Gravity 3.5.1

Has anyone been able to get Gemini to work as the digital assistant within Android Auto (AA) instead of the traditional digital assistant which doesn't chat?
I have Gemini set as the default digital assistant on my phone, but it's not carrying over to AA.
"You can have a free-flowing, natural conversation with Gemini when you tap Microphone on the screen and say, “Let’s talk Live.”"
I'll go try it in mine
 
I pressed the microphone button on the steering wheel when AA was running and Gemini came up, even if I said "hey Lucid"
My car is able to make the distinction between the two assistants. However, the Google Assistant is the basic one, not Gemini.

Were you able to start a continous chat or have to say "Hey Google" for each question?
 
My car is able to make the distinction between the two assistants. However, the Google Assistant is the basic one, not Gemini.

Were you able to start a continous chat or have to say "Hey Google" for each question?
Good point about GA vs Gemini. I didn't, I just said "hey Lucid" 😂
 
first time today since I have the gravity that all my screens were just black. Since I had to get the dogs into the car and and change after a run, I probably waited like 8-10minutes and still black. Car didnt do anything. I did hard reboot with 20seconds holding brake and the two buttons. No audible chime or so .. but after like a minute car finally booted up. got like a headlamp error but went away and car worked. So that was interesting.

I am sorry I am not sure if someone else mentioned this already but my spotify via carplay keeps pausing .. like to the point where I just use the spotify from the car itself. in carplay it seems super random .. plays 10minutes without problem and then it just keeps pausing every 10seconds or so. then works again for longer time .. anyone exerpienced this? I feel this might have to do with some dreamdrive chimes or so but it doesnt fully match up
 
"You can have a free-flowing, natural conversation with Gemini when you tap Microphone on the screen and say, “Let’s talk Live.”"
I'll go try it in mine
I get a message about chatting live is only available for users opted into Gemini for home and for certain subscription plans".
 
My car is able to make the distinction between the two assistants. However, the Google Assistant is the basic one, not Gemini.

Were you able to start a continous chat or have to say "Hey Google" for each question?
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260321-164051.webp
    Screenshot_20260321-164051.webp
    41.9 KB · Views: 168
Yep. It says that in the update notes or somewhere.
Been doing that, but Gemini is not responding.
The traditional GA is responding.
 
I get a message about chatting live is only available for users opted into Gemini for home and for certain subscription plans".
Same here, only Google Assistant, and I am thoroughly subscribed to Google Gemini.
 
I get a message about chatting live is only available for users opted into Gemini for home and for certain subscription plans".
Not a big deal.
Until I find the solution, I'll just start Gemini on my phone and do the chat via Bluetooth audio.
 
Same here, only Google Assistant, and I am thoroughly subscribed to Google Gemini.
A paid subscription?
If so, I would think it should be working for you.
 
For long distance driving it is unusable without charging routes, therefore it's functionally a fail.
It's a map. It's fine. I literally just used it today to drive 150 miles and I don't need routing to chargers all the time. I don't even need charger routing for long trips as I'm good with other ways of routing. Maybe go buy some other car that does what you want...
 
For long distance driving it is unusable without charging routes, therefore it's functionally a fail.
Lucid like many automakers never promised this functionality so if it’s so critical to you then you need to stick with the limited number of models available with this feature.

Not like you can’t use the cars built in navigation that plans charging stops automatically for you.
 
Looks like whenever Gemini comes to our version of Android Auto it may provide the functionality that some owners have missed since Alexa was removed.

I especially like items #4 and #5.

I suppose this explains the AI enhancement coming to the Lucid Assistant even more.

 
Last edited:
I hate CarPlay and think it has no place in vehicles of this price point when they now have native apps and connectivity integrated directly into the car. So i'm hoping when people see how outdated it looks and with its big ass icons people may turn to the dark side and just use the native UI. Very wishful thinking on my part though :p
couldn't disagree with you more. I don't see the the 'big ass icons' that you so criticize! Granted, I'm android Auto, not Apple but, I feel my ride in the GGT is nearing complete satifaction w/ recent updates not the least of which being Android Auto.
 
couldn't disagree with you more. I don't see the the 'big ass icons' that you so criticize! Granted, I'm android Auto, not Apple but, I feel my ride in the GGT is nearing complete satifaction w/ recent updates not the least of which being Android Auto.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Just as I’m not going to convince you it’s horrible you’re not going to convince me it’s the greatest thing since sliced bread.

If I wanted to use CarPlay 100% I certainly wouldn’t have spent $150K on a car when I could’ve just gotten a Honda for a fraction of the cost 🤷‍♂️. It’s one of the reasons I’m so critical of Lucid delivering on the software features they promised. If things just worked out the gate and delivered on the things they actually promised then they wouldn’t have had people being so vocal about wanting CP/AA.

Yes, you hear about Tesla and Rivian owners wanting it but in general they’re quite happy with the native UX/UI because they’re software focused companies. The only reason Tesla is considering adding it now is because they’re desperate for sales.
 
Last edited:
I wanted a GGT for the way it drives...not going to get the same experience in a Prologue!
Never heard a TIDAL/Atmos track yet, but having apparently "lossless" Apple music blaring through so many speakers while glancing at iMaps via CarPlay is going to be a plus for me

Is it possible to have Maps up in CP and put the native HERE map on the lower Pilot screen?
 
I wanted a GGT for the way it drives...not going to get the same experience in a Prologue!
Never heard a TIDAL/Atmos track yet, but having apparently "lossless" Apple music blaring through so many speakers while glancing at iMaps via CarPlay is going to be a plus for me

Is it possible to have Maps up in CP and put the native HERE map on the lower Pilot screen?
Yes, I believe so, but you can only use navigation in one of the two.
Tidal, even in not Atmos mode, sounds better than all other streaming services imo, I think it's worth the extra subscription.
 
Yes, I believe so, but you can only use navigation in one of the two.
Tidal, even in not Atmos mode, sounds better than all other streaming services imo, I think it's worth the extra subscription.
Yes. @notchev has a youtube video about the two navigation screens at same time. I like the native map interaction (and charger info) much better but don’t trust its point to point routing especially when there’s traffic (it tells me to take weird detours, same on my Air as well). But you can’t route on both CP and native navigation simultaneously. Will have to see how to toggle things to get a good routine on place.
 
Back
Top