Gravity accessories slowly appearing

Boxwave has been shipping screen protectors for the center screen. A few are available on Amazon, but they seem to have larger selection on their website.
 
Boxwave has been shipping screen protectors for the center screen. A few are available on Amazon, but they seem to have larger selection on their website.
Someone will have to order and verify for the forum. Boxwave did not do a good job back in November according to a review.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6595.webp
    IMG_6595.webp
    137 KB · Views: 118
Someone will have to order and verify for the forum. Boxwave did not do a good job back in November according to a review.
Sorry, I just don’t get the screen protector thing. It’s to protect against fingerprints and glare? But you still have to clean the screen protector from fingerprints, right? Glare’s never been an issue for me. Just want to make sure I’m not missing out as I have to buy every possible accessory for my Gravity. Seriously. Every. Single. One.

If it’s just fingerprints, can I use Saran Wrap and replace daily? 🤣
 
Sorry, I just don’t get the screen protector thing. It’s to protect against fingerprints and glare? But you still have to clean the screen protector from fingerprints, right? Glare’s never been an issue for me. Just want to make sure I’m not missing out as I have to buy every possible accessory for my Gravity. Seriously. Every. Single. One.

If it’s just fingerprints, can I use Saran Wrap and replace daily? 🤣

The thing I like about the matte protectors is that not only does it have less glare but good ones don't show fingerprints anywhere near what the glossy screen usually does.

Totally a personal choice though.
 
Someone will have to order and verify for the forum. Boxwave did not do a good job back in November according to a review.
I got the ClearTouch Crystal ToughShield 9H direct from Boxwave.

Maybe it could have been 1mm wider, but the fit was fine for me.
 
Is there any consensus on the best winter floor / trunk / frunk mats for Gravity? I see that neither Tuxmat nor 3D has anything listed for Gravity yet.
I'll get a NACS RangeXChange cable, and will look for a phone mount for use until Android Auto ships.
 
Mine are completely fine. BUT…the pads are what I whined about most in post originally months ago. They’re terrible - like 3M foam. I am curious why I’ve not been contacted as I definitely have the first gen crossbars.

That said, they ARE working and stable and I don’t see issues (yet). But I haven’t removed them, so can’t see if they’ve damaged the roof. I am super nervous they will, but had to be able to carry skis and snowboards and don’t have tow package.

My guess is they didn't contact you because you purchased very early (and presumably already installed) whereas in my case they called me before the shipment arrived.
I'm still waiting on the new pads to come, a couple of weeks ago they said they would arrive "by Feb".

As for installation ease... yeah the Rivian ones are spectacularly easy in that I don't bother taking the ski racks off the roofrack as it is easier to just remove the entire roofrack. The Lucid ones do look very similar to the Tesla ones for 3/Y (but I haven't started installing as yet). I hear the Lucid ones come with something that resembles a torque wrench (so you don't break the glass) while Tesla just made us buy our own.
 
Is there any consensus on the best winter floor / trunk / frunk mats for Gravity? I see that neither Tuxmat nor 3D has anything listed for Gravity yet.
I'll get a NACS RangeXChange cable, and will look for a phone mount for use until Android Auto ships.
Ppl on here have spoken well of the all weather Lucid mats and the ones from LinerX, though their third row floor mat may need a blowdryer to warm it and maybe even a Dremel when installing as it's a tight fit over the stabilizing posts
 
My guess is they didn't contact you because you purchased very early (and presumably already installed) whereas in my case they called me before the shipment arrived.
I'm still waiting on the new pads to come, a couple of weeks ago they said they would arrive "by Feb".

As for installation ease... yeah the Rivian ones are spectacularly easy in that I don't bother taking the ski racks off the roofrack as it is easier to just remove the entire roofrack. The Lucid ones do look very similar to the Tesla ones for 3/Y (but I haven't started installing as yet). I hear the Lucid ones come with something that resembles a torque wrench (so you don't break the glass) while Tesla just made us buy our own.
Yes, Lucid ones come with a wrench that has a piece of metal on it and says to tighten until you touch the metal.

It’s a huge PITA to install. So, you’re not taking them off except maybe once a year. However, I should note, I have seen ZERO range loss when just the roof bars are installed. Once I put the ski rack on, etc, yes, there’s range loss.

So, roof bars stay on until the next owner takes them off.
 
Ppl on here have spoken well of the all weather Lucid mats and the ones from LinerX, though their third row floor mat may need a blowdryer to warm it and maybe even a Dremel when installing as it's a tight fit over the stabilizing posts
I had no issues installing the Lucid mats and then, later, the LinerX mats. The LinerX mats are a bit more stiff at first, but I also think they’re more protective and have a bigger/taller “lip” to prevent spills or melted snow, etc from getting into car.
 
I got the ClearTouch Crystal ToughShield 9H direct from Boxwave.

Maybe it could have been 1mm wider, but the fit was fine for me.
Can you post the link? There are quite a few listed for Gravity and I couldn’t be sure which one fits best.
Thanks.
 
Can you post the link? There are quite a few listed for Gravity and I couldn’t be sure which one fits best.
Thanks.
This is the one I ordered:

 
Anyone find any bento boxes/organizers for the center console? I’m having a hard time finding something that will fit.

Also any recs on a mag safe phone holder?
 
Sorry, I just don’t get the screen protector thing. It’s to protect against fingerprints and glare? But you still have to clean the screen protector from fingerprints, right? Glare’s never been an issue for me. Just want to make sure I’m not missing out as I have to buy every possible accessory for my Gravity. Seriously. Every. Single. One.

If it’s just fingerprints, can I use Saran Wrap and replace daily? 🤣
I had my wrap guy put matte PPF on he screens, the reduction in glare is significant.
 
Anyone find any bento boxes/organizers for the center console? I’m having a hard time finding something that will fit.

Also any recs on a mag safe phone holder?
Phone holders:



 
Phone holders:



I just got the ESR OmniLock mount, and it doesn't work on the Gravity. I really wish it did—the specs are great for wireless Magsafe/Qi2 charging—but there are no blades in the Gravity's vents that the mount can latch onto. In fact, the vent design of Gravity makes I think all vent-mounted phone holders/chargers incompatible. I was a fan of ProclipUSA's chargers and mounts, but of course Lucid is too small-fry for them to build a mount for brand…so far.
 
I just got the ESR OmniLock mount, and it doesn't work on the Gravity. I really wish it did—the specs are great for wireless Magsafe/Qi2 charging—but there are no blades in the Gravity's vents that the mount can latch onto. In fact, the vent design of Gravity makes I think all vent-mounted phone holders/chargers incompatible. I was a fan of ProclipUSA's chargers and mounts, but of course Lucid is too small-fry for them to build a mount for brand…so far.
The nice thing about that ESR is that the back of it has a small ball mount. I had one mounted in my Jeep for years using a ball I got from Arkon. There's a whole discussion just about mounting here where I posted some links: https://lucidowners.com/threads/iphone-gravity-dash-mount.14204/

I'd think there's something Arkon might have that could be pieced together for a mount.

I haven't tried to install a mount in the Gravity as I've been happy with the built in charger for my needs so far, one nice thing about being retired is not having to worry as much about what's on my phone anymore. 🤣
 
The nice thing about that ESR is that the back of it has a small ball mount. I had one mounted in my Jeep for years using a ball I got from Arkon. There's a whole discussion just about mounting here where I posted some links: https://lucidowners.com/threads/iphone-gravity-dash-mount.14204/

I'd think there's something Arkon might have that could be pieced together for a mount.

I haven't tried to install a mount in the Gravity as I've been happy with the built in charger for my needs so far, one nice thing about being retired is not having to worry as much about what's on my phone anymore. 🤣
I have been fine using the charging pad area. The only issue is the Bermuda Triangle of the electronics in the center console still makes me lose gps and cell signal if my phone sits in that area for more than a couple of minutes…then I have to just put it on the arm rest.
 
I have been fine using the charging pad area. The only issue is the Bermuda Triangle of the electronics in the center console still makes me lose gps and cell signal if my phone sits in that area for more than a couple of minutes…then I have to just put it on the arm rest.

I haven't had that happen yet thankfully. (iPhone with AT&T)
 
Back
Top