GPS / location not working, stuck

christopherwong

Cars
Air Grand Touring
Just took delivery of my Lucid Air Grand Touring today.

My GPS/Navigation can’t seem to find my current location and seems to think my car is stuck at Lucid HQ in Newark, California. I’ve tried hard/soft resets as well as a full factory reset, but the car just won’t find my current location.

software version: 1.2.7

In the app, my car defaults to the middle of the Atlantic Ocean as it takes the default 0.0000,-0,0000 coordinates.

Just took delivery of my Lucid Air Grand Touring today.

My GPS/Navigation can’t seem to find my current location and seems to think my car is stuck at Lucid HQ in Newark, California. I’ve tried hard/soft resets as well as a full factory reset, but the car just won’t find my current location.

software version: 1.2.7

In the app, my car defaults to the middle of the Atlantic Ocean as it takes the default 0.0000,-0,0000 coordinates.
Damn, saw your post on Reddit. Only thing to do is contact Customer Service and get a tech to run diagnostics. If after 2 resets I fear a module got fubared

I was stuck in the middle of a lagoon this evening but after I stopped to run an errand the nav fixed itself (I guess after a reset) 🤷‍♂️

I let my car sit on the charger for about 12 hours overnight and the car seems to have reverted to software version 1.2.5 and GPS seems to be working again. Talked to Customer Support last night and they couldn’t see an issue. Things are working again this morning.

I let my car sit on the charger for about 12 hours overnight and the car seems to have reverted to software version 1.2.5 and GPS seems to be working again. Talked to Customer Support last night and they couldn’t see an issue. Things are working again this morning.
It auto reverted to an older version of the software?

Doubly strange as 1.2.5 was never an official release to my knowledge. Went from 1.2.1 to 1.2.6.
Yea...1.2.5 was up and gor chopped lol. OP are you sure you are on 1.2.5 OS on the car? Not the app?

Yea...1.2.5 was up and gor chopped lol. OP are you sure you are on 1.2.5 OS on the car? Not the app?
Yup, car was definitely on 1.2.5 (displayed on my Pilot Panel About screen) but Customer Service thought it was on 1.2.7. They pushed 1.2.7 again and it updated.

It auto reverted to an older version of the software?
Either that or there’s a software glitch displaying version. 1.2.5 on delivery, woke up the next morning, 1.2.7 displayed, but wasn’t actually running 1.2.7 according to service until they pushed the update manually

After my update to 1.2.7, my GPS is no longer stuck in one place! Don’t have any bass from my sound system and proximity lock/unlock with my app still seems a little flakey, but we’re making good progress here :)

Yup, car was definitely on 1.2.5 (displayed on my Pilot Panel About screen) but Customer Service thought it was on 1.2.7. They pushed 1.2.7 again and it updated.
did you just call them and asked them to push the latest software? mine is on 1.2.1. how long did it take to install the update?

did you just call them and asked them to push the latest software? mine is on 1.2.1. how long did it take to install the update?
I called and they asked me to unplug the car, lock with the key fob, walk away for 20 minutes. During that 20 minutes, they pushed an update and I was able to start an install from the app.

Haha, good news then. This is probably why we never saw 1.2.5 ;)

I seem to have this problem with my gps and the software updates didn’t help. Anyone still have this problem?

My GPS was also stuck. I think I was on 2.0.18 at the time. I tried the key card reset with no immediate luck. However the next morning the problem was gone and things were back to normal.

Below are the instructions Customer Service sent me on how to perform the Key Card Reset:

You could give it a shot. If you have about 30 minutes, the Power Reset using your Valet Key Card would be the best troubleshooting method I could offer. Directions to follow

Valet Key Card Vehicle Power Reset

Please keep all Key Fobs/Mobile Keys out of Range?(you can easily turn off your Bluetooth on your Mobile Device to ensure that it won't interact with the vehicle while your performing the Valet Key Card reset)

Manually lock your vehicle using your Valet Key Card

1) To lock the vehicle, exit the vehicle and swipe the card on the Pillar in between the Driver Window and the Rear Driver Window, 1"-2" above the black circle (camera)?Note: swipe quickly because if the card is left there too long, the vehicle will lock then unlock

2) Once the side view mirrors are folded in and the door handles are folded in flush with the door, let the vehicle sit for 15 minutes

3) After the noted amount of time passes, gain entry to the vehicle using the Valet Key Card. Repeat the same process as locking the vehicle to gain entry

Using your Valet Key Card combined with letting the vehicle sit in a deep sleep state for a period of time allows the vehicle to fully power cycle. This process could possible clear any faults or bugs within the vehicle.

Thank you. Didn’t work. It will keep trying daily until they schedule my service

Just got my car back last week from service for a new battery and front camera. Now I’m seeing this issue. Resets aren’t working and the car thinks it’s constantly in my garage. Won’t acknowledge speed limits anywhere (because it’s in my garage) and also the app won’t activate. Just constantly waking up.

So frustrating. I’ve reached out to tech support but if this takes another extended maintenance to repair this is likely the end of the road for me.

Just got my car back last week from service for a new battery and front camera. Now I’m seeing this issue. Resets aren’t working and the car thinks it’s constantly in my garage. Won’t acknowledge speed limits anywhere (because it’s in my garage) and also the app won’t activate. Just constantly waking up.

So frustrating. I’ve reached out to tech support but if this takes another extended maintenance to repair this is likely the end of the road for me.
Should just require a reset of the module. Mobile service can usually take care of it in less than 10 minutes.

Back