Ghetto elbow rest

marsarbu

Cars
S560, Panamera, Palisade
My left elbow was hurting after a 400 mile trip and there was already a depression when the tip of the elbow dug into the alcantara. I find the door elbow rest to be pretty hard and I'm also bony, if that's even a word. So I did this South Central LA upgrade, it's filled with gel and extremely comfortable. I feel like I should get an award for design.

Attachments

• Elbow Rest.png
    Elbow Rest.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 222
My left elbow was hurting after a 400 mile trip and there was already a depression when the tip of the elbow dug into the alcantara. I find the door elbow rest to be pretty hard and I'm also bony, if that's even a word. So I did this South Central LA upgrade, it's filled with gel and extremely comfortable. I feel like I should get an award for design.
Great fix, but I'm curious... what's the backstory on the window switch? 🤣

I like colorful customizations :)

Nah, I just got it tinted all-around and usually they stick a ... sticker on your window switches to remind you not to roll down your windows and destroy your fresh $1,200 investment.

I like colorful customizations :)

Nah, I just got it tinted all-around and usually they stick a ... sticker on your window switches to remind you not to roll down your windows and destroy your fresh $1,200 investment.
1200?? Wtf... I mean, then again, you live in California ;)

I'm honestly shocked by how relatively unobtrusive this modification looks, which probably has something to do with the matching colors. Combined with HA, it's the perfect road-trip setup!

Yup, SD is one of the most expensive cities in the world. Usually when you go in vacation somewhere nice, you are shocked at the high prices. I am shocked too, but at how cheap everything is wherever we go in vacay. At most, it is as expensive as SD.

Why "Ghetto?"

I have the same problem, which is extremely uncomfortable. The alcantara fabric is not designed to bear weight and should not have been used in the arm rest without some underlying cushioning. Alternatively, a different but complimentary material. Suspect change will be integrated in future productions. Where is your solution sourced?

Not original, the fabric doesn't match, it's crooked, might come off, not aesthetically pleasing, very cheap fix. Doesn't look like it belongs.

Like me :)
Now you have to post a picture of yourself, so we know if look like you belong. :) Actually, I don't think it looks that bad. I never rest my elbow on the door, so I haven't run into that problem.

I have the same problem, which is extremely uncomfortable. The alcantara fabric is not designed to bear weight and should not have been used in the arm rest without some underlying cushioning. Alternatively, a different but complimentary material. Suspect change will be integrated in future productions. Where is your solution sourced?
The solution is an old tradition passed from generation to generation. Here's the link https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BNT5XFYQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details I used a piece of double sided tape. So far so good.

Not original, the fabric doesn't match, it's crooked, might come off, not aesthetically pleasing, very cheap fix. Doesn't look like it belongs.

Like me :)
The match looks pretty good to me. Where did you find it?

This is what my arm rest looks like. I increased the contrast to make it easier to see the underlying indentations. Definitely not normal wear and tear. Just wrong design material choice for that function.

Attachments

• Arm rest material failure.jpg
    Arm rest material failure.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 127
Back