- Joined
- Jul 25, 2025
- Messages
- 208
- Reaction score
- 331
- Location
- Orange County, CA
- Cars
- X Plaid, Gravity DE
- Gravity DE Number
- 234
- Referral Code
- 3GPQ825B
New update coming very soon and it will include Halo Secure - Camera Security System.
New update coming very soon and it will include Halo Secure - Camera Security System.
Sales AssociateSource?
Frankly, I feel more like a putz than a hero. The Lucid driving experience is just so intoxicating that my reasoning goes numb.
I feel like the guy who knows that living with the girl is going to drive him crazy, but he's going to marry her anyway because she's just sooo much damn fun at a party
Hmm SAs are not always the best source of info but I hope youāre right.Sales Associate
All of the updates that my sales associate has informed me about for the past 3 years have all been spot on.Hmm SAs are not always the best source of info but I hope youāre right.
So we can actually enter a name for our Model S. Can the same be done in the Gravity software?We have similar ways of thinking of our experience with our GDEs. Iām on my third name for the car. After having the FDU issue, I named it something inappropriate for this forum. It is currently named āNaomi Campbellā because the car is beautiful in many ways but is a freakinā diva of the highest degree. Apologies to Naomi Campbell fans. Hoping to have reason to name it āKathy Irelandā some day. She seemed nice, not too high maintenance.
In the app, go to Vehicle Info. Can edit the name in the app but will not show in the car, as far as I can tell, unlike Teslas (or Airs for that matter)So we can actually enter a name for our Model S. Can the same be done in the Gravity software?
I have not and have a fairly hilly drive but no turns immediately after or during.Has any else experienced this? It's seems to be pretty specific. Leaving my house, I drive down a large hill with a light at the bottom. Most times the light is red due to cross traffic being a much busier road. Occasionally I catch the light green, and after making the turn ( at a relatively slow speed) my traction control lights up and I lose power for a second or two. The same thing happened to me this morning but in a different location, but under the same circumstances (downhill to a left turn). I know it's really weird and I haven't tried to duplicate it witht a right turn, but I don't ever remember experiencing it with a right turn before. Strange, I admit.
Try it in sprint mode which should relax the traction control or smooth mode which should reduce powerā¦loss of power with no traction control light might mean itās something else, but we can definitely rule out gasoline movement away from the fuel pumpā¦Has any else experienced this? It's seems to be pretty specific. Leaving my house, I drive down a large hill with a light at the bottom. Most times the light is red due to cross traffic being a much busier road. Occasionally I catch the light green, and after making the turn ( at a relatively slow speed) my traction control lights up and I lose power for a second or two. The same thing happened to me this morning but in a different location, but under the same circumstances (downhill to a left turn). I know it's really weird and I haven't tried to duplicate it witht a right turn, but I don't ever remember experiencing it with a right turn before. Strange, I admit.
I'm in smooth mode and probably doing 20mph when I start to accelerate. No reason at all for traction control to be getting involved. I want to try to get it to happen consistently so I can film it when its happening to prove I'm not crazyTry it in sprint mode which should relax the traction control or smooth mode which should reduce powerā¦loss of power with no traction control light might mean itās something else, but we can definitely rule out gasoline movement away from the fuel pumpā¦
For a software company that would be sadRan across another minor software quirk. The WiFi networks list only shows 10 networks - probably the strongest 10. I live in a super dense area and park across the street. My neighborās network that I want to use at the parking spot doesnāt ever make the top 10 cut. Its signal is weak but workable based on my phone. And as far as I can tell, thereās no way to add a network manually either.
Hoping for a software update to fix that.
Try doing it without regen. I bet that fixes it.I'm in smooth mode and probably doing 20mph when I start to accelerate. No reason at all for traction control to be getting involved. I want to try to get it to happen consistently so I can film it when its happening to prove I'm not crazy![]()
Not sure why youāre saying I wouldnāt have the issue with the Gravity. I drive a GDE.Try doing it without regen. I bet that fixes it.
If it does, you wouldnāt have the issue with the Gravity or a Sapphire or an RWD Pure.
And they will hopefully eventually fix it on the earlier cars; when the car detects any loss of traction, torque commands diminish significantly to make sure traction is recovered, to permit steering inputs. For example, if the pavement is damaged while you regen down the hill. In acceleration, the reapplication of torque happens quickly, but in regen, the torque reapplication takes a longer time, because the system used for TCS was developed for ICE vehicles which donāt have regen. Thatās why turning off regen might help.
Lucid has developed their in-house 1000Hz TCS that is more responsive, especially in regen, and thatās why the RWD Pure and Sapphire donāt have this issue.
My guess is theyāll eventually roll it out to the whole fleet via OTA, but they have to test it on every type of vehicle because itās, well, extremely important to not get wrong haha.
I have no timeline or anything else and no guarantee itāll ever happen; but I bet if you turned off regen the problem goes away.
Test and report back?![]()
Then Iām incorrect and it almost certainly isnāt the same issue Iām referring to!Not sure why youāre saying I wouldnāt have the issue with the Gravity. I drive a GDE.
This is a service issue. If you can keep timestamps on when it occurs, you may be able to call in to the service center and ask them to diagnose. (They've done this for me on other issues.)Has any else experienced this? It's seems to be pretty specific. Leaving my house, I drive down a large hill with a light at the bottom. Most times the light is red due to cross traffic being a much busier road. Occasionally I catch the light green, and after making the turn ( at a relatively slow speed) my traction control lights up and I lose power for a second or two. The same thing happened to me this morning but in a different location, but under the same circumstances (downhill to a left turn). I know it's really weird and I haven't tried to duplicate it witht a right turn, but I don't ever remember experiencing it with a right turn before. Strange, I admit.