Gravity accessories slowly appearing

Isn't is just a tire inflator (for $110)?

I just bought two cheap ones on Amazon for $20 each (one for the Gravity and one for the Macan).
It’s an OEM inflator kit with sealant/adhesive in leu of a spare tire. I believe someone said it’s made by Airman. It used to previously be on the website. My question is does it have the 650ml sized sealant cartridge necessary for the 22/23” tires.
 
Isn't is just a tire inflator (for $110)?

I just bought two cheap ones on Amazon for $20 each (one for the Gravity and one for the Macan).
I think it's more than just an inflator, there's some kind of compound inside that provides a temporary sealing of the tire. Not sure my explanation is technically correct, but that's kinda how it works
 
The Lucid website still lists it as an expected ship date of 1/28 like it did when I ordered a few weeks ago but my frunk seat shipped on Friday (unfortunately they shipped using OnTrac, IMO the worst logistics company known to mankind).
 
It’s an OEM inflator kit with sealant/adhesive in leu of a spare tire. I believe someone said it’s made by Airman. It used to previously be on the website. My question is does it have the 650ml sized sealant cartridge necessary for the 22/23” tires.
Ah, thanks. Yeah, that Airman sealant is more than I paid for my little USB battery compressors. 😄 $28 for the 450ml bottle, $56 for the 620ml. Still cheaper than Lucid's but closer.

Maybe I'll get a bottle of that too just in case. I mainly wanted a compressor on the road just in case the pressure got a little low.
 
The Lucid website still lists it as an expected ship date of 1/28 like it did when I ordered a few weeks ago but my frunk seat shipped on Friday (unfortunately they shipped using OnTrac, IMO the worst logistics company known to mankind).

I ordered the Lucid all-weather floor mats and the frunk bench on the same day. That was early January. Today I got a notification that the floor mats had shipped. No word at all on the frunk bench, which I really, really want to see. I hope it hasn’t gotten lost in OnTrac’s shambolic logistical nightmare.
 
I ordered the Lucid all-weather floor mats and the frunk bench on the same day. That was early January. Today I got a notification that the floor mats had shipped. No word at all on the frunk bench, which I really, really want to see. I hope it hasn’t gotten lost in OnTrac’s shambolic logistical nightmare.
Interesting. Website says Feb 28 for shipping of the all-weather floormats.
 
What happened to the Gravity Crossbars in the Lucid Strore?...they're gone again??
 
I spent a little time looking for a case for my hitch, since Lucid just delivered it in a heavy blue plastic bag that was awkward to handle. I found this on Amazon. It fits perfectly.


IMG_5419.webpIMG_5421.webp

Here’s the link:
 
I have to say, unlike in my Air, I do like the Lucid-branded all-weather floor mats that arrived today. They’re better formed than the all-weather floor mats for the Lucid Air, in that they have a higher lip on all sides. I believe I’ll stick with these and search no further.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6194.webp
    IMG_6194.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 159
  • IMG_6190.webp
    IMG_6190.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 142
  • IMG_6192.webp
    IMG_6192.webp
    2 MB · Views: 150
  • IMG_6191.webp
    IMG_6191.webp
    2 MB · Views: 144
Ah, thanks. Yeah, that Airman sealant is more than I paid for my little USB battery compressors. 😄 $28 for the 450ml bottle, $56 for the 620ml. Still cheaper than Lucid's but closer.

Maybe I'll get a bottle of that too just in case. I mainly wanted a compressor on the road just in case the pressure got a little low.
Beware:
I bought one from Amazon. Arrived yesterday and the expiration date was 2019. Product can't be retuned and I'm awaiting response from the seller.
 

Attachments

  • expired product.webp
    expired product.webp
    115.5 KB · Views: 181
What happened to the Gravity Crossbars in the Lucid Strore?...they're gone again??

I've pieced together the following which is probably mostly accurate...

The original crossbars had some issue with the pads (the pads that are placed on the roof to protect the roof from the crossbars).
They removed the crossbars from the store a couple of months ago while waiting for the manufacturer to produce a solution.
Once the manufacturer had a solution they put the crossbars back into the store but wouldn't let you order them.
Then in the store it switched to out of stock, but allowed you to pre-order them.
Then Lucid was supposed to send all the old crossbars they had back to the manufacturer for the pads to be replaced with the new ones ... however instead they accidentally sent some unfixed crossbars out to those who had pre-ordered the new version.
Then Lucid called those who were receiving the old versions incorrectly to tell them to not install them until either Lucid or the manufacturer had sent out new pads. Those people are still waiting for the pads so they can install the crossbars.
Then I presume to prevent a recurrence of the mistake they removed them again from the website to make sure nobody receives the old versions.

So basically things are waiting on the manufacturer to produce new versions of the pads, then the pads will be sent out to those who have the crossbars but haven't installed them yet, and the new pads will be swapped out for the inventory they do have, then the inventory will be shipped out to those who have pre-ordered the new versions and it will be put on sale again... or something like that.
Meanwhile we have crossbars that aren't installed and are awaiting the new pads to be shipped to us.
 
I've pieced together the following which is probably mostly accurate...

The original crossbars had some issue with the pads (the pads that are placed on the roof to protect the roof from the crossbars).
They removed the crossbars from the store a couple of months ago while waiting for the manufacturer to produce a solution.
Once the manufacturer had a solution they put the crossbars back into the store but wouldn't let you order them.
Then in the store it switched to out of stock, but allowed you to pre-order them.
Then Lucid was supposed to send all the old crossbars they had back to the manufacturer for the pads to be replaced with the new ones ... however instead they accidentally sent some unfixed crossbars out to those who had pre-ordered the new version.
Then Lucid called those who were receiving the old versions incorrectly to tell them to not install them until either Lucid or the manufacturer had sent out new pads. Those people are still waiting for the pads so they can install the crossbars.
Then I presume to prevent a recurrence of the mistake they removed them again from the website to make sure nobody receives the old versions.

So basically things are waiting on the manufacturer to produce new versions of the pads, then the pads will be sent out to those who have the crossbars but haven't installed them yet, and the new pads will be swapped out for the inventory they do have, then the inventory will be shipped out to those who have pre-ordered the new versions and it will be put on sale again... or something like that.
Meanwhile we have crossbars that aren't installed and are awaiting the new pads to be shipped to us.
wow...what sh1t show!
How are yours working @Ron_Burgundy ?
 
We have ours installed and they work fine. The pads do look a little funky/scrunched up.
 
FYI, I have gotten a few DMs for the center console bin files for those of you who have 3D printers so if anyone wants the files just let me know.
I can't seem to DM you, but I'd be interested in the STL files too please.
 
Cool. How easy is it to install/remove the crossbars?
Ask me in late March! These were dealer-installed at delivery. They come with a full instruction booklet though.
 
Any idea of range degradation with just the crossbars?
 
Back
Top