My original fob had worked without a problem since I got my GGT in September. I took my GGT in for service on March 12th and they replaced my fob - it was in the batch of ones flagged to be replaced because of falling off buttons. The new fob acted up a little bit right away after I got home, but I wasn't sure why. I didn't prioritize debugging the fob issues until right about when 3.5.1 was released. I figured out that the fob didn't have the current firmware and I updated it. Unfortunately, that didn't fix it. I updated my GGT to 3.5.1 and that didn't fix it. I replaced the battery in the fob and that didn't fix it. I rebooted my GGT and that didn't fix it.
Note: I'm still on 3.4.4.
I have issues with my key fobs since September 2025 delivery. Basically the very next day the car stopped responding to key fob presses. I would need to press the unlock 15+ times before car reacts. It's ok for me to spam unlock, but the lock is much bigger problem. If I press lock too many times in short time it might trigger panic and the car alarm would start. What I noticed is that the key fob is more reliable on auto-lock/unlock than button presses so I was using this most of the time. And this issue would just randomly go away for month or two and come back for a few weeks to a month. Soft/Hard car reboot, restarting the key fob (removing the battery, holding unlock), using new battery doesn't fix the issue. When the issue happened for the first time I later noticed that the car time was wrong so I was wondering if the issue might be cause by the time de-sync between the car and the fob. But in the most recent cases the time (at least in the car) was fine.
A few weeks ago I had a case where button presses wouldn't work, pressing the door handle same. Eventually after multiple tries it works. Car unlocks, I get in, close the door and the car shuts down with me inside (car locks all doors, screens turns off). It happened 3 times already. First time I opened the door using the physical door latch release which ended with a car blaring an alarm. Next two times I managed to unlock the car with the key fob.
Or it would not react and then queue multiple actions in a row after I pressed the door handle a few times. I would ten unlock and lock a few times. I reported some of the issues to SW feedback alias.
The biggest problem is that this issue comes and goes. Every time I had service appointment (including mobile) the issue magically goes away and it stays fine for a few weeks so they can't even diagnose it. And when the issue happens it affects both key fobs so maybe the issue is on the car side?
I'm on the newest firmware, but I still see big battery drain. After 2 weeks the battery dropped from 3.24V to just above 3V (but I'm an ignorant and maybe that's normal and it stabilizes there?). And the fobs sit in a drawer, in faraday pouch. Only leave it for an hour or so every few days.
I also have a problem when driving for 10-15 minutes (or longer), I get out of the car, and then get back in within a minute - the key fob is not recognized even though the car did not go to sleep and the fob was in my pocket, moving with me. It does not matter if I leave the driver's door open while I'm out of the GGT or not. Twice I was patient and waited 30-60 seconds before pulling out my key card or using the app. Both times, with me just sitting there waiting and shaking my head, the GGT recognized the fob and I was able to shift out of park.
I have something similar (I think?) since forever. If I drive and leave the car for a few minutes it would be sleeping. I doesn't react to my fob (auto-unlock or button presses), or door handle presses. But if I use the app it would either unlock right after waking up (detected the key fob presence), or I would need to unlock form the app. Every time after that the screens are black for 5-10 seconds and then immediately loads my profile (ignores easy entry).