Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW Those who confirmed late March have been given delivery timeframe of early June for non-gray.
Two and a half months? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

If they're producing the March confirmation orders, that'd mean they've essentially caught to current orders.
They aren’t producing March orders. They are probably told that their car is “in production“ like I was back in February. it just means it is on a spreadsheet somewhere. They will NOT deliver a March confirmation in 2-1/2 months - GUARANTEED.

They aren’t producing March orders. They are probably told that their car is “in production“ like I was back in February. it just means it is on a spreadsheet somewhere. They will NOT deliver a March confirmation in 2-1/2 months - GUARANTEED.

I think you misread what I am saying. If they're delivering March orders in June, that means they believe they can get through all non-delayed orders before it. I know you're frustrated and angry at Lucid. I understand your frustration, but there isn't a need to shoot down everyone being optimistic.

Oh yeah. I was at Milbrae last Friday, and it was packed.
I went to Millbrae around the middle of March on a Sun (around noon) for a test drive. The place was deserted and there were more Lucid employees than potential customers. Looks like things have changed dramatically.

when did you confirm your order? Just wondering if the times have decreased between confirmations and vin assignments.

Red/Santa-Cruz/19" : I confirmed 1/5/22 and my VIN was assigned 4/18/22 - roughly 3.5 months from confirmation to VIN assignment.

I think you misread what I am saying. If they're delivering March orders in June, that means they believe they can get through all non-delayed orders before it. I know you're frustrated and angry at Lucid. I understand your frustration, but there isn't a need to shoot down everyone being optimistic.
You misread what I am saying. I wish it were true. I am just saying there is absolutely no way that they will get to March confirmations and deliver them by early June. it would take a “festivus miracle” for them to do that. The only way they could get to a March order is to skip all the others prior to March and start producing the March ones today. Even then, a 2-1/2 timeline is a unicorn, pipe Dream. It is not anger or frustration, it is just the realistic state of things in the plant. They have supply chain constraints (not talking about paint) and general plant throughput slowness where they are producing about 10 cars per day. Until they can prove that they have scaled-up, that timeline is just not realistic.

FWIW Those who confirmed late March have been given delivery timeframe of early June for non-gray.
I think that is me. I think they go by my original reservation date of Feb 1, yes, confirmed in late March after upgrading from Touring to GT. I might be an outlier in terms of that because I upgraded from T to GT?

I think that is me. I think they go by my original reservation date of Feb 1, yes, confirmed in late March after upgrading from Touring to GT. I might be an outlier in terms of that because I upgraded from T to GT?
Not sure if you’re necessarily an outlier. From my discussion with Lucid, once you confirm, that’s your new date. Reservation dates go out the window.

Not sure if you’re necessarily an outlier. From my discussion with Lucid, once you confirm, that’s your new date. Reservation dates go out the window.
Hmmm. Either way, not sure how much that matters since I ordered Grey.

Looking back at the tracker, curious why so few blacks and whites have been delivered and so many reds.

Looking back at the tracker, curious why so few blacks and whites have been delivered and so many reds.
Probably because they didn't start VINS for black until late Mar and most of the whites had Santa Cruz interior which were delayed

Right forgot about the santa cruz. And I suppose there were relatively few black reservations so the more popular red color was prioritized.

Probably because they didn't start VINS for black until late Mar and most of the whites had Santa Cruz interior which were delayed

FWIW I have reached out to several owners in the black / white category and despite VIN assignment a while ago, they are mostly still waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back