GPS not functioning

This one needs no explanation !! Lucid flying over the Atlantic Ocean on approach to FLL for a landing. And yes! both the pilot and copilot touched the re-center several times.
I knew that the AGT has hovercraft capabilities! I feel like that every time I drive it, but now I know it can go airborne!

No, requires a cable to be unplugged behind the rear seat for a few minutes, then reconnected and rebooted
Thanks for the info. I have reported my GPS / NAV being stuck since last week, and awaiting a response on what they will do. Since I am on the latest update I suggested the 2.0 update might solve it...did they mention a software update in your case? Unplugging the cable and plugging it back in seems reasonably easy, but not something they'd want me to do, I imagine. Nearest service center is 400 miles, so just wondering.

Strange, just today my GPS and key fob stopped working. Tried rebooting, etc with no change. Can only get in the car with valet card. Let me know what you learn, I have had NO issues like this until today.

Strange, just today my GPS and key fob stopped working. Tried rebooting, etc with no change. Can only get in the car with valet card. Let me know what you learn, I have had NO issues like this until today.
Key fob might be battery. Swap it.

The service center was able to quickly get my GPS functioning again. That happened with update 1.2.20 installed. It lost its fix again with update 1.2.21, but managed to refind it after 24 hours.

Last edited:
Does it think you’re at some prior location? Seems to be a bug in last update (prior to 2.02). I’ve reported it but expect it will go away with next pending update. My key fob still works.

Does it think you’re at some prior location? Seems to be a bug in last update (prior to 2.02). I’ve reported it but expect it will go away with next pending update. My key fob still works.
Yeah, location is stuck at my house. Checked the battery in my fob and it tests fine. Probably a separate issue. Hopefully 2.x is coming soon! Will probably wait for that before trying to to sort it out with service.

Someone here mentioned this problem was solved when service disconnected and reconnected a wire under the drivers seat, but I agree, 2.0x should do it. My car has been stuck in Dubuque long enough!

I just had the same issue today. Everything was fine until I needed to use the Navigation to get to an address in MA. Although there was a route plotted (with a stop added) from my home in NH to MA destination, the turn-by-turn kept telling me how to get out of my driveway and the arrow locator never moved. I tried several reboots with no resolution. The car was left in MA for a couple days today, but when I opened the app this evening, it shows -0..0000, -0.0000 with an arrow to the upper right, but the map graphic show it still in my driveway. I'll contact Customer Service this evening - they already have a list growing for a visit in the near future.

This is something that cannot be reset virtually? TIA.
No, requires a cable to be unplugged behind the rear seat for a few minutes, then reconnected and rebooted

Note: The above is copyied and pasted from a prior post (quoting didn't work)...

Since around 1.2.19 I've had my car location thinking it's stuck 400 miles away. I reported it 10/7/22 and was told it would be "escalated immediately", which didn't seem necessary, but ok, thanks. Unfortunately, no "escalation" took place. A few days ago I reported it again after waiting to see if the recent 2.0 beta updates (i'm in the group that got it) fixed it. NADA. Used the texting feature in the app to reach service today and that got some answers. Apparently, the car has something called a "Telematics Control Unit" (TCU), which, if reset, may solve the problem of the stuck GPS / NAV. Seems to require a service visit, though, so now waiting to hear when that will be scheduled.

Note: The above is copyied and pasted from a prior post (quoting didn't work)...

Since around 1.2.19 I've had my car location thinking it's stuck 400 miles away. I reported it 10/7/22 and was told it would be "escalated immediately", which didn't seem necessary, but ok, thanks. Unfortunately, no "escalation" took place. A few days ago I reported it again after waiting to see if the recent 2.0 beta updates (i'm in the group that got it) fixed it. NADA. Used the texting feature in the app to reach service today and that got some answers. Apparently, the car has something called a "Telematics Control Unit" (TCU), which, if reset, may solve the problem of the stuck GPS / NAV. Seems to require a service visit, though, so now waiting to hear when that will be scheduled.
Yes, this is happening to me on 2.0.12, mobile service will reset it for me as they’re fixing some other things Monday. FWIW texting with Lucid support was great, responded in 2 minutes at 7:30 AM on a Saturday. These people are pros, this isn’t some “please call back during normal business hours” type thing. I get surprised whenever I hear any complaints about service because in my experience they’ve been outstanding and texting gets a response pretty fast, longest I’ve waited is 45 minutes and they apologized profusely for being very busy even though I wasn’t irritated.

i think this is one of those situations where YMMV...my texting conversation described above seemed helpful but they didn't follow up when they said they would (by 2 days later), so when that period passed I contacted them for 3rd time - what was easy for you was not for me, and when I did finally get offered a service appointment it was for "when we have a van out there" 6 days later, a full 19 days from the first request. I'm 400 miles from Goose Island, but to wait 19 days for service is still a bit on the long side. The Nav issue sounds like a common one now, and I've lived with it easily enough (though haven't been able to enjoy the new features of 2.012). Hopefully, the TCU unit reset is a one time thing or can be done by a local shop next time if needed.

i think this is one of those situations where YMMV...my texting conversation described above seemed helpful but they didn't follow up when they said they would (by 2 days later), so when that period passed I contacted them for 3rd time - what was easy for you was not for me, and when I did finally get offered a service appointment it was for "when we have a van out there" 6 days later, a full 19 days from the first request. I'm 400 miles from Goose Island, but to wait 19 days for service is still a bit on the long side. The Nav issue sounds like a common one now, and I've lived with it easily enough (though haven't been able to enjoy the new features of 2.012). Hopefully, the TCU unit reset is a one time thing or can be done by a local shop next time if needed.
Yeah I wish I knew which cable it was (there’s many) and how to unplug it, I’d just do it myself. To actually schedule my mobile visit was 2 weeks, but I’m an hour from their temporary service location and I’ve heard they’re pretty busy. If it was a disabling/safety problem I’m sure they would have just towed the car, they probably just have to triage issues since there’s definitely not enough service centers yet.

Maybe you could stop in at the service center one morning day if you let them know youre not in a hurry and bring a box of doughnuts and red bull?. It only took about two minutes when the tech did mine.

I fixed this issue couple weeks ago by service team support but it just happened again. The car location is stuck in my home location. I pinged service team again.. but this bug is so frustrating.

I fixed this issue couple weeks ago by service team support but it just happened again. The car location is stuck in my home location. I pinged service team again.. but this bug is so frustrating.
Did you try the Bobby reset (log out off profile and info guest?)

Back