Gravity 3.5.1

At this rate Lucid should plan to ship the Cosmos without fobs at all. Day one Key Card, Remote Start and PaaK 😅
If Lucid ships another car with problems opening doors or starting the vehicle, lots of people should get fired. But I'm optimistic that the fob fiasco of the Gravity launch has taught them a lesson.
 
At this rate Lucid should plan to ship the Cosmos without fobs at all. Day one Key Card, Remote Start and PaaK 😅
I believe that was the original plan for Gravity. But then when they realized that PAAK would not be ready by launch, they scrambled and sourced FOBs at last minute (thus why only one FOB per car except Dream Edition) and also so many FOB issues at launch as it was not supposed to originally have a FOB. Please note that this is speculation and not based on official Lucid statements but there was supposedly a Lucid statement during an interview stating the plan for no FOB at launch, thus the rampant speculation on follow on consequences when PAAK did not arrive as planned.

So, if Lucid doesn’t plan on having FOBs for Cosmos, they better be 100% sure PAAK is sorted out and ready. I would assume that Cosmos would be using same PAAK system as what is in our delayed arrival in Gravity. So if PAAK is still not delivered to Gravity within next six months, I would be sourcing FOBs for Cosmos ASAP.
 
Sent this to [email protected]

Sometimes my lucid fails to lock after I exit.

I suspect it is because the car sometimes think that the car is not in Park

Exhibit A automation works, though sometimes failed reporting the car was not in park.

It would helpful if lucid commands could run in background mode and provide external feedback so shortcut if command could be used when command succeeded or failed

Exhibit A iPhone shortcut automation
1774462485551.webp


IMG_0688.jpeg
 
Sent this to [email protected]

Sometimes my lucid fails to lock after I exit.

I suspect it is because the car sometimes think that the car is not in Park

Exhibit A automation works, though sometimes failed reporting the car was not in park.

It would helpful if lucid commands could run in background mode and provide external feedback so shortcut if command could be used when command succeeded or failed

Exhibit A iPhone shortcut automation
The Home Assistant automation can see the Gravity's current gear position as the entity sensor.[carname]_gear_position. You could create an automation to alert you if CarPlay disconnects and the car isn't in Park or something similar to test your theory about it being the gear position.
 
Sent this to [email protected]

Sometimes my lucid fails to lock after I exit.

I suspect it is because the car sometimes think that the car is not in Park

Exhibit A automation works, though sometimes failed reporting the car was not in park.

It would helpful if lucid commands could run in background mode and provide external feedback so shortcut if command could be used when command succeeded or failed

Exhibit A iPhone shortcut automationView attachment 37676


View attachment 37676
The Home Assistant automation can see the Gravity's current gear position as the entity sensor.[carname]_gear_position. You could create an automation to alert you if CarPlay disconnects and the car isn't in Park or something similar to test your theory about it being the gear position.
Pretty pathetic to have to go to these measures to get a damn car to lock! Can you imagine the Delivery Advisor? "Oh, let me help you set up an Apple Automation because we haven't figured out how to lock a car" or "Do you have Home Assistant? Because if you don't, you're shit out of luck on whether the car will lock 100% of the time or not"

The key fob debacle is becoming extremely tiresome!
 
The fob is driving me nuts since the update
The FOB drives me nuts all the time -- about once a week I need to take it apart and clean the battery. Always need to carry the card for back-up. Crazy. I've told Lucid repeatedly - it's common
 
I've disabled the proximity auto lock/unlock thing, first because I don't like it and second because it seems like it's quite unreliable. Now there's no way to lock the car without the fob, which is annoying. Yesterday, I pressed the lock button on the fob and... peanuts. There was no way I could lock the car. 🙄 Opening and closing the door again made the fob work.
 
🤷‍♂️ At the risk of jinxing mine, I wonder how common or rare fob issues are with Gravity. I've had no trouble at all with it, though with only a couple weeks' experience.
 
🤷‍♂️ At the risk of jinxing mine, I wonder how common or rare fob issues are with Gravity. I've had no trouble at all with it, though with only a couple weeks' experience.
I wonder that often too as I've never had fob issues. When I got my Gravity in December I disabled the auto lock/unlock feature but I've been using it lately and it has also worked for me every time.
 
I've disabled the proximity auto lock/unlock thing, first because I don't like it and second because it seems like it's quite unreliable. Now there's no way to lock the car without the fob...
Doesn't the Gravity also lock by pressing the extended door handle in? The Air does.
Yes, like the Air.
 
I've disabled the proximity auto lock/unlock thing, first because I don't like it and second because it seems like it's quite unreliable. Now there's no way to lock the car without the fob, which is annoying. Yesterday, I pressed the lock button on the fob and... peanuts. There was no way I could lock the car. 🙄 Opening and closing the door again made the fob work.
You can lock and unlock with the key card. Also you can lock and unlock it in the app.
 
🤷‍♂️ At the risk of jinxing mine, I wonder how common or rare fob issues are with Gravity. I've had no trouble at all with it, though with only a couple weeks' experience.
Same. Clearly it is not for some people, and that's not acceptable, but mine (since 3.4.X) update, has been about 99% reliable. Proximity unlock and all. Once in a blue moon, it doesn't lock the car as I walk away, but I'm just in the habit of watching and listening for the lock. That's something I would REALLY like for the Gravity, is to just sound a horn or chirp when it locks! An option to disable it if you don't like that, but I would totally keep that on and that way I'd know for sure without looking.
 
No, it only unlocks by pressing it. If it's popped out and you push it, nothing happens.
I what conditions does your car allow you to unlock by pressing? Mine has never worked this way.

Otherwise, the FOB has been pretty good most of the time.
 
If I'm next to it with the fob in my pocket and I press the handle, it unlocks just fine.
Is your car not set to present either the driver or all the door handles as you approach?
 
I've disabled the proximity thing. I don't like that.
Right on. I don't mind presenting the drivers side door handle, but I really dislike how I can't open the other doors if I'm standing next to them (with the keyfob in my pocket) by pressing on the handles -- to, say, let a passenger in first. Maybe this will be my solution?
 
No, it only unlocks by pressing it. If it's popped out and you push it, nothing happens.
You have to push the door handle all the way in. A light touch won't do it.
 
Back
Top