Founding Member
Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Model S Plaid, Odyssey
DE Number
Referral Code
033M4EXG
"Savage Geese" just posted a review of the Kia EV9. Not only did they like the car, they said Kia is giving very aggressive lease terms: a $70K trim-level (near the top of the range) on a 2-year lease with $2-3,000 down for $300 a month.

They said it was not in the same class as the Gravity when it came to space packaging but thought it blew GM products away in terms of materials and build quality at that price point.

I wonder what this pricing signifies in terms of how hot the EV SUV market will be for Lucid?

As far as I understand, Hyundai group is at a transition point in their software defined vehicle development. I am not entirely sure how much of that has gone into these vehicles. It is also not clear if they are transitioning to something completely new (a complete overhaul?) or working their way to make existing software compatible with all types of software updates. Personally, I believe that's where many of these EVs are going to hold up their value. That's one reason Rivians still have good customer demand. They will continue to receive software updates while many others may be obsolete in that sense. They will still be great vehicles, but won't hold their value much.

They will still be great vehicles, but won't hold their value much.

"Savage Geese" talked about how much is rapidly changing on the EV front as well as steep depreciation. That's why they thought this 2-year / $300-a-month lease deal was so compelling.

I'm just wondering how much pressure such aggressive lease deals will put on the Gravity pricing.

Back