to the attention of our sales rep and delivery person and no response from email/text. CC’d Customer Care and no response from anyone. So now we are passing off the fob like a baton and changing user to drive the car.
4/ key fob is slow to recognize user, sometimes it takes 15-20 seconds. If you are in a hurry, tough.
5/ Software versions are different on car vs app. Car is 3.3.9 and app says cars is 3.3.5. Not sure if that’s ok.
6/ tried to set the app to charge the car after midnight. No luck, wouldn’t save preference so car didn’t charge. Had to go into the car and set the preference. We’ll see if that stick
It doesn't help now, but out of curiosity, how did you hear about this forum? Clearly not from your friends with Airs.
 
I can understand where you are coming from. I personally research the living hell out of everything I buy or do bc that's me. I'm a planner and I like to know what I'm getting into, so I knew everything I could about Gravity (and my last 4 cars) before I got the keys. Hopefully Lucid will get these things dialed in, many haven't had any fob or key card issues in quite a while.

For your key card, do you know where you are supposed to place it to start the car?

Also just to set your expectations, however some may feel about Tesla leadership (....) their software on their cars are generally far ahead of most other vehicle makers out there, especially the the FSD. Set your expectations accordingly bc we've had several previous Tesla owners mention their frustrations bc the Tesla software was so good. These cars are different and Lucid is definitely struggling right now with software quality. Be prepared and have some patience as you are entering into a bit of a firestorm. The general hope is they will have most of these fixed over the next several months with regular software updates. That's the hope anyway...
agreed on Tesla's SW. IMO their tech is great, but the "automobile" is meh
 
I suppose I should have done more research. I have 4 friends with Airs that don't have these kinds of issues. Being a Tesla owner for 10 years I expected some things but keys and key cards are pretty basic
I agree with your concerns. If Lucid had delivered PAAK from the start, I would have been OK with only giving one key. Every other car sold in the US (AFAIK) come with two keys at delivery with the exception of Tesla but then they have fully functional PAAK. I took delivery of my GGT a little over a week ago and I had researched the hell out of things prior to purchase and so I have been prepared for the various issues.

The one non-negotiable, do not accept vehicle and leave the SC unless the key fob is fully functional and - most important -insure that each of the Card Keys will unlock AND start the car.
 
When I bought my two different Mercedes over the past 8 years I did some basic research via internet reviews and the Mercedes site on specs, features. Both cars were delivered with all advertised features and I did not need to resort to Mercedes forums to learn workarounds for glitches and issues. We need to stop chastising people who don’t spend countless hours perusing this form for all the special instructions, workarounds, lists of what is working or not, etc. To be fair, Lucid needs to modify their site to list half the features on the Gravity as “coming in future” either because it truly has not been released yet - Phone as Key, CarPlay, or are not working properly now (or at least for all people) -Halo Secure, automatic HVAC control, numerous others.
The majority of OP's complaints were about the keys. PaaK not being available yet is widely known and reported, as are the issues with the fobs. There's no need to "spend countless hours perusing this forum" to know those things.
 
My Air GT came with two fobs so I (naively?) assumed my Gravity GT would as well. It’s cheap not to have two. I also assumed PAAK would work.

I have had two issues from delivery 10/31/25 and Lucid has yet to address them despite promising they would. I used to be a cheerleader for the brand. Not so much anymore. I wish them well but I think they’re struggling and most people spending over 100k on a car simply don’t want to deal with these growing pains.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DBV
If Lucid had delivered PAAK from the start, I would have been OK with only giving one key. Every other car sold in the US (AFAIK) come with two keys at delivery with the exception of Tesla but then they have fully functional PAAK. I took delivery of my GGT a little over a week ago and I had researched the hell out of things prior to purchase and so I have been prepared for the various issues.
I agree with this. It is cheap and inconvenient for customers to have only one fob when PAAK is NOT working. With PAAK one fob is no problem but it is more difficult for two people to both use the Gravity with only one fob and no PAAK.
 
I agree with this. It is cheap and inconvenient for customers to have only one fob when PAAK is NOT working. With PAAK one fob is no problem but it is more difficult for two people to both use the Gravity with only one fob and no PAAK.
I also agree. My DE came with two fobs, but if I’d only gotten one with a GT it would be annoying, since both my wife and I drive the car.

And yes, if PAAK were out our fobs would live in a drawer.
 
Not saying this will work for everyone but I too was very dissatisfied that my Gravity came with only one key fob while my air came with two. Instead of complaining on this forum I addressed this problem with the studio manager and they agree to provide me with a second key fob. Problem resolved! I have found Lucid is generally very willing to work with their customers and are trying to make things better as slow as it seems at times. The recent message from the interim CEO establishing a site for owners to report difficulties and issues with their Gravities will hopefully be a Huge step forward as I am convinced Lucid is not aware of all the issues with their products which, while disappointing at least now we have a means of making sure they have the information to advance their product line. Call me an optimist but I love the cars in spite of their software deficiencies and remember it took Tesla nearly 10 years to work through all their software issues.
 
Back
Top