Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that case and for purely selfish reasons, we had better hope that the BBB never passes in its current guise. That $7500 federal tax credit is a pretty nice incentive for me to switch from Tesla to Lucid.

Call your congressman or congresswoman.

To tell the truth, I am not versed on everything that is in the plan. A lousy 7.5 k is not enough to sway me if I see merit in the plan. I just don't know enough about where they left it... Still it seems as if it is dead.

I wish I had an idea of how many GTs were ordered. We may not have enough folks in the tracker to guesstimate their production. The gave 9 VINS in February , 26 VINS in March , and so far 14 VINS in April. It has been 5 or 6 days since a VIN was issued, so I think we are due for another 6-8 VINS pretty quick.... Or they have had more production issues?

I’m the other one with a Dec. 2019 gray reservation. Still no VIN and no update from my DA in several weeks, though admittedly I have not contacted him either in that time.

I wish I had an idea of how many GTs were ordered. We may not have enough folks in the tracker to guesstimate their production. The gave 9 VINS in February , 26 VINS in March , and so far 14 VINS in April. It has been 5 or 6 days since a VIN was issued, so I think we are due for another 6-8 VINS pretty quick.... Or they have had more production issues?
If Lucid only issued 49 VIN’s Jan-March that looks like a huge slow down in production…..

If Lucid only issued 49 VIN’s Jan-March that looks like a huge slow down in production…..

Keep it mind we are limited to only what is reported to us. Another issue is getting people to come back and report updates for the sake of others. I noticed a lot of people will report their car or report their VIN and then forget completely about the forum post-delivery.

I've seen 20-30 deliveries made on Facebook and Twitter which weren't reported here.

I hope your not basing a slowdown on the small sample size from this board?

Keep it mind we are limited to only what is reported to us. Another issue is getting people to come back and report updates for the sake of others. I noticed a lot of people will report their car or report their VIN and then forget completely about the forum post-delivery.

I've seen 20-30 deliveries made on Facebook and Twitter which weren't reported h

This based on our tracker. We all know that Lucid is tight-lipped about any real production figures.

I am basing it on the tracker. Lucid is not publishing numbers and even on the investor's call was quite vague.
In my opinion, making the assumption of a slowdown because of the tracker, is a real stretch.

In my opinion, making the assumption of a slowdown because of the tracker, is a real stretch.
Steve, this whole thread is in the context of this tracker. A better sample size would be better, but this is what we got. Making sense of it is iffy with a just over 100 sample, but if we see large gaps, we have enough to suggest that deliveries are slowed down for whatever reason, so not a real stretch in my opinion and based off my background in statistics.

It looks like your comparing full months of data for Jan-Mar but only a half month in April?

I feel bad posting this given how long people have been waiting with the delays / issues. I was VERY fortunate enough that a cancellation / order change came up while the car was either en route to the SC or at the SC and needed a new owner.

I did say I didn’t want to cut in front of anyone and was told this wasn’t the case so I’m assuming it was a case of just sheer luck. I picked up a Zenith Red / Santa Cruz on Friday. The car is amazing and still getting used to everything. Booked in for full PPF and Ceramic Coating next week.

For those who aren’t hard set on your configurations, I’d reach out to your DA and see if you can go on a list to be contacted in the event someone cancels. I said I was willing to consider changing the spec if something came up but was just fortunate enough to get the configuration I ordered.

The other week my original order was 11 vehicles away from being assigned a VIN so guessing it’s now come off the production line and been assigned to someone else.

I feel bad posting this given how long people have been waiting with the delays / issues. I was VERY fortunate enough that a cancellation / order change came up while the car was either en route to the SC or at the SC and needed a new owner.

I did say I didn’t want to cut in front of anyone and was told this wasn’t the case so I’m assuming it was a case of just sheer luck. I picked up a Zenith Red / Santa Cruz on Friday. The car is amazing and still getting used to everything. Booked in for full PPF and Ceramic Coating next week.

For those who aren’t hard set on your configurations, I’d reach out to your DA and see if you can go on a list to be contacted in the event someone cancels. I said I was willing to consider changing the spec if something came up but was just fortunate enough to get the configuration I ordered.

The other week my original order was 11 vehicles away from being assigned a VIN so guessing it’s now come off the production line and been assigned to someone else.

Thanks for the update, and congratulations on your new vehicle!

Congrats! I ordered same car with 19"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back