Gravity Bluetooth Microphone issues

LaxDad8

New Member

Joined
Mar 29, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
3
Are we the only one experiencing this or is this a problem that folks have heard a software update will fix ?

I searched the form I couldn't find any other complaints but chat GPT seems that the report a number of issues. We picked up our gravity 3 days ago. When we're talking on the phone through the Bluetooth the person on the other end, including my wife when I'm driving and me when she's driving, complaining the microphone is really low muffled and goes in and out, garbled to the point the person on the other end gets frustrated and hangs up. So far taking off handsfree Bluetooth and using phone is the only way to have a conversation in the car. Running latest 3.5 software.
 
Are we the only one experiencing this or is this a problem that folks have heard a software update will fix ?

I searched the form I couldn't find any other complaints but chat GPT seems that the report a number of issues. We picked up our gravity 3 days ago. When we're talking on the phone through the Bluetooth the person on the other end, including my wife when I'm driving and me when she's driving, complaining the microphone is really low muffled and goes in and out, garbled to the point the person on the other end gets frustrated and hangs up. So far taking off handsfree Bluetooth and using phone is the only way to have a conversation in the car. Running latest 3.5 software.
Yes this is a known issue and yes, it was supposed to be fixed using an AI based solution on 3.5.1. I would say Lucid somewhat proudly announced that this would be a dramatic improvement.

But I think it is definitely not fixed and not an acceptable audio quality or consistency for a $100k car. Not sure what they will do about it. It seems like it’s hardware at this point. 🤷🏽‍♂️

@marqie any update on this continuing issue?
 
AI based solution
IMG_4987.gif
 
Curious. I've tested the bluetooth mic in my Gravity FT (v3.5.1) while running CarPlay .. caller on the other end said it sounded great to them.

Q: Are you using CarPlay, AndoridAuto, or neither (just the phone paired with the Gravity)?

Thanks /keith
 
I'm using my iPhone paired with my Gravity and the caller confirmed that sound was coming across clearly after I upgraded to 3.5.1!
 
Machine learning, not the current pop concept of “AI”

(This is the correct way to do it; it is how Krisp and others work, and my bet is they simply partnered with one of them. It works well for our Gravity, but there seems to be a slight bug where it’s silent for the first 5-10 seconds before it works perfectly; not sure if others are seeing that)
 
Machine learning, not the current pop concept of “AI”

(This is the correct way to do it; it is how Krisp and others work, and my bet is they simply partnered with one of them. It works well for our Gravity, but there seems to be a slight bug where it’s silent for the first 5-10 seconds before it works perfectly; not sure if others are seeing that)
Or they could have just, idk, made sure it worked before selling to everyone.
 
Or they could have just, idk, made sure it worked before selling to everyone.
? Sure, except mine does work. And apparently plenty of others on this very thread.

That’s why I was wondering if anyone else had my issue or if it’s my wife’s phone. It doesn’t happen when I use my phone.
 
Mines been good when I call myself on my other phone to complain about the state of the world. 😏
How's the reception? (Not the signal, how are the complaints received?)
 
Mines been good when I call myself on my other phone to complain about the state of the world. 😏
That happens inside your head, hence no Bluetooth required 😂
 
Curious. I've tested the bluetooth mic in my Gravity FT (v3.5.1) while running CarPlay .. caller on the other end said it sounded great to them.

Q: Are you using CarPlay, AndoridAuto, or neither (just the phone paired with the Gravity)?

Thanks /keith
The inbound audio has always been great on either native or CarPlay (short period with this of course).

The people I’m calling say ‘you sound like you’re deep in a cave ‘ , ‘garbled and muffled’ , and ‘audible off and on’ to the point where they give up and tell me to call them back or rejoin the call.

It’s not usable for me at all and 99% of the time I’m switching to my AirPods or speakerphone.

3.5.1 has not improved the experience sadly.
 
? Sure, except mine does work. And apparently plenty of others on this very thread.

That’s why I was wondering if anyone else had my issue or if it’s my wife’s phone. It doesn’t happen when I use my phone.
No issues with mine so far (using CP)...wife can hear me ok when calling to say I'll be late coming home from work AGAIN!!
 
The inbound audio has always been great on either native or CarPlay (short period with this of course).

The people I’m calling say ‘you sound like you’re deep in a cave ‘ , ‘garbled and muffled’ , and ‘audible off and on’ to the point where they give up and tell me to call them back or rejoin the call.

It’s not usable for me at all and 99% of the time I’m switching to my AirPods or speakerphone.

3.5.1 has not improved the experience sadly.
My experience is almost identical, except that about 10% of the time both ends of the call will be completely garbled where neither of us can even tell it's a voice on the other end. Also not fixed by 3.5.1.

Calling my son on his Android seems to work better than calling my wife on her iPhone (I have an iPhone and this behavior is the same whether I'm using CarPlay or not).
 
The inbound audio has always been great on either native or CarPlay (short period with this of course).

The people I’m calling say ‘you sound like you’re deep in a cave ‘ , ‘garbled and muffled’ , and ‘audible off and on’ to the point where they give up and tell me to call them back or rejoin the call.

It’s not usable for me at all and 99% of the time I’m switching to my AirPods or speakerphone.

3.5.1 has not improved the experience sadly.
same for us. I can hear the caller fine. But the caller always has a delay in responding because they have to try to interpret what might have been said because they can't understand me. We give up and move to speakerphone.
 
Are we the only one experiencing this or is this a problem that folks have heard a software update will fix ?

I searched the form I couldn't find any other complaints but chat GPT seems that the report a number of issues. We picked up our gravity 3 days ago. When we're talking on the phone through the Bluetooth the person on the other end, including my wife when I'm driving and me when she's driving, complaining the microphone is really low muffled and goes in and out, garbled to the point the person on the other end gets frustrated and hangs up. So far taking off handsfree Bluetooth and using phone is the only way to have a conversation in the car. Running latest 3.5 software.
I have the exact same issue, on 3.5.1 and issue still not resolved.
 
Back
Top