Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

The Lucid car covers are available from Lucid at store.lucidmotors.com.

update for tracker. agt qg mohave

confirmed 3/29
vin 9/11
delivery to home in bradenton fl 9/17
gap between left rear panel and rear window, so much for enhanced ppi
My GT will be delivered to my home on Thursday. I asked my DA if there are serious enough issues upon delivery, can I just refuse to accept delivery? She never replied.. Personally, if I had this issue, I'll have them take it back since I will not be driving around a 150k car with a panel gap issue as obvious as this.

And I thought Tesla's body issues were bad...

My GT will be delivered to my home on Thursday. I asked my DA if there are serious enough issues upon delivery, can I just refuse to accept delivery? She never replied.. Personally, if I had this issue, I'll have them take it back since I will not be driving around a 150k car with a panel gap issue as obvious as this.

When the car is delivered, you will have the opportunity to inspect it yourself. If there is something you are dissatisfied with , you may ask/ insist they fix it before you accept the vehicle.

Most cars probably will not have such an uneven panel gap upon delivery and this may have been bad luck/ poor QC.

When the car is delivered, you will have the opportunity to inspect it yourself. If there is something you are dissatisfied with , you may ask/ insist they fix it before you accept the vehicle.

Most cars probably will not have such an uneven panel gap upon delivery and this may have been bad luck/ poor QC.
Or alternatively, you can accept the vehicle with whatever defects it may or may not have and then have them repair when they can. They are apparently very responsive in these situations.

Your DA didn't answer because you can refuse delivery. I told my DA some time ago that I would refuse delivery if there were serious, cosmetic flaws as well any safety and security flaws (cracked windshield, lights don't work as intended, can't lock or unlock doors, not drivable, etc.) and he didn't say I couldn't do that.

Good point. I kept debating if I was gonna stay with Cosmos or not but wanted to have the vehicle this year. Looks like at least 2 individuals got their VINs for Cosmos recently. The people who ordered tourings or pures should be able to get their color choice without an extended delay. I don't know why I waited soo long to switch. It's just a color.
You waited that long, because I am sure your DA or SA probably told you would get your car in July or August. When I was told specifically that by my SA, I accepted a cancelled Red/Tahoe and received my car in late April, because I had already sold my Porsche and did not want to wait that long.

If you did not have the situation I had, I can see it made sense for you to wait and get the color you want. Unfortunately, what we were told by our SA's and reality did not coincide.

Just got a email saying the my GT should be at the Seattle Service Center today. My DA asked for expedited Inspection since I am wiring the funds today. Whoo hoo, getting closer and closer evert day!

I just wanted to share that my GT VIN was received on Sept 7th, came out of productions on Thursday, Sept. 15th, was shipped to Seattle on Saturday, Sept. 17th and is scheduled to arrive there today, Sept 19th. That is a pretty fast timeline. Looks to me that Lucid is really getting its act together!

You waited that long, because I am sure your DA or SA probably told you would get your car in July or August. When I was told specifically that by my SA, I accepted a cancelled Red/Tahoe and received my car in late April, because I had already sold my Porsche and did not want to wait that long.

If you did not have the situation I had, I can see it made sense for you to wait and get the color you want. Unfortunately, what we were told by our SA's and reality did not coincide.
Yeah we also got the whole July/August timeline spiel from our DA back in May, still holding out for the silver since we don't urgently need the car. Kinda getting concerned hearing about the 12v issue however. How common is it?

I just got my sales agreement. How soon should my car arrive. And of course my DA didn’t even call me.

I just wanted to share that my GT VIN was received on Sept 7th, came out of productions on Thursday, Sept. 15th, was shipped to Seattle on Saturday, Sept. 17th and is scheduled to arrive there today, Sept 19th. That is a pretty fast timeline. Looks to me that Lucid is really getting its act together!
That was .... ⏩ on steroids. Guess the haulers are busy ... Congratulations.

Reactions: DJL
Yeah we also got the whole July/August timeline spiel from our DA back in May, still holding out for the silver since we don't urgently need the car. Kinda getting concerned hearing about the 12v issue however. How common is it?
To be honest , it is difficult to really get a handle on the number or percentage of people who have experienced 12v failures, although a few people on this forum have had that unfortunate experience. A poll is being done but I am not sure if that will give a true number. What I do know is the overwhelming majority of people have not experienced this ( although that doesn’t lessen the significance for those who have ). In addition, from my somewhat limited knowledge , 12v failures also happen in other EVs.

On a positive note, hopefully by the time you get your car, this will be a non- issue ( fingers crossed ).

I worry about it when I drive and I worried about it before I took delivery. That being said, I am very happy that I went forward with the purchase.

Why does the sales agreement say the car has 200 miles on it?
I don’t know?? Mine said 100 miles and it didn’t have that. Perhaps it’s a typo.

I just got my sales agreement. How soon should my car arrive. And of course my DA didn’t even call me.
It probably varies, I signed my agreement via docusign on Aug 20, wired the money the following business day , and got my car on Sept 6. Pretty fast .

For the tracker......AGT/QG/Mohave/21"
9/9: Got email from my DA that my car was entering "end of line" production
9/18: Got "financing" email
9/19: VIN assigned

Expected delivery around mid-Oct but will get a better delivery estimate next week sometime

Wow. Not too many holes left in that tracker for GTs. Lots of silvers, obviously. But we're getting much closer to filling that sucker.

Congrats to everyone. And bring on the Touring!

Back