Gravity Bugs / Issues

Frankly, I feel more like a putz than a hero. The Lucid driving experience is just so intoxicating that my reasoning goes numb.

I feel like the guy who knows that living with the girl is going to drive him crazy, but he's going to marry her anyway because she's just sooo much damn fun at a party

We have similar ways of thinking of our experience with our GDEs. I’m on my third name for the car. After having the FDU issue, I named it something inappropriate for this forum. It is currently named ā€˜Naomi Campbell’ because the car is beautiful in many ways but is a freakin’ diva of the highest degree. Apologies to Naomi Campbell fans. Hoping to have reason to name it ā€˜Kathy Ireland’ some day. She seemed nice, not too high maintenance.
 
We have similar ways of thinking of our experience with our GDEs. I’m on my third name for the car. After having the FDU issue, I named it something inappropriate for this forum. It is currently named ā€˜Naomi Campbell’ because the car is beautiful in many ways but is a freakin’ diva of the highest degree. Apologies to Naomi Campbell fans. Hoping to have reason to name it ā€˜Kathy Ireland’ some day. She seemed nice, not too high maintenance.
So we can actually enter a name for our Model S. Can the same be done in the Gravity software?
 
So we can actually enter a name for our Model S. Can the same be done in the Gravity software?
In the app, go to Vehicle Info. Can edit the name in the app but will not show in the car, as far as I can tell, unlike Teslas (or Airs for that matter)
 
Took my first extended drive today (200+ miles round trip) and my adaptive cruise and adaptive headlights both stopped working multiple times. I suspect this is more a real HW problem that just a SW bug. If I see it one more time after I reset I’ll need to get it serviced (per discussion I was having with CC for another problem).
 
Has any else experienced this? It's seems to be pretty specific. Leaving my house, I drive down a large hill with a light at the bottom. Most times the light is red due to cross traffic being a much busier road. Occasionally I catch the light green, and after making the turn ( at a relatively slow speed) my traction control lights up and I lose power for a second or two. The same thing happened to me this morning but in a different location, but under the same circumstances (downhill to a left turn). I know it's really weird and I haven't tried to duplicate it witht a right turn, but I don't ever remember experiencing it with a right turn before. Strange, I admit.
 
Has any else experienced this? It's seems to be pretty specific. Leaving my house, I drive down a large hill with a light at the bottom. Most times the light is red due to cross traffic being a much busier road. Occasionally I catch the light green, and after making the turn ( at a relatively slow speed) my traction control lights up and I lose power for a second or two. The same thing happened to me this morning but in a different location, but under the same circumstances (downhill to a left turn). I know it's really weird and I haven't tried to duplicate it witht a right turn, but I don't ever remember experiencing it with a right turn before. Strange, I admit.
I have not and have a fairly hilly drive but no turns immediately after or during.
 
Has any else experienced this? It's seems to be pretty specific. Leaving my house, I drive down a large hill with a light at the bottom. Most times the light is red due to cross traffic being a much busier road. Occasionally I catch the light green, and after making the turn ( at a relatively slow speed) my traction control lights up and I lose power for a second or two. The same thing happened to me this morning but in a different location, but under the same circumstances (downhill to a left turn). I know it's really weird and I haven't tried to duplicate it witht a right turn, but I don't ever remember experiencing it with a right turn before. Strange, I admit.
Try it in sprint mode which should relax the traction control or smooth mode which should reduce power…loss of power with no traction control light might mean it’s something else, but we can definitely rule out gasoline movement away from the fuel pump…
 
Try it in sprint mode which should relax the traction control or smooth mode which should reduce power…loss of power with no traction control light might mean it’s something else, but we can definitely rule out gasoline movement away from the fuel pump…
I'm in smooth mode and probably doing 20mph when I start to accelerate. No reason at all for traction control to be getting involved. I want to try to get it to happen consistently so I can film it when its happening to prove I'm not crazy 🫨
 
Ran across another minor software quirk. The WiFi networks list only shows 10 networks - probably the strongest 10. I live in a super dense area and park across the street. My neighbor’s network that I want to use at the parking spot doesn’t ever make the top 10 cut. Its signal is weak but workable based on my phone. And as far as I can tell, there’s no way to add a network manually either.

Hoping for a software update to fix that.
 
Ran across another minor software quirk. The WiFi networks list only shows 10 networks - probably the strongest 10. I live in a super dense area and park across the street. My neighbor’s network that I want to use at the parking spot doesn’t ever make the top 10 cut. Its signal is weak but workable based on my phone. And as far as I can tell, there’s no way to add a network manually either.

Hoping for a software update to fix that.
For a software company that would be sad
 
I'm in smooth mode and probably doing 20mph when I start to accelerate. No reason at all for traction control to be getting involved. I want to try to get it to happen consistently so I can film it when its happening to prove I'm not crazy 🫨
Try doing it without regen. I bet that fixes it.

If it does, you wouldn’t have the issue with the Gravity or a Sapphire or an RWD Pure.

And they will hopefully eventually fix it on the earlier cars; when the car detects any loss of traction, torque commands diminish significantly to make sure traction is recovered, to permit steering inputs. For example, if the pavement is damaged while you regen down the hill. In acceleration, the reapplication of torque happens quickly, but in regen, the torque reapplication takes a longer time, because the system used for TCS was developed for ICE vehicles which don’t have regen. That’s why turning off regen might help.

Lucid has developed their in-house 1000Hz TCS that is more responsive, especially in regen, and that’s why the RWD Pure and Sapphire don’t have this issue.

My guess is they’ll eventually roll it out to the whole fleet via OTA, but they have to test it on every type of vehicle because it’s, well, extremely important to not get wrong haha.

I have no timeline or anything else and no guarantee it’ll ever happen; but I bet if you turned off regen the problem goes away.

Test and report back? :)
 
Last edited:
You know that’s interesting the ONLY time my Air GT has ever had a traction control warning come on was when I was in regen and went over an uneven part of road. Now that makes sense.
 
Try doing it without regen. I bet that fixes it.

If it does, you wouldn’t have the issue with the Gravity or a Sapphire or an RWD Pure.

And they will hopefully eventually fix it on the earlier cars; when the car detects any loss of traction, torque commands diminish significantly to make sure traction is recovered, to permit steering inputs. For example, if the pavement is damaged while you regen down the hill. In acceleration, the reapplication of torque happens quickly, but in regen, the torque reapplication takes a longer time, because the system used for TCS was developed for ICE vehicles which don’t have regen. That’s why turning off regen might help.

Lucid has developed their in-house 1000Hz TCS that is more responsive, especially in regen, and that’s why the RWD Pure and Sapphire don’t have this issue.

My guess is they’ll eventually roll it out to the whole fleet via OTA, but they have to test it on every type of vehicle because it’s, well, extremely important to not get wrong haha.

I have no timeline or anything else and no guarantee it’ll ever happen; but I bet if you turned off regen the problem goes away.

Test and report back? :)
Not sure why you’re saying I wouldn’t have the issue with the Gravity. I drive a GDE.
 
Anyone also on 3.3.1 but still get the ā€œshake key to wake it upā€. Took delivery of car today so it was already updated to 3.3.1.

Keys work great except for when I’m in the car the infotainment keeps alerting me to shake the keys to wake it up.
 
Not sure why you’re saying I wouldn’t have the issue with the Gravity. I drive a GDE.
Then I’m incorrect and it almost certainly isn’t the same issue I’m referring to!

I haven’t seen the same issue on the G.
 
Has any else experienced this? It's seems to be pretty specific. Leaving my house, I drive down a large hill with a light at the bottom. Most times the light is red due to cross traffic being a much busier road. Occasionally I catch the light green, and after making the turn ( at a relatively slow speed) my traction control lights up and I lose power for a second or two. The same thing happened to me this morning but in a different location, but under the same circumstances (downhill to a left turn). I know it's really weird and I haven't tried to duplicate it witht a right turn, but I don't ever remember experiencing it with a right turn before. Strange, I admit.
This is a service issue. If you can keep timestamps on when it occurs, you may be able to call in to the service center and ask them to diagnose. (They've done this for me on other issues.)
 
Back
Top