Gravity 3.5.1

P.S. 80+ mph speed decimates efficiency (plunged from 3.13 to around 2.99 mi/kWh), but that's expected
You got 2.99 mi/kWh over 80 mph? Was this all downhill? lol
 
My 48A charger holds 11kw for the entire charge. Maybe a hardware issue?
IMG_0685.webp
 
Yes - range spider - that was the term i was looking for. That is gone for me. Not that i've used it for travels yet but, it was an interesting insight.
I'll check in a few, but likely the update turned it off, in the Settings. It's available in the app, so I assume it's the same in the car.
 
I'll check in a few, but likely the update turned it off, in the Settings. It's available in the app, so I assume it's the same in the car.
What app are you referring to? Not the Lucid app - certainly not there
 
What app are you referring to? Not the Lucid app - certainly not there
Yes, the Lucid app also shows the range spider. Go to Location at the bottom of the app and then click the lightning bolt icon on the right side of the map.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4308.webp
    IMG_4308.webp
    195.4 KB · Views: 93
3.5.1 has made all my key fob woes come back. I tried a fob reset and a new battery. I only had the car for about a day (in and out of town), but the fob is less than 50% reliable for opening the car or starting it and I think it’s left the car unlocked when walking away every time so far. (Admittedly small sample size of maybe 4 trips). Anyone else having trouble?
 
Yes, the Lucid app also shows the range spider. Go to Location at the bottom of the app and then click the lightning bolt icon on the right side of the map.
Exactly!
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260322-211850.webp
    Screenshot_20260322-211850.webp
    99.9 KB · Views: 91
That’s because driving is terrifying. Even as an adult, you’re still at the wheel of a literal weapon. If almost *anything* goes wrong, or you don’t pay attention for the wrong 3 seconds, you or someone else might die.

That’s not crazy to be scared of, heh.

But, it’s also fun as hell and getting over your fears is worth it, so buck up. :p

And for all the others there’s Waymo..

..We take risks we don’t recognize every single day and the majority of that risk is outside our control. We just fool ourselves into a sense of comfort.
No, it's true
Unless you're an ice climber, driving is the most dangerous thing you do in your day, hands down.
But then hwy 17 is kinda fun like skiing: haul ass and avoid idiots.

Just took delivery of a 5seater Quantum Grey GGT (grey IS the new silver 🤪 !) and drove it over the hill on the 20/21's behind or in front of a pink Taycan for fun.
Put Sprint and the Handling pkg to the test: Double thumbs up!!
BTW Love the single tap 3 blinker thing.. Problem was though, the little speed limit sign on the cockpit panel was orange almost the whole way over!

I can see why you all love this car!
 
since the update my Fob has been sporadic again with unlocking and locking the car
 
since the update my Fob has been sporadic again with unlocking and locking the car
The key fob is still a problem. In the last version it was working fine then after a week or so it just randomly wouldn't lock the car, would unlock 100% of the time though. Now after the update it's back to working flawless again but I suspect in a week or two its old habits are going to creep back in and will start to become sporadic again.
 
Ha, not sure about elevation, but something tells me that FL is pretty flat :)
Also, worth noting is 80+ temp here this weekend
80s here in San Diego too but I'm sitting at 2.6 mi/kWh but on 22/23" wheels. I'm just not an efficient driver I guess lol
 
Last edited:
The key fob is still a problem. In the last version it was working fine then after a week or so it just randomly wouldn't lock the car, would unlock 100% of the time though. Now after the update it's back to working flawless again but I suspect in a week or two its old habits are going to creep back in and will start to become sporadic again.
Do you think these intermittent issues are because the way the SW tends to drain the fob battery?...or is there some glitchy hardware issue here??
 
since the update my Fob has been sporadic again with unlocking and locking the car
My original fob had worked without a problem since I got my GGT in September. I took my GGT in for service on March 12th and they replaced my fob - it was in the batch of ones flagged to be replaced because of falling off buttons. The new fob acted up a little bit right away after I got home, but I wasn't sure why. I didn't prioritize debugging the fob issues until right about when 3.5.1 was released. I figured out that the fob didn't have the current firmware and I updated it. Unfortunately, that didn't fix it. I updated my GGT to 3.5.1 and that didn't fix it. I replaced the battery in the fob and that didn't fix it. I rebooted my GGT and that didn't fix it.

I do have auto lock/unlock enabled as it worked flawlessly for me with my old fob (yes, I know, I'm very lucky). As part of my testing, when the fob was not recognized and the GGT did not auto unlock, I pressed the unlock button on the fob and the doors would unlock. However, even though I used the fob to unlock the doors, I could not shift out of P as the GGT did not recognize the fob as being present.

I also have a problem when driving for 10-15 minutes (or longer), I get out of the car, and then get back in within a minute - the key fob is not recognized even though the car did not go to sleep and the fob was in my pocket, moving with me. It does not matter if I leave the driver's door open while I'm out of the GGT or not. Twice I was patient and waited 30-60 seconds before pulling out my key card or using the app. Both times, with me just sitting there waiting and shaking my head, the GGT recognized the fob and I was able to shift out of park.

At this point, I think I have found a workaround for the initial detection issue - if I wake the GGT up and turn on the HVAC at least a few minutes before I want to drive, the GGT recognizes the fob without hesitation. Caveat - that success is based on a very small sample size of just 4 and it does not fix where I'm driving, get out, and quickly get back in.

Two steps forward, one step back, and more bug reporting to Lucid.
 
Do you think these intermittent issues are because the way the SW tends to drain the fob battery?...or is there some glitchy hardware issue here??
No, because my car had come back from service and had fobs updated \ batteries replaced etc. and was still acting up. It's not a battery issue, something else weird is going on.
 
CarPlay is fantastic for Waze and texting. I don’t need it for anything else but love it for those.

In car routing is terrible in our Lucid, Tesla and Rivian, so having CarPlay means I can have Waze on my screen versus my phone on my lap.
 
CarPlay is fantastic for Waze and texting. I don’t need it for anything else but love it for those.

In car routing is terrible in our Lucid, Tesla and Rivian, so having CarPlay means I can have Waze on my screen versus my phone on my lap.

Lucid's nav routing is just so bad sometimes here, if I could ditch it completely I would. We go up to L.A. and Anaheim a lot and I'll set the nav for final destinations that I haven't been to but have a vague idea of how to get there and it always goes weird ways and wants me to get off and then back on the freeway to save time (which never does). I had a lot of the same problems in the Tesla X but the Lucid's is definitely worse.

We went up to Beverly Hills to see a movie in a 90 year old theater in February and the nav didn't have it in the system, my wife had to pull out her phone and look up the actual address for the nav.
 
Lucid's nav routing is just so bad sometimes here, if I could ditch it completely I would. We go up to L.A. and Anaheim a lot and I'll set the nav for final destinations that I haven't been to but have a vague idea of how to get there and it always goes weird ways and wants me to get off and then back on the freeway to save time (which never does). I had a lot of the same problems in the Tesla X but the Lucid's is definitely worse.

We went up to Beverly Hills to see a movie in a 90 year old theater in February and the nav didn't have it in the system, my wife had to pull out her phone and look up the actual address for the nav.
I haven't had a lot of luck with any nav system when navigating in an area I know. Nav systems are routinely right-turn oriented and often the algorithm does not know the best way - perhaps the mathematically least number of miles, but not the simplest - but I haven't found Lucid's to be any worse than others. When I'm somewhere I am not familiar with, I don't know if it the "best" way, but I haven't found it to lead me astray.

HOWEVER, I don't travel allot by car, so don't have the experiences of some on this forum. I know it is better than a map or trip-tik!
 
Back
Top