Ours began doing this after upon its return to us from having the HUD replaced and the navigation/GPS issue (sort of) resolved. Before that the Homelink worked instantly, although it would not activate automatically upon approach or departure due, I assume, to the fact that the car was not transmitting its location via GPS.
However, now that the navigation system is up and running, it behaves erratically. Several times it has spontaneously switched routes to unknown locations while we were trying to get somewhere. The most recent incident was this morning when it mapped the route from our hotel to the Roswell Service Center where we were to drop the car off for the rear drive unit issue. The system located the correct address and displayed the correct route. But a few blocks from the hotel it went bonkers, telling us in quick succession to turn left, turn right, make a U-turn, essentially sending us in circles. We had to pull off the road, turn it off, and put the address in a cell phone, which took us there without any drama.
By the way, since Roswell couldn't put us in a Lucid loaner they took us to an Enterprise rental depot where they said they had reserved us a "premium luxury" ICE car. (I had requested an ICE car since the Roswell detour added so much time to our return trip that I wanted to avoid charging layovers.) The Lucid employee refused to wait while we signed the rental papers so that we could transfer things from the Gravity to the rental car, leaving us at the counter with all our luggage (including plastic bags with dirty windshield cleaning towels and other road trip detritus) spread out unceremoniously in a bustling lobby. When our turn came at the counter we were told the only cars available were a pickup truck or a Nissan Rogue. After I started to get a little "noisy", they suddenly discovered they had a Mazda CX-90 available. Not a bad car, actually. Not a Gravity, of course, but, on the other hand, a car that actually got us home.
As I was sitting in this Mazda all day, my mind began replaying what our time with the Air has been like, what our first months with the Gravity have been like, and wondering what the first months are going to be like with the other GDE that's in production. And I began to wonder, really seriously for the first time, whether my love affair with EVs in general -- and Lucid in particular -- has put me on a path to which I'm also subjecting my less-enthusiastic partner that is really not sustainable. I just don't know how much more of this aggravation either of us can take for the love of a car brand or a propulsion technology (with its charging challenges), no matter how good it is on those days when it is good.