GOT VIN #! New owner concerns.

I guess I was really focusing on the post with issues and not the many positive posts, especially driving experience. I live about 20 mins to a studio/service center and I think someone above mentioned it might be that persons issue since he is screaming at a service tech. But thank you for the response.
It’s easier to find the negative things on the internet in comparison to the positive things. Most people feel motivated when they’re frustrated. When people are happy, they’re usually quiet.

Ah, I’m guessing you’re not part of the members only lounge yet. Needless to say, delivery was a headache and had a really bad intro for me. My purchase was in June last year. After I finally received my car, even with some other small issues, I’ve been beyond happy with the vehicle.

Comparatively, my experience was far worse with my 2013 Model S issues and service.
Long time lurker and just finally joined the forum. Ahhh hopefully Lucid improved the delivery process! Feel like lot of the early owners had a few challenges with many aspects of being an owner.

I took delivery a week ago. Three days later an issue comes up. I've been without our new Air since Monday. I've been informed the work is finished and they'll deliver the car on Monday.

Yes, issues can and do happen, the mark of a great company is how they take care of customers, and Lucid has been nothing but gracious in my situation. And it is unacceptable to berate people, especially when they're trying to help!!

This is How you Upgrade from a Touring to a GT.

Ohh Thank you! New dad so didn't know about putting something down for the car seats. Yikes lol. Gonna buy the Lusso!
Congratulations! This one is my first kid also. Other key things to do, paper towel roll in the rear door sill, Tidal playlist with things that will pacify the kid, handheld car vacuum, and chemical guys leather cleaner spray (not the sprayable leather, I think it’s not good for the unique leather in this car based on Lucid recommendations).

I've had my GT for about five months. I has a couple 1.x.xx software problems the first few days. After that, no problems at all. We had a fun 1300+ mile road trip into the desert a few weeks ago. Not the prettiest pics but you get the idea:
Lucid at Joshua Tree.jpg
Lucid Bear.jpg

I've had my GT for about five months. I has a couple 1.x.xx software problems the first few days. After that, no problems at all. We had a fun 1300+ mile road trip into the desert a few weeks ago. Not the prettiest pics but you get the idea:View attachment 11061View attachment 11062
I love the white and Cali Bear! Glad to hear your positive experience with Lucid.

Congratulations! This one is my first kid also. Other key things to do, paper towel roll in the rear door sill, Tidal playlist with things that will pacify the kid, handheld car vacuum, and chemical guys leather cleaner spray (not the sprayable leather, I think it’s not good for the unique leather in this car based on Lucid recommendations).
You're a pro! Omg these suggestions are super helpful! Thanks!

I took delivery a week ago. Three days later an issue comes up. I've been without our new Air since Monday. I've been informed the work is finished and they'll deliver the car on Monday.

Yes, issues can and do happen, the mark of a great company is how they take care of customers, and Lucid has been nothing but gracious in my situation. And it is unacceptable to berate people, especially when they're trying to help!!

This is How you Upgrade from a Touring to a GT.
Thank you true, overwhelming feedback is that lucid service has been exceptional. If you don't mind but what issues did your touring have? and I wish I could upgrade from touring to Grand Touring but budget hit the max lol.

Thank you true, overwhelming feedback is that lucid service has been exceptional. If you don't mind but what issues did your touring have? and I wish I could upgrade from touring to Grand Touring but budget hit the max lol.
The clamp that held the coolant hose got loose, and it starting rubbing against the front axle, causing a leak. At least it was driveable, and did not go into turtle mode.

It’s easier to find the negative things on the internet in comparison to the positive things. Most people feel motivated when they’re frustrated. When people are happy, they’re usually quiet.
Yes it is. I had some spectacular service from a T-Mobile "genius" so I wrote an email to the CEO praising the service. He wrote back starting with "I don't get many letters like this". The employee was promoted a month later.

Personally, I think positive reinforcement is way better than negative reinforcement. But either way...one should not rely on experiences reported on a forum such as this one. The reports are real but are not necessarily statistically valid.

Yeah, if you guys find a Lucid service employee you think is doing a great job you can let a regional manager know. I did this, and the regional manager wrote back saying they really appreciated the positive feedback. I think in times of company downsizing this is even more important.

Just a general reminder about encountering complaints in a service area or on a forum such as this ... most of the time people don't go to the doctor/hospital when they're well. They feel sick, are in pain or significant discomfort. All the bad feelings inside them get squeezed out in their communications. Now what really stands out is when the staff at the hospital or doctor's office takes this in stride and tries to communicate back calm, understanding, appreciation, consoling, as well as the treatment needed to help resolve the real issue. Now that's a tough job, needs just the right personality. And even then there will be days when they've just had as much as they can take, and respond to the aggression with a less than calm response.
As several of the active members have said above, please work hard to treat the people who are trying to help you with respect, understanding that when you're venting, it just increases the stress level of everyone and doesn't win you more respect. And on any forum, you're likely to read lots more venting than gushing, both because those needing to vent feel they can do so loudly to a largely anonymous audience, but also because you as a reader will be more likely to read posts that show something alarming than posts that say "I love my car."

<vent>By the way, as a Touring owner, my only delivery issue was that a couple taking delivery of their new car were apparently guided by the DA to my car instead, took the RfID cards already linked to my car and started configuring profiles for themselves before realizing they were in the wrong car. My RFID cards were missing, presumably in the possession of this other couple. My DA pointed out the problem within a minute after introducing himself, and the replacement cards are now in my possession. Oh, and a wiper blade arm was slightly out of alignment. </vent>

Just a general reminder about encountering complaints in a service area or on a forum such as this ... most of the time people don't go to the doctor/hospital when they're well. They feel sick, are in pain or significant discomfort. All the bad feelings inside them get squeezed out in their communications. Now what really stands out is when the staff at the hospital or doctor's office takes this in stride and tries to communicate back calm, understanding, appreciation, consoling, as well as the treatment needed to help resolve the real issue. Now that's a tough job, needs just the right personality. And even then there will be days when they've just had as much as they can take, and respond to the aggression with a less than calm response.
As several of the active members have said above, please work hard to treat the people who are trying to help you with respect, understanding that when you're venting, it just increases the stress level of everyone and doesn't win you more respect. And on any forum, you're likely to read lots more venting than gushing, both because those needing to vent feel they can do so loudly to a largely anonymous audience, but also because you as a reader will be more likely to read posts that show something alarming than posts that say "I love my car."

<vent>By the way, as a Touring owner, my only delivery issue was that a couple taking delivery of their new car were apparently guided by the DA to my car instead, took the RfID cards already linked to my car and started configuring profiles for themselves before realizing they were in the wrong car. My RFID cards were missing, presumably in the possession of this other couple. My DA pointed out the problem within a minute after introducing himself, and the replacement cards are now in my possession. Oh, and a wiper blade arm was slightly out of alignment. </vent>
Thanks so much for this perspective, really good analogy. Any trouble or problem with the car of course can be frustrating, but the quality and demeanor of Lucid staff has seriously been exemplary, and it’s been that way for me 100% of the time too. Here’s the latest example: Yesterday I was a dumbass backing out of my garage and heavily scraped my bumper on the side of my house, I was distracted and was totally my error even though the car was alarming me to stop. I reached out to Lucid and also the insurance company to figure out a plan (it needs to be assessed by Lucid certified shop, and there aren’t any in Rhode Island so it will be in Ashland Mass), and Lucid got me the info for the body shop quickly, reviewed pictures I sent of the damage, even offered me a tow. Meanwhile I still haven’t heard peep from the insurance company aside from an email saying they had received my claim and will contact me within two days. The insurance is a service I’m paying for, and Lucid was already more on top of it and responsive than my own insurance company, on a holiday weekend no less.

Back