Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love that. Eugene had said my VIN would not be assigned until 5/20. I wonder though how cancellations play part in this?
That's interesting, there must a big gap between the latest Red/Santa Cruz January 5th VIN assignment and yours. My comment was based on the only other Red/Black/White/Santa Cruz Nov-Jan car was assigned a VIN today.

That's interesting, there must a big gap between the latest Red/Santa Cruz January 5th VIN assignment and yours. My comment was based on the only other Red/Black/White/Santa Cruz Nov-Jan car was assigned a VIN today.
Yeah, I get it. It seems like I should be up to bat. I have lost confidence in my DA, so I am just trying to chill (Not my usual style). Perhaps he will get around to sending me the "Gift" he promised a couple of weeks ago. I can always use a cheap pencil. :)

Chilling

Attachments

• CE5DEC95-7152-483B-BFDC-07E50967603D.jpeg
    CE5DEC95-7152-483B-BFDC-07E50967603D.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 155

When are you inviting us to your pad? Looks nice!

I’m in LA for the next two weeks. Test driving the Lucid in Torrance tomorrow. Then drinking copious amounts of wine in Paso Robles this weekend. It’s just torture waiting for my car. :D

When are you inviting us to your pad? Looks nice!

I’m in LA for the next two weeks. Test driving the Lucid in Torrance tomorrow. Then drinking copious amounts of wine in Paso Robles this weekend. It’s just torture waiting for my car. :D
I travel to Torrance (the South Bay) a lot. LIved in Manhattan Beach for 25 years. I like the Lucid showroom in Torrance, lots of good people there. If you need any suggestions for places to eat, let me know.

You misread what I am saying. I wish it were true. I am just saying there is absolutely no way that they will get to March confirmations and deliver them by early June. it would take a “festivus miracle” for them to do that. The only way they could get to a March order is to skip all the others prior to March and start producing the March ones today. Even then, a 2-1/2 timeline is a unicorn, pipe Dream. It is not anger or frustration, it is just the realistic state of things in the plant. They have supply chain constraints (not talking about paint) and general plant throughput slowness where they are producing about 10 cars per day. Until they can prove that they have scaled-up, that timeline is just not realistic.

I’m into festivus. The airing of grievances is a highlight.

As Lucid gets more up to speed, the timeline for car delivery from the time of confirmation will come closer to the 2 to 4 month timeline they’ve promised. I’m guessing that it’s just around the corner, though color and interior choice may still play a significant role. And supply chain issues will still throw in random monkey wrenches.

Back in January in our first conversation, my DA said “March to May” for receiving my car. I think we might be on track. @RichMallon confirmed a month after me, and he’ll probably receive his car the same time I will. So, believe it or not, the timelines are indeed shrinking.

Do you have some inside knowledge about plant operations and where they are with scaling up? Casa Grande needs to produce 60 to 80 cars a day, or else Lucid will find it difficult to be a going concern. Anyone who doesn’t believe Lucid can do that before they burn through all their cash and through the patience of the PIF should not be ordering an Air.

Beautiful! Same color combo I’m going for. Congrats!

Received the call today, I have my VIN! Red, Santa Cruz, with 19". Confirmed December 28th.

DA said I should expect to get at Millbrae first week of June. I will probably fly out take delivery and store locally for the two weeks to the 24th. Will buy a fully refundable ticket.

Received the call today, I have my VIN! Red, Santa Cruz, with 19". Confirmed December 28th.

DA said I should expect to get at Millbrae first week of June. I will probably fly out take delivery and store locally for the two weeks to the 24th. Will buy a fully refundable ticket.
Congrats!

Inthin
I think that is me. I think they go by my original reservation date of Feb 1, yes, confirmed in late March after upgrading from Touring to GT. I might be an outlier in terms of that because I upgraded from T to GT?

That’s awesome, congrats! When was your order confirmed?

You have to get the Grand Dame for that occasion.🥂

Congrats!
Thanks, just bummed I can’t drive it. Arrived without temporary registration or any paperwork. They say they will fedex overnight. We’ll see. Also, left front turn signal not functioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back