Got hit today :/

Darkstar19

Verified Owner
Referral Code
CZO465JD
I unfortunately got side swiped today. The driver hit me, refused to exchange information, then drove off. I got a pic of his license plate and filed a report with the police. His car was old and heavily dinged and I’m not sure if he’s insured.

Filed a claim with insurance and will provide the police report once it’s ready on Friday. Back rear is damaged - two panels and the rim. May be able to be buffed out and paint corrected but may also need to be replaced.

Couple questions for the community:

1) Anyone aware of good Lucid Certified body shops in NJ or the greater tristate area? Also have the question in to Customer Service but waiting to hear back.

2) Any advice on other steps to take or things to keep in mind? It’s an 18 month lease and I have Geico insurance.

Bummer all around. Hopefully this can all be resolved quickly.

So sorry this happened to you. What a bummer. I was in a similar situation early this year, but the person who hit me was honest and well insured.

Likely, your uninsured motorist coverage will handle this, so you'll likely only be out your deductible.

The thing that sucked the worst for me was the timeline. Took several months for me to get my car back. Hoping the shops in Jersey are less swamped than the ones around me were.

Lucid will get you the closest certified repair shop via Customer support. Text them rather than calling. I find that's faster. But also ask the shop to be sure.

I unfortunately got side swiped today. The driver hit me, refused to exchange information, then drove off. I got a pic of his license plate and filed a report with the police. His car was old and heavily dinged and I’m not sure if he’s insured.

Filed a claim with insurance and will provide the police report once it’s ready on Friday. Back rear is damaged - two panels and the rim. May be able to be buffed out and paint corrected but may also need to be replaced.

Couple questions for the community:

1) Anyone aware of good Lucid Certified body shops in NJ or the greater tristate area? Also have the question in to Customer Service but waiting to hear back.

2) Any advice on other steps to take or things to keep in mind? It’s an 18 month lease and I have Geico insurance.

Bummer all around. Hopefully this can all be resolved quickly.
1) KOP has s very good one.
2) A dashcam.

1) KOP has s very good one.
2) A dashcam.
He got the license plate so they should be able to track this person down. And charge them with hit and run. Unless the car was stolen or unregistered. In which case, the dash cam wouldn't help, anyway.

But I agree, a dashcam does make it crystal clear who is at fault. Although 9 times out of 10, the damage to both cars make that obvious to a trained inspector.

So sorry to hear about your hit and run.

1724285163676.webp

Peotrer’s is good. Mobile tech mid-aligned my frunk and had to take them to fix it.

So, sorry to hear your loss. Hopefully, they quickly turn around for you.

There are four certified body shops near you:
1724299736828.webp
1724299750574.webp
1724299763080.webp
1724299773251.webp
1724299787420.webp

One more further out:
1724299844038.webp

Peotrer’s is good. Mobile tech mid-aligned my frunk and had to take them to fix it.

So, sorry to hear your loss. Hopefully, they quickly turn around for you.
I second this, been there a few times and they've always done a good job

I second this, been there a few times and they've always done a good job
Is Peotrer's responsive? I took my Touring to Karossorie (spelling?) in Wayne, PA & could get neither an estimate nor even a response to a phone call in 3 weeks. I heard they do good work, but if they lie about their response time, why bother with them ?? Stay away from that shop ,unless you don't care when/if you'll get your car back.

Is Peotrer's responsive? I took my Touring to Karossorie (spelling?) in Wayne, PA & could get neither an estimate nor even a response to a phone call in 3 weeks. I heard they do good work, but if they lie about their response time, why bother with them ?? Stay away from that shop ,unless you don't care when/if you'll get your car back.
Yeah they are much more than I am actually.... (sorry for the later reply just seeing this)

Appreciate everyone’s responses and help. So it turns out the person claims to be an Instacart driver and through some odd carveout AllState has they won’t cover it though my insurance and the police report clearly state he’s at fault. This may become a different thing now and we’ll have to sue him…

Anyways - will plan to work with Peotter’s, even if we end up having to use our insurance and pay the deductible.

Back